Notifications
Clear all

Next Airgun Field Target Match at Arlington Sportsmans Club is Saturday January 25  

RSS

Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
January 14, 2020 20:28:09  

Good evening everyone,
I want to let you know that the next airgun Field Target (FT) match at ASC will be Saturday, January 25 (the 4th Saturday of the month as usual). This next match will be between 50-60 shots using 3 targets per lane, and I plan to use the tower again this time as the standing lane. I am keeping the start time at 10:00am to allow for the temperature to rise a little before the match starts just in case. The only reason I will cancel the match is if it is snowing, raining (drizzle doesn’t count), or below 32F. Look for an email 2 days before with final notification.

Gates will open at 7:30 for sight in and sign up.
Safety meeting at 9:45. Rifle match to start at 10:00.
All rifles must be in a case or rifle carrier when moving between lanes.
Please note that it is a club rule that all shooters wear appropriate EYE protection. We don't have extras so remember to bring your own.
ASC Members $5, non-Members $10

Arlington Sportsman’s Club is located at: 11500 County Road 525, Mansfield, TX 76063 (Also called Lillian Road)

Thanks,
Jeff Cloud
FT Match Director
jeff-cloud@utexas.edu
817-360-0611 

Byron asc texas logo

Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
January 28, 2020 21:39:50  

FT Match Report Arlington Sportsman’s Club 01/25/2020

Well, if you weren’t present then you missed an awesome Field Target match at the Arlington Sportsman’s Club (ASC) in Mansfield Texas yesterday.  20(!!) shooters showed up for the first match of 2020 to take on 10 lanes in our wooded 3D archery course.  Of those 20 shooters, we had 2 new shooters, Patrick Hunter and Willie Sims, both in Hunter PCP.  We paired them up with experienced shooters and hopefully they have the bug and will come back to shoot with us.  It was a little chilly and windy when we started, but thankfully the sun came out and unfortunately the wind picked up even more about halfway through the match. I don’t remember the last time we had this much wind at ASC, nor do I remember having to hold off 3 mil-dots for the wind when shooting @ 12 ft-lbs!  The match was 60 shots with 3 targets per lane once again with 6(!) total offhand targets, and I increased the Troyer difficulty rating resulting in an average Troyer was 29.2, SD 4.92, Avg Dist 27.9 yds, and Avg KZ 1.08”.  I had another surprise on Lane 3 this match; I placed a target inside of a large rain barrel laid on its side with the intent that the target would be in the dark.  I’ll try to make this work a little better next match.

IMG 5174 small
IMG 5176 small

Overall, matches continue to run very well with no cold lines or malfunctioning targets.    Thanks to Terry Vanpool who helped measure all the target distances and setup the match on Friday, and finally to everyone who joined us at the match, helped run the strings in the morning, and finally helped take down the course afterwards. Your help is really appreciated since it usually takes about 4 hours to get the match all setup for Saturday.

At the end of the match, we turned in our score cards and tallied the scores. Mike Vredenburg in Open PCP with his Daystate Grand Prix bested everyone for match high score 54/60, while Terry Vanpool was first in Hunter PCP with a score of 51/60.  Paul Kocurek finished 2ndin Hunter PCP with 50/60, and Faisal Khan was 3rdwith 45/50, besting Kevin Enzian based on offhand lane performance.  Jentry Powell finished 1stin Hunter Piston 40/60, besting Jim Clarke with 38/60 for 2ndand Eric Pianori with 35/60 for 3rd.  We had 3 Open PCP class shooters; Mike Vredenburg was 1stwith 54/60, Chris Simmons was 2ndwith 38/60 and Cliff Montgomery (Open PCP) with 28/60.  It’s nice to see some Open Class shooters!  Finally, we had 3 WFTF Piston shooters with Jeff Cloud with his Whiscombe topping the list at 41/60, followed by Bob Pacatte at 29/60.  View the full list of all competitors’ scores and equipment below.

For all of you that couldn’t make it out this time, you really missed a well-attended and competitive match with a bunch of great folks.  I’d like to invite any of you out to shoot and tryout field target even if you don’t own an air rifle, because we have some to loan you to shoot with.  Just let me know ahead of time and we can plan for you to shoot with someone experienced.  We’d love to have you join us.  We will have our next match next year the 4th Saturday in February (22nd).

See you at the next match,

Jeff Cloud

Field Target Match Director

Arlington Sportsman’s Club

Match Scores

January 2020 ASC FT Results
IMG 5185 small
IMG 5186 small
IMG 5181 small
IMG 5184 small
IMG 5178 small

ReplyQuote