Notifications

Homemade clay targets  

RSS

Septicdeath
( @septicdeath )
2020-01-06 17:32:53  

Here are some quick and easy to make reactivate clay targets. make 100's for penny"s each. And only a short amount of time. After they dry good they explode nicely when shot. Have fun shooting!

Needed items
Plaster of Paris in any color
Water
Baking cups, various sizes available
mixing container

scratchit and pluric thanked
Topic Tags
pluric
( @pluric )
2020-01-06 18:27:00  

Thank you for posting that. Personally I've tried to get into zero trace shooting. If I do shoot anything that leaves debris I choose to shoot cheap cookies or edible anything that at least birds or ground animals can enjoy. When I trail clean the thing I hate the most are the orange shotgun clays. They show too well all over the ground and have no environmental value at all. 

Not to rant but my biggest pet peeve is the garbage left by shooters. I try to do a cleanup run once a month at a popular canyon open to shooting. The shit I find just makes one sick what someone will bother to haul in, blast apart and then leave it all. Often in pristine little side washes with a running brook. 

I had to add a stake bed to my clean up quad trailer to hold more. Even then it's often not enough and I'll ask truck owners to haul out bags for me so I can keep going. Sad really.

Clean a
Clean

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
( @septicdeath )
2020-01-06 19:03:23  
@pluric

These just turn back to dirt. This is also why I choose the brown color.

ReplyQuote
pluric
( @pluric )
2020-01-06 19:11:10  

@septicdeath

Yes, I saw that in your video that it turns to powder. That's why I liked it. It's more the other commercial clay targets that I dislike.

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
( @septicdeath )
2020-01-06 21:30:29  
20200106 182356

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote