Notifications
Clear all

CANCELLED: Tar Heel Airgun Clubs 2020 Carolina Classic Grand Prix  

RSS

Knobs
(@knobs)
2019-11-23 19:53:38  

Hello,

The Tar Heel Airgun Club will hold it's Spring Grand Prix March 20-22, 2020 in Pleasant Hill, North Carolina. 

Tar Heel Airgun Clubs 2020 Carolina Classic Grand Prix  

Many of you who attended the 2018 Field Target Nationals will remember the Twin Cities Rifle and Pistol Club. You guessed it! That will be the Venue for the Grand Prix.

Registrations are open. You can register at http://www.thagc.com/2020-carolina-classic

or by following the link on the Tar Heel Airgun Club's main page.

Click on the Schedule button for an idea of the planned festivities. More details will be added to the web presentation shortly.

I hope to see you there!

Knobs

scratchit and phepler thanked
phepler
(@deadeye)
2019-11-25 13:29:04  

Dead Eye will be there!

ReplyQuote
phepler
(@deadeye)
2020-01-20 14:07:36  

Just TWO months away from the Carolina Classic GP!

Chris and his crew have prepared a fun but challenging course. Signup now to guarantee your spot!

CLICK HERE to register!

ReplyQuote
Paul Porch
(@paul-porch)
2020-01-20 16:38:18  

Signed, sealed, and delivered! O am registered.....

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
phepler
(@deadeye)
2020-01-24 14:08:06  
carolina classic mockup

ReplyQuote
MiguelSanchez
(@miguelsanchez)
2020-01-31 18:33:34  

Will be there, no doubt!

ReplyQuote
ElectricDelta
(@electricdelta)
2020-01-31 20:15:50  

Just registered.

ReplyQuote
Knobs
(@knobs)
2020-02-01 16:02:56  

Hi Folks,

Registration for then 2020 Carolina Classic now stands at 15 shooters insuring GP status viability.

There  is a problem with Google's search engine. If one attempts to find the website using the search function Google mis-directs to an unrelated site. The Carolina Classic URL works just fine, as does the Tar Heel Airgun Club UR. Either way gets you to the signup page. In short, google isn't going to help you if you're trying to sign up using it.

We also have an issue with Wordpress that precludes us from adding updates to the site. Hopefully that will be resolved soon, but here's some more information.

-Block room rates are available from the Holiday In Express in Roanoake Rapids. The rate is $140 per night plus taxes for a double queen room. The reservations are cancellable. Call the hotel directly at (252) 535-3300 and use  code TGP and tell them you are coming for the Tar Hell Airgun event. The rate drops dead at the end of February.     

-If you're looking for an RV campsite, Click Here.

That's it for now. Winter weather this year has been unseasonably warm all winter. We expect an early spring! Hope to see you guys there.

Knobs

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
Dockey 454
(@dockey-454)
2020-02-13 19:10:36  

I'm in guys! Just need to reserve a campsite now. See you there.

Tom

ReplyQuote
phepler
(@deadeye)
2020-02-13 20:32:40  
Posted by: @dockey-454

I'm in guys! Just need to reserve a campsite now. See you there.

Tom

Reserved my camp spot today at Carolina Crossroads 

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
Dockey 454
(@dockey-454)
2020-02-14 09:40:17  

@deadeye

Just reserved my site at Carolina. See you there.

Tom

ReplyQuote
Knobs
(@knobs)
2020-03-03 16:59:54  

UPDATE: March 3, 2020

We still can't update the website, so here goes.

There are now 24 registered shooters(One is a maybe) in all three rifle Divisions, with both classes represented in Hunter.

There are six pistol shooters registered, enough for the scores to count for Pistol GP status. If there are any rifle shooters who are willing to participate in the event that one of the six doesn't make it, please let us know.

Registrations will be accepted up to the Friday, the first day of the event, HOWEVER,  registrations made after midnight Thursday, March 5 will not be eligible for T-Shirts. We have to place the order on Friday.

We will also order awards on Friday. Should additional piston shooters register in any division in sufficient numbers to qualify as a separate class we may not be able to get awards in hand in time for the match. They might be able to be ordered and shipped later provided the small batch order doesn't get too expensive.

The MP5 full auto shoot will be held after the pistol match on Friday. If you are interested in a little full auto fun, bring factory 9mm pistol ammo with you. NO HANDLOADED AMMO. Shooters must be 18 years or older and in good enough physical condition( In the sole judgement of the RSO) to safely shoot the weapon. If you're interested and haven't yet let us know, please do so. YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION!!

Bring rain gear. The weather plan is to consolidate both matches into a single day if one day looks like it'll get heavy rain. If rain is expected both days, we will shoot in the rain. We seldom see thunderstorms this time of year. 

As mentioned on the website, we usually have dinner at Logun Roadhouse. You're welcome to join us.

We want to thank everyone for their support!!

Keith, Chris, Jimmy, Philip, & Paul

ReplyQuote
phepler
(@deadeye)
2020-03-10 13:17:10  
IMG 8627
Come claim your award!
2020 Carolina Classic March 20-22 Pleasant Hill, NC
Click here for info:

ReplyQuote
uncle paulie
(@uncle-paulie)
2020-03-12 19:35:34  

Looks like I'm going to make it after all!

See you at the shoot!

pv

ReplyQuote
phepler
(@deadeye)
2020-03-12 19:42:34  
Posted by: @uncle-paulie

Looks like I'm going to make it after all!

See you at the shoot!

pv

That's awesome!

ReplyQuote
Paul Porch
(@paul-porch)
2020-03-14 11:30:00  

Remember the 1st place winners of the pistol match in Hunter class and limited, get their choice of one of my custom targets.

The winner of a coin toss gets to choose first!

Sorry, the sunlight in the shop covered the bears face washing it out. It is all the same color

Carolina Classic

ReplyQuote
Dockey 454
(@dockey-454)
2020-03-14 20:40:04  

Very nice Paul, maybe I should have practiced a little. Haven't taken my pistol out of the case since Pyramyd last year.

Tom

ReplyQuote
Paul Porch
(@paul-porch)
2020-03-14 20:42:31  

Tom, you sti have a few days to practice....lol

ReplyQuote
phepler
(@deadeye)
2020-03-17 08:42:23  

In case you have missed the announcement, we regret that we will have to cancel/postpone the Carolina Classic this weekend. For additional details see this post: https://airgunwarriors.com/community/field-target/2020-carolina-classic-the-coronavirus/#post-36606

ReplyQuote