ASC FT Match Saturd...

Notifications
Clear all

ASC FT Match Saturday June 26, 2021 + Match Report

Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
Topic starter  
Good evening everyone,
This is a reminder that the May Field Target match at ASC will be this coming Saturday May 22, 2021 as usual on the 4th Saturday of the month.  The weather is supposed to be rainy all week, with a 30% chance of light rain on Saturday.  I will be keeping an eye on the weather forecast, and if it continues to look bad or gets worse, I will send out an email on Friday morning notifying everyone that the match is cancelled.  We will shoot in light rain or sprinkles, so bring your rain jacket and boots.

We continue to see a resurgence in attendance that rivals our pre-Covid levels.   I encourage all of you who haven’t been out in a while to come and join us in our next socially distanced event this weekend.  As per our recent FT matches, we will follow COVID guidelines for this match, so please adhere to these if you wish to participate:
  • Follow social distancing guidelines from Tarrant County and the State of Texas before, during and after shooting.
  • You may wear a mask, but that is not a requirement.

This match will be 56 shots using 3 targets per lane. There will be 2 forced position (kneeling and standing) lanes.  I anticipate that the Troyer will be about 30-31, so a little more difficult than last time.

The start time will be 9:30am
Gates will open at 7:30 for sight in and sign up.
Safety meeting at 9:15. Rifle match to start at 9:30am.
All rifles must be in a case or rifle carrier when moving between lanes.
Please note that it is a club rule that all shooters wear appropriate EYE protection. We don't have extras so remember to bring your own.

ASC Members $5, non-Members $10
Arlington Sportsman’s Club is located at: 11500 County Road525, Mansfield, TX 76063(Also called Lillian Road)

Jeff Cloud

FT Match Director
jeff-cloud@utexas.edu
817-360-0611

Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
Topic starter  

Good evening everyone,

This is a reminder that the June Field Target match at ASC will be next Saturday June 26, 2021 as usual on the 4th Saturday of the month.   As per our recent FT matches, we will follow COVID guidelines for this match, so please adhere to these if you wish to participate:

• Follow social distancing guidelines from Tarrant County and the State of Texas before, during and after shooting.
  • You may wear a mask, but that is not a requirement.

This match will be 56 shots using 3 targets per lane. There will be 2 forced position (kneeling and standing) lanes.  I anticipate that the Troyer will be about 30-31 again.  I will not be in attendance, so Terry Vanpool will be the Match Director with some help from Chris Simmons most likely.  I’ll setup everything on Friday.

The start time will be 9:30am

Gates will open at 7:30 for sight in and sign up.
Safety meeting at 9:15. Rifle match to start at 9:30am.
All rifles must be in a case or rifle carrier when moving between lanes.
Please note that it is a club rule that all shooters wear appropriate EYE protection. We don't have extras so remember to bring your own.

ASC Members $5, non-Members $10

Arlington Sportsman’s Club is located at: 11500 County Road525, Mansfield, TX 76063(Also called Lillian Road)

ReplyQuote
Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
Topic starter  

FT Match Report Arlington Sportsman’s Club 06/26/2021

Guest match report by Chris this month since I was unable to attend.

Twelve brave competitors came to challenge the heat for the June Field Target Match.  Luckily, the high had only reached 91F by the time the match was over the and targets were put away.  Kudo’s to Jeff for designing and setting up a great course.  Numerous comments regarding the balance of challenging and difficult shots.  Great praise for not having to shift position to be able to see all of the targets on the lane. (I am not a devious Match Director ALL the time – Jeff) Once again, Terry painted the targets and checked them for proper operation.  This course was 10 lanes with 56 shots.  The average Troyer this month was 30.1, SD 5.10, Avg Dist 30.4 yds, and Avg KZ 1.07”.

David Alsup was the high overall of the day with score of 52.  After the match David provided some comments regarding his choice to shoot in the lower powered (12 foot pound) WFTF class noting better accuracy, better shot cycle and smoother overall reaction of the rifle.

Second high overall for the day was Mike V. turning in another spectacular performance and claiming 51 targets.

Hunter PCP was the most numerous and contested class for the day.  Faisal K. was the high overall with a 49.  Faisal was working on fine tuning his sons rifle and was happy with the performance of himself and the rifle.  C Simmons was second.  Rick C. came in third with a 46. (I believe Rick cleared most of the lanes but the forced positions tripped him up this match).

Great thanks to Terry V., Chris S., and Scott C. for help in the running the match and the putting away of the targets, etc.  Thanks for all the help guys. - Jeff

We will have our next match the 4th Saturday in July (24th) starting at 9:00am to beat the heat.

See you at the next match,

Jeff Cloud

Field Target Match Director

Arlington Sportsman’s Club

2021 07 11 19.10.18

ReplyQuote