Next ASC FT Match i...

Next ASC FT Match is December 21  

RSS

Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
2019-12-08 11:20:15  
Good morning everyone, 
I want to let you know that the next FT match at ASC will be Saturday, December 21 (the 3rd Saturday of the month). This next match will be between 54 shots using 3 targets per lane, and I plan to use the tower again this time as the standing lane. I am moving the start time back to 10:00am to allow for the temperature to rise a little before the match starts.

Gates will open at 7:30 for sight in and sign up. 
Safety meeting at 9:45. Rifle match to start at 10:00.

All rifles must be in a case or rifle carrier when moving between lanes. 
Please note that it is a club rule that all shooters wear appropriate EYE protection. We don't have extras so remember to bring your own. 
ASC Members $5, non-Members $10 

Please let me know if you plan to attend. If I don’t get more than a few responses, I will cancel the match for this month.

Arlington Sportsman’s Club is located at: 11500 County Road 525, Mansfield, TX 76063 (Also called Lillian Road)

Jeff Cloud
jeff-cloud@utexas.edu
817-360-0611

Jeff Cloud

Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
2019-12-17 23:28:37  

Good evening everyone,
The match is on for this Saturday, even if it rains on Friday.  The shooting lanes won’t be muddy because we’ve put down gravel in the shooting areas this fall.  I’ve made the course much easier this time, so I expect high scores and possibly even for someone to clean the course.  I’ve also got a few surprises in store for you.  Wear a Christmas hat or sweater and you can shoot for FREE.

See you on Saturday morning,
Jeff Cloud

Jeff Cloud

ReplyQuote
Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
2019-12-22 14:23:55  

ASC FT Xmas Pic

FT Match Report Arlington Sportsmans Club 12/20/2019

What a great event for our last match 2019 at the Arlington Sportsmans Club in Mansfield Texas yesterday. 13 shooters showed up on a rather chilly day for Texas in December to take on 10 lanes in our wooded 3D archery course.  It was foggy and chilly but with no wind when we started and that weather lasted for the entire match.  The match this time was 60 shots with 3 targets per lane, and I turned down the Troyer rating to make it a bit more fun and even provide an “ego boost” for some shooters.  The average Troyer was 25.9, SD 5.62, Avg Dist 25.8 yds, and Avg KZ 1.08”, but I had a couple of surprises for the Christmas holidays this match.

First, as has become a tradition at ASC, anyone wearing Holiday attire (hat, sweater, elf shoes, etc.) will be allowed to shoot the match for free (a $10 value)!  Second, I placed 2 targets into a lovely wrapped Christmas package setting to enhance the holiday mood.  I must admit that my intent was to put the targets into a dark setting making them hard to see, but that didn’t work out as I had hoped as one target wasn’t really dark, and the second one wouldn’t fit into the package I procured for it.  Oh well, maybe something to try for a subsequent match.

IMG 5072
IMG 5071
IMG 5088
IMG 5074

Overall, matches continue to run very well with no cold lines or malfunctioning targets.    Thanks to Terry Vanpool for painting and organizing the targets, and to my youngest daughter, Lilly, who helped measure all of the target distances and setup the match on Friday, and finally to everyone who joined us at the match, helped run the strings in the morning, and finally helped take down the course afterwards.

At the end of the match, we turned in our score cards and tallied the scores.  Kevin Enzian with his Air Arms S500 bested everyone for match high score, was first in Hunter PCP, and almost cleaned the course with a score of 59/60!  Congratulations Kevin!!  Paul Walker with his Thomas finished 2ndin Hunter PCP with 53/60, and Paul Kocurek with his RAW TM1000 was 3rdwith 51/50.  Eric Pianori with his Walther LGU in .22 (!) finished 1stin Hunter Piston with 52/60, besting Terry Vanpool and his Walther LGU with 51/60, and I followed with 50/60 for 3rd.  We had 2 open class shooters Craig Martin (Open Piston) with 45/60 and Cliff Montgomery (Open PCP) with 41/60.  It’s nice to see some Open Class shooters!  View the full list of all competitors’ scores and equipment and the match planner below.

For all of you that couldn’t make it out, you missed another great match with a bunch of great folks. I’d like to invite any of you out to shoot and tryout field target even if you don’t own an air rifle, because we have some to loan you to shoot with.  Just let me know ahead of time and we can plan for you to shoot with someone experienced. We’d love to have you join us.  I’d also like to make an invitation to anyone who would like to design a course for an upcoming match.  I can provide a list of targets and pictures of the lanes along with other info that would enable you to layout a match for the rest of us to shoot.  Designing a challenging course that others shoot is rewarding and gives back to the sport we all enjoy.  We will have our next match next year the 4th Saturday in January (25th).

See you at the next match,

Jeff Cloud

Field Target Match Director

Arlington Sportsman’s Club

191220 Match Results
20191221 124113 resized
20191221 114102 resized
20191221 115646 resized
20191221 105919 resized
20191221 105929 resized
IMG 5083 (1)
IMG 5076