Notifications

EFTCC FINAL MATCH! 11-10-2019  

RSS

Ray Apelles
( @ateamray )
2019-10-21 23:50:35  

We have been running EFTCC FT matches now for 20 years and with our moving this will now be the final match for EFTCC. 

THE 2019 New York State FT Championship will be held on November 10th at the EFTCC home range (DCPA) .  This will be the 2019 New York State championship and our last match run by Hans and I.

We are still moving and are selling off a lot of Crosman pellets. We will have approximately 12 to 14 cases. Four boxes are in a case, each box is $10. You can pick your lot numbers as there are many cases with the same lot numbers. There are 7.9 and 10.5 grain Crosman premieres. Mostly 7.9 grains.

This will be a 50 to 60 shot match (weather dependent) with 8 classes/divisions: 

Open PCP, WFTF PCP, Hunter PCP, Open Piston, WFTF Piston, Hunter Piston, Pistol, and Junior Classes (Unlimited Shooters will shoot in the open division either Piston or PCP class). 

Diane will be cooking lunch for us as she has in the past. Not sure what she has planned but you know it's going to be good.i

If anyone needs a loaner gun contact us at least a day before so we can make sure we have something for you. 

We will be sighting in on range 4 where the match is being held so come straight up to range 4 to register when you get there. 

The course is not planned yet. But you won't find many small killzone's on the course. And if there are any they will be at very close distances. I will use as many full-size killzone's as I can possibly fit on the course. 

Scoring for the Pistol Class will be as follows: 2 points for a knocked down target, 1 point for a hit on metal, and 0 points for a complete miss. All other classes score 1 point for a knocked down target and 0 points for everything else. We will be following the AAFTA rules. 

Sight in lanes will open at 8:30AM, and the match will start at 10AM. Entry fee will be $10 for Adults and $5 for Shooters that are 16 y/o and under and $5 for the Second Class shot. Yes that is right you can shoot 2 classes during the match but you must use 2 different guns and you must shoot the harder class first. Order of classes to be shot is Hunter, Pistol, Standing, Piston, Open/PCP/WFTF/Unlimited with no exceptions. Juniors can not shoot 2 classes. 

Unfortunately our website is down so here is the address for your GPS's: 

Dutchess County Pistol Association, 

47 St. Nicholas Road, 

Wappingers Falls, NY 12590. 

And Coordinates: N41.61591 W73.88460 

Previous match photos, results and announcements and maps to the range:  http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/eftcc/library/

If anyone is interested in joining us for breakfast we eat at the Perkins at 7am that is on route 9 near the range (1576 U.S. 9, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590). 

Johninma
( @johninma )
2019-10-22 09:06:22  

It's been said before but this is a match Not to miss. I'll be there and pushing for others to come as well. I hope you don't mind Ray but I'll be linking this on other forums and FB.

ReplyQuote
Breeze
( @breeze )
2019-10-22 15:12:40  

The end of an era! And I have enjoyed every shoot, even the cold weather ones. Hope all goes well, unfortunately it's a 10 hour drive each way for me.

Regards

Dave Bingham

ReplyQuote
Ray Apelles
( @ateamray )
2019-10-22 20:28:57  

Please link away John. I'd like to this to be a really big match for the last one. Also going to make this a real fun one and try to ease up on the difficulty a bit. So our usual policy of if you clean the course you get the next one for free oh, well there is no next one. But I assure you the course will be cleanable.

I also received today the awards from Bob Zimmerman. So everything is going according to plan.

ReplyQuote
MattJP
( @mattjp )
2019-11-07 14:37:56  

@ateamray

We in the NE region owe you so much, Ray! I'm coming down for the match, and I plan to try to meet up for breakfast at the Perkins. I believe Jay Hannon will also be coming up from PA. I hope it will be a good turn out, and it will be fun to celebrate. Thank you!

Matt B.

ReplyQuote
Ray Apelles
( @ateamray )
2019-11-07 15:25:03  

Diane is cooking three pork butts for pulled pork, making macaroni and cheese, and she's going to have chicken wings also along with the celebration cake. Bring your appetite. Matches all planned out for a really fun time and high scores by everyone. Expecting a lot of shoot off necessary from this course layout.

gonzav thanked
ReplyQuote
bvan62
( @bvan62 )
2019-11-07 18:03:58  

appetite?! Better write that down so I don’t forget to bring it!  Will see you at breakfast Ray.

ReplyQuote
glr59
( @glr59 )
2019-11-08 17:51:10  

@ateamray

I've decided since I started  here with a springer and I will end it with a springer. Anyone else?????

Jerry L.

ReplyQuote
Hector J Medina G
( @hector-j-medina-g )
Member of Trade
2019-11-08 18:45:22  

I'm NOT shooting a PCP just because of the occasion! LOL!

And I doubt Matt B and Jay H are, neither.

So, Springer's should be abundant.

🤣

ReplyQuote
Ray Apelles
( @ateamray )
2019-11-08 18:47:36  

I am shooting my hw30 with Bushnell 8 to 32 scope

ReplyQuote
Shutik
( @shutik )
2019-11-09 10:34:02  

I plan on being there. Will finish this year with PCP, but next year it will be Springer time 😉 

ReplyQuote
Bill Day
( @bill-day )
2019-11-09 13:07:35  

@ateamray

Ray, My wife and I are planning to get up early and drive down. Looking forward to seeing you and your Dad before you move. Hope it is to a warmer place. 😎  Doreen is making her famous spinach dip and chips to bring down. See you tomorrow, Bill

ReplyQuote
Ray Apelles
( @ateamray )
2019-11-09 15:32:24  

Course is all set up and ready to go. 21 difficulty for the overall course, 26 yard average Target distance. Smallest 3 kill zones are one inch and they are all under 13 yards. Four 1 and 1/4 inch targets all under 15 yards . Everything else is inch and a half and even one from 1 and 3/4. Hardest Target difficulty is a 44. We should have an awful lot of high scores.

ReplyQuote
bvan62
( @bvan62 )
2019-11-09 17:16:20  

Late notice but I’ll be bringing a some items for sale. 

Looking forward to tomorrow’s match.

Brian

ReplyQuote
Hector J Medina G
( @hector-j-medina-g )
Member of Trade
2019-11-21 21:03:26  

Match report here:

https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/the-2019-new-york-state-championship  

Apologies for the delay in posting this.

Hope you enjoy!

HM

ReplyQuote