Notifications
Clear all

Ranges Open  

RSS

MarineO6
(@marineo6)
2020-03-29 10:57:35  

Per DHS, shooting ranges are exempt from shutdown so it appears FT matches can be held for those clubs using ranges.

Some states are limiting crowds over 10 or whatever, but since most local matches have a relatively small number of participants and are in remote-ish areas, probably not a deal killer.  

It’s springtime, let the shooting begin!

rich177
(@rich177)
2020-03-29 15:41:20  

Just because one may be able to do something does not mean that they should do something!  I love shooting as much as anyone but I am not going to risk serious illness or death to do it!  I am currently at a local hospital every day for treatment and I can tell you all that the medical professionals take this virus very seriously and that most certainly leads me to the belief that the rest of us should take it seriously as well. 

Rick B.

Pato88 thanked
ReplyQuote
Bob D.
(@bob-d)
2020-04-23 08:41:17  

I don't know about "DHS" pronouncements.  But ALL of the gun ranges in Texas that I frequent are CLOSED.

I don't hunt for my supper (few do anymore) so I consider shooting activities to be optional hobbies, far from "essential."  Ranges that remain open have to assume that I will show up.  For the forseeable future, I won't. 

Judging by the frequency of posting here lately, I am not alone.

ReplyQuote
Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
2020-04-23 15:20:23  

Arlington Sportsmans Club is open for club members and their guests.  Maybe we should have a small shooting activity NTX Airgun Shooters.

ReplyQuote
Dave Cole
(@airgunsoftulsa)
2020-04-23 19:06:42  

@cloud9ag

I believe a few of the Oklahoma shooters would participate if efforts to curtail the possibility of transmitting Covid19 were implemented.

I threw a few ideas out in a post here about a week ago. 

Maybe send out an email asking if and who would participate. It wouldn't be as much fun if it was just you and me..... 😉  

ReplyQuote
Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
2020-04-23 22:01:19  

@airgunsoftulsa

I'm just thinking 3 or 4 of you come down and we take one of the ranges (which are empty) with one spot between us and be done.  I'm not going to get too wrapped up about transmitting the virus if we're just plinking.  

ReplyQuote
Dave Cole
(@airgunsoftulsa)
2020-04-23 22:32:45  

@cloud9ag

I think I can rustle up a few from OKC. I'll reach out to them. Mark and I from Tulsa for sure.

Did you have a date in mind? A group of us are leaving to go to Ks/Colo. last weekend in May.  

ReplyQuote