Notifications
Clear all

ASC FT Match November 21 Mansfield TX + Match Report  

RSS

Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
Topic starter  

Hey all,

ASC will have our next FT match on Saturday November 21, 2020 (the 3rd Saturday of the month). This match will be 60 shots using 3 targets per lane. The start time will be 10:00am to allow time for it to warm up a little. The only reason I will cancel the match is if it is raining (drizzle doesn’t count).

As per our last match in October and other FT matches, we will follow COVID guidelines for this match, so please adhere to these if you wish to participate:
· Follow social distancing guidelines from Tarrant County and the State of Texas before, during and after shooting.
· We prefer that you wear a mask while at the range, if not for your protection then to protect others.
· I have a bottle of hand sanitizer, but please bring your own just in case.
· We will have one shooter per lane unless more than 15 show up, and then we will have 2 shooters per lane. You will be on your honor to record your scores appropriately if shooting solo. Maintain distance while shooting and scoring.
· No water or snacks or lunch will be provided, bring your own.

Gates will open at 7:30 for sight in and sign up.
Safety meeting at 9:45.Rifle match to start at 10:00.
All rifles must be in a case or rifle carrier when moving between lanes.
Please note that it is a club rule that all shooters wear appropriate EYE protection. We don't have extras so remember to bring your own.

ASC Members $5, non-Members $10

Arlington Sportsman’s Club is located at: 11500 County Road 525, Mansfield, TX 76063(Also called Lillian Road)

Jeff Cloud

ASC FT Match Director

jeff-cloud@utexas.edu

Cloud9AG
(@cloud9ag)
Topic starter  

This was our next to last match for 2020.We had to move it forward one week as is the tradition, because the normal 4thSaturday match schedule falls just after Thanksgiving.Based on feedback from last month, I turned up the Troyer rating for this match to challenge the shooters a little bit.Terry painted and organized the targets and then we spent part of Friday setting all of them out and arranging them in challenging positions for the shooters the next day.

There were 8 lucky shooters at the match on Saturday morning, and it was I must say a perfect fall day in Texas with temps in the 70’s.This match used all 10 of the lanes in our wooded 3D archery course with 3 targets per lane including the offhand and kneeling lanes.The average Troyer was 32.2, SD 6.87, Avg Dist 29.8 yds, and Avg KZ 1.03”.Terry and I placed many targets in locations that required the shooter to fire through and between trees, under and through dark branches and barrels, and also required them to relocate their seating position to shoot at all 3 targets on a lane.To get to 32 Troyer, I chose to use many targets with small KZ’s rather than longer distances, but I did put a kneeling target out at 43 yards just to be devious.

At the end of the match, I finished with the match high score of 56/60 in WFTF PCP.Faisal Khan finished 1st in Hunter PCP with a 54/60, besting Terry Vanpool who was oh so close with a 53/60 and Paul Kocurek with a 49/60.Eric Pianori finished 1st in Hunter Piston with a 37/90 and Scott Cotton finished 2nd with a 27/60.Vance Lowe finished 1st in Open PCP with 52/60 and Cliff Montgomery finished 2nd with a 41/60. View the full list of all competitors’ scores and equipment below.

Once again, for all of you that couldn’t make it out this time, I want you to know that we maintain social distancing while shooting and take other precautions to keep everyone safe.If there is anything missing or something that could be improved for an upcoming match, please let me know.I’d like to invite any of you reading this out to shoot and try field target even if you don’t own an air rifle, because we have some to loan you to shoot with.Just let me know ahead of time and we can plan for you to shoot with someone experienced.We’d love to have you join us.We will have our next match the 3rd Saturday in December (19th) instead of the normal 4th Saturday due to Christmas.

See you at the next match,

Jeff Cloud

Field Target Match Director

Arlington Sportsman’s Club

2020 11 21 Results

ReplyQuote