Temecula Airgun Shoot, long range, March 31, 2019 cash prizes
I know its not Field Target, but it does has similarities:
Long Range Airgun event, scheduled for Sunday March 31, 2019 ( now includes rules, more entry info etc.)
The Temecula Airgun Club is again offering the opportunity test your skills and shoot with some of the best, so join us for a great day of competition and camaraderie. Its a NEW game! Not bench rest, Field Target, or Silhouette, but almost a mix of all three! The top shooters will be awarded substantial cash prizes (up to 3/4 of the gate).
1. The match will consist of a series of relays of five shots per shooter at a distance exceeding 100 meters across the canyon.
Shooters will be called to the line by relay and will fire on command. Relays will be timed and the shooters may not fire more than five shots, and MUST stop firing at the cease fire command. Shooting positions will be rotated every relay, and each shooter will end up shooting in the morning, mid-day, and afternoon, so as to equalize conditions across the board.
2. A sightin area will be available near the competition line, with approximately the same distance and wind directions as used for the scoring shots. The sightin area will be open only to registered shooters the afternoon before the match, as well as during most of the match. Competitors will be allowed to use this area between relays, but may not aim or fire from the competition line unless called to the line. No firearms or bigbore airguns may fired or displayed at the sightin line. At least two experienced shooters should be present.
3. Targets will be standard biodegradable White Star clay pigeons, hanging vertically from crosswire target stand supports. Each contestant will engage his bank of targets on command. Targets must be either be broken or holed to be scored as hits (brother samples have been tested with low powered guns and break easily, but well-centered .177 sometimes produce just a nice hole with a large coneshaped plug blown out the back).
4. Targets broken by a pellet hit will be scored as a point ONLY if fired in proper left to right order within the alloted time. A substantial part or parts of the target must be broken from the target for a scored hit. All targets will be checked for damage before and after firing (by the target setters).
5. Equipment: Airguns of .17, .20, or .22 caliber are allowed. Only regulation airgun pellets may be used, no slugs or bullet-like ammunition. No artificial rests, monopods, bipods, or tripods may be used. A bumbag or low backless and armless stool may be used for sitting only. A towel or thin pad may be used for kneeling or as protection to the hand or arm. No Shooting Jacket or gloves please. No spotting or coaching. Use of spotting scopes will not be allowed for shooters or team member to observe any record shots.
6. Shooting position: The the shooter's hand, forearm, or elbow may rest on the low (apprx 24") wall. The gun's forend may be supported by the shooters hand only. The GUN must be supported by the shooter's hand or body, with no contact to a seat or the ground. The shooters knee, foot or leg may not be used to help steady the gun.
7. The match will begin in the morning, exact time depending on wind forecasts and conditions, and continue until mid to late afternoon. We will break for lunch before the last relay.
8. "May the best man win": There will NOT be specific equipment classes contested, though of course we will post the sort of equipment and style any individual wants alongside his/her scores. Prizes from 1st up to 5th places will be awarded to the top high scorers.
9. Safety is paramount. No gun with a closed bolt or even a magazine installed may be handled or carried or displayed EXCEPT on the sightin range or official firing line. Guns should be unloaded and uncocked unless on the sightin line or match firing line with Hot Line call.
10. Charging of guns should be done at designated charging areas, not right at a shooting area. Other than air tanks, shooters should carry all their equipment to and from the shooting lane, and NOT leave any around before or after shooting, as it may interefere with other shooters or lead to loss and consternation.
Registration consists of supplying your name and address on the check or M.O., as well as indicating whether you are camping. . Match fee will be $75, with a $15 late fee for entries recieved after March 15. . Fee for Juniors under 15 accompanied by adults shoot for at a reduced fee with early registration. Entries will be limited to 28 shooters.
Be safe, have fun.
You can contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your registration ck. or m.o. to:
38505 Overhill Rd.
Temecula, Ca., 92592