Notifications
Clear all

November 22 ESCAA Field Target Last match of the season + Match Report  

RSS

tom2009
(@tom2009)
November 16, 2020 04:48:24  

The weather for Sunday is looking good Sunday afternoon I will send another email if the match will be cancelled no later then Friday 11-20-22 for other reasons

Thanks And Be Safe

Tom

The range requires that masks are to worn at all times you may remove or lower the mask while shooting on the lanes.

https://forward.ny.gov/protect-yourself-and-your-family-coronavirus-covid-19&source=gmail&ust=1605605717609000&usg=AFQjCNGU_5LI0LdLr1SRFXjKSD-E_Qzd0 Q"> https://forward.ny.gov/protect-yourself-and-your-family-coronavirus-covid-19   

Masks & Face Coverings Guidance

Cloth face coverings can be fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low-cost, and should be used as a public health measure, beyond social distancing.

Individuals must procure, fashion, or otherwise obtain face coverings and wear them when they are in a public and are: 

• within six feet of distance from other individuals; or 
  • in a situation or setting where they are unable to maintain six feet of distance from other individuals.
  • When wearing cloth face coverings in public settings, where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community transmission, you should: 
  • Make sure that they fit snugly and cover their nose and mouth. 
  • Not become complacent with other protective measures.
    • Do not touch the cloth covering or face.
    • Continue to be vigilant with thorough and frequent hand washing with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand sanitizer of 60%+ alcohol. 
    • Practice respiratory etiquette and cover your coughs or sneezes. 
    • Practice social distancing – even when wearing masks. 
    • Stay home and help flatten the curve! 

While cloth face coverings may not prevent the wearer from becoming infected, they might help slow spread from people who have the virus and are unaware. 

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2020/04/doh_covid19_eo20217-20218publicfacecovering_041720.pdf&source=gmail&ust=1605605717610000&usg=AFQjCNHCE_ddB8lQObaHOxywACghaYBUN g">Read the guidance document on use of cloth face coverings by the NYS Department of Health. 

Hand protection - you are recommended to bring your own gloves or hand sanitizer. 

We will have 1 shooter per lane and Bring your own pencil

For this shoot, PCP shooters must bring their own air supply.

CLASSES: AAFTA: OPEN: PCP & Spring Piston, WFTF: PCP & Spring Piston, HUNTER: PCP & Spring Piston, OFF-HAND, JUNIOR, PISTOL and UNLIMITED. 

RULES: A 20 Foot Pound Maximum applies to all rifles; Current AAFTA rules apply.

ELIGIBILITY: Open to all shooters both club members and non-members.

FEES: $15.00 for Non – members and 10.00 for members

TIME: Sight-in and practice 9:00 A.M. to 10:15 A.M. Registration is from 9:00 A.M. until 10:15 A.M. The Rifle match begins at 10:30 A.M.  

PROGRAM: The match will consist of 30 targets, (10 lanes 3 targets per lane) 2 shots per target for a total score of 60. The lanes will be shot near to far and timers will be used.

The shooting order will be Hunter class, Open class, WFTF class and Off-Hand class

Scoring will be “x” for a knock down and “0” for miss, the scoring for Junior will be “2” for a knock down and “1” for a face hit.

Distances will be from 10 to 55 yards

DIRECTIONS: Address: 724 Middle Country Road, Ridge, NY 11961 this address is across the road from the entry of the range

From the LIE (Long Island Expressway) East or West take exit 68 North (William Floyd Parkway) to Route 25 East stay on route 25 east for about a mile on the left side you will see the Brookhaven Shooting Range the Airgun Range is located behind the registration building. 

MATCH DIRECTORS:

Tom Wade phone: 631-463-4223, E-Mail: escaaclub@gmail.com
Tom Holland, Telephone: 347-886-1249, E-Mail: 
sniperxbow60x@aol.com

--

"Live Simply"

Tom Wade

631-463-4223

ESCAA

(Eastern Suffolk Competitive Airgunners Association)

tom2009
(@tom2009)
November 20, 2020 17:42:26  

The match is a go I have 15 lanes of field target fun for everyone, the average distance is just under 37 yards. I know these are trying times if you can make great if not I understand have the best thanksgiving you.

Thanks And Be Safe 

Tom

ReplyQuote
Bill Day
(@bill-day)
November 20, 2020 19:42:40  

@tom2009

Tom, I applaud you Match Director dedication to make Ft matches available in NY. Would Love to come down again to shoot with you guys but, between my age and my health risks I dare not make it down. I sincerely hope you have a great match and congratulations on your recent victory as NY State PCP Hunter Champion. I honestly feel you are a great asset to our game and wish you and your family all the best! Be safe, Bill

ReplyQuote
tom2009
(@tom2009)
November 20, 2020 19:58:07  

Hi Bill, thank you for for your kind words, I hope that next year things will be better and we can back to normal what ever that may be.

Be Safe and have Happy Thanksgiving I wish you all the best for you and your family

Tom

ReplyQuote
tom2009
(@tom2009)
November 22, 2020 16:25:49  

November 22 match report

Eastern Suffolk Competitive Airgunners Association November 22, 2020 Match Report

We had our Final match of the 2020 season. The match was attended by nine shooter’s which was about average for us considering the conditions. The conditions for the match cloudy and overcast most of the day the temperature started the day 46 degrees and when we finished it was 53 degrees and a fair amount of wind throughout the day.

The course layout consisted of 15 lanes 2 targets per lane for a 60-shot match, this was the first time shooting that layout we usually shoot 10 lanes 3 targets the new format worked very well we finished almost 45 minutes sooner. The details of the course were average distance was 36.83 yards with a difficulty of 30.99 we used 2 targets with ¾” and 4 were 1” and the rest were full size.

The Results were

Open PCP

Brian V - shot 54/60 using FX400 FT – Nikko Diamond – AA 10.3

Mark M - shot 43/60 using FXIMPACT – Sightron – AA 10.3

Hunter PCP

Kyle M - shot 28/60 using Marauder – leapers 4-16 – 15.89

Jim J -  shot 19/60 using AA S410 – Hawke sidewinder – H&N FT14.3

Hunter Piston

Mike G – shot 40/60 using Beeman R11 – Hawke Airmax – JSB 13.73

Roel J – shot 37/60 using TX200 MKII – UTG 4-16 – 9.56

WFTF PCP & Piston

Leo G – shot 47/60 using HW97K – Sightron 10-60 – FX 10.3

Tom H – shot43/60 using Thomas FT - Sightron 10-60 – AA 10.3

Both Tom and I want to thank all the shooters that came to Long Island to shoot with us during the year and I hope they will be able to join us next year.

wx4p and gonzav thanked
ReplyQuote
rich177
(@rich177)
November 23, 2020 08:39:16  

You guys put on a nice match.  This year was a bummer.  I hope to shoot your course next year.  15 lanes does help to spread shooters out but a little more work.  We all hope 2021 will be a lot more fun for all of us.

Rick Bassett

ReplyQuote
gonzav
(@gonzav)
November 23, 2020 18:08:26  

Here is a link to videos of Tom Holland shooting the entire match.

OneDrive - ESCAA FT match - 2020 Nov 22 - Tom H

Enjoyed shooting the course. See you all next year. Happy Thanksgiving!

ReplyQuote
Tom Holland
(@xbowairsniper1200)
November 23, 2020 21:29:29  

@gonzav

Thanks, Leo, didn't realize that you filmed THAT much!!!  I'll try to go over the video I shot of you as well, I couldn't stabilize  it as good as you did. 

ReplyQuote