FT and Airgun Swap ...

Notifications

FT and Airgun Swap Meet- Oct. 20th, Concord, Ca  

RSS

Pistoleer
( @pistoleer )
2019-10-14 14:12:36  

Oct 20th, plan on coming out for a slightly shorter FT match at the Diablo Rod & Gun Club meet. We're looking at doing 48-ish targets, located within the United Sportsman Range in Concord.
Special one time reduced match fee!
8:30 am for setup, 9:00 am start. First 7 shooters warm up in the long bay, Bay 1, so come early and stake your claim!

Sight in starts after the safety briefing, please keep guns cased until the range is open for practice. Practice is immediately after the safety briefing.

20 ft lbs limit, .22 cal and under, $5 for Diablo members, and $10 for guests.

Youth 18 and under shoot for free, but need an adult supervisor.

At 1:00 pm, we'll host a no charge Swap meet in the Hunter Ed Building.
NO Charge to enter, the range will be open to try and ride if you find that airgun of your dreams.

No uncased air guns until examined by a Diablo RSO- No powder burner/ Firearm sales. All guns must be cased when exiting your vehicle and entering the Action Pistol Range.
Come out and take a look, there could be something you may find interesting!

Pistoleer
( @pistoleer )
2019-10-20 22:43:32  

22 Shooters, great weather, 52 targets, dropped my brand new rifle on the concrete- one for the ages!

Scores- great!  Swap- Swell!  Volunteers!?!? You betcha!  Dave and Steve and Jim Poh and Son Lu and Gabe and... I think I'd have to mention everyone by name that showed up today.       Jim Poh is an artist, gave us his interpretation of metal plate animals, and would have impressed Banksy with his painting.

Thank you guys, very much- things moved and happened like we do this every day instead of once a month.

THANK YOU!!!!

52 Possible (well, 50  if you discount the illegal target at 35 yards that Gabe put up on Mount Olympus 😆   )

SCORE

gokidd thanked
ReplyQuote
Pistoleer
( @pistoleer )
2019-10-20 22:52:24  

MATCH

SWAP MEET

ReplyQuote
Motorhead
( @motorhead )
Member of Trade
2019-10-20 23:12:47  

My bad ... That lane 11 target on the hill was my doing .. was walking it out on the flat inside 30 or so yards and yes Gabriel starts yelling ON THE HILL on the hill .. yea up there !!

So we did and thus illegal or not ( Club fun match after all ) everyone shot at it which WAS a challenge for sure.  IIRC ranged it at @ 39/40  and thinking it was 3/4"

Had a conversation with Dana W on what two targets he had missed and OURS were the same two .. 1 each on Lane 11 hill target and 1 each in offhand.

Remove that #11 hill target making 50 shots ... 49/50 works too... better % average ... Lol

Great day with like minded individuals  ... What excellent weather !

Hope to see a lot of the same faces THIS coming Sunday in YOLO for SVFTC's Shooter appreciation & raffle match.

Scott S

gokidd thanked
ReplyQuote
Pistoleer
( @pistoleer )
2019-10-21 23:02:03  

That was one devious target- used to love that little hill, but its ruined me for life!

Everyone and their mother should come out to the Sac meet, such a grand time. I'll be out chasing Bambi, but thinking about how much fun you'll be having.

Bringing the Crown out to camp, maybe run a 1 rifle FT match of my own that dsy. 

ReplyQuote