Notifications

Home made mini centrifugal bullet trap  

RSS

Mike_Lenardon
( @mike )
2019-11-04 19:27:45  

Made this out of an old piece of sheet metal that has been in the garage for a few years. 12 ga so its 2mm thick, tube has .o95 wall, 15lb rifle doesnt phase it at all. Modeled after my full size one from the mid 30's  Has a 6x6 opening about 9" or so long.

20191013 170830

pluric thanked
Gratewhitehuntr
( @gratewhitehuntr )
2019-11-05 07:42:54  

In Newtonian mechanics, the centrifugal force is an inertial force that appears to act on all objects when viewed in a rotating frame of reference. It is directed away from an axis passing through the coordinate system's origin and parallel to the axis of rotation.

Easy def... 

cen·trif·u·gal  /senˈtrif(y)əɡəl/

Physics
1. moving or tending to move away from a center.

The 30s were not very advanced, needs another lip on the bottom for magnets, and to catch sliders.
Unless your pic is upside down, in which case it needs a lip on the top 😉

ReplyQuote
pluric
( @pluric )
2019-11-05 08:40:54  

Is that you Sheldon??? 😉 😀 

ReplyQuote
Mike_Lenardon
( @mike )
2019-11-05 20:25:58  

Has a lip on top for a magnet. Was going to put one on the bottom but i didn't think it would need it. As it stands I have not had any sliders to date and that's probably 300 to 400 pellets so far. I just made it because I was bored. It works really well. 

Pluric...sorry, not Sheldon. 🍻 

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
( @gratewhitehuntr )
2019-11-06 07:34:08  

I've always been here Pluric.

John doesn't let me talk much, says I'm not cool enough for the other kids, says correcting people makes enemies not change.

He says people can only hear what they're already thinking, like admiring an echo.

I say this device is likely to emit dust when struck with each consecutive shot, and if used inside, should be equipped with an evacuation fan on the vertical stack and lip at the bottom to catch particulate being knocked loose and sliding out.

OP could place a bit of duct tape as a protruding horizontal ledge along the bottom lip if he doubted this theory.

ReplyQuote
pluric
( @pluric )
2019-11-06 13:21:46  
Posted by: @mike

Has a lip on top for a magnet. Was going to put one on the bottom but i didn't think it would need it. As it stands I have not had any sliders to date and that's probably 300 to 400 pellets so far. I just made it because I was bored. It works really well. 

Pluric...sorry, not Sheldon. 🍻 

That was directed at Great White. 🙂  Loved his "Young Sheldon" response. 🤣  Great White has got to be a lot of fun at parties. 😉 

ReplyQuote