AOM hosting the sch...

Notifications
Clear all

AOM hosting the scheduled FT 56 shot match Saturday June 19th + Match Report

Bill Day
(@bill-day)
Topic starter  

All AFFTA classes will be offered as well as a Novice class. Water and Air will be available on course. Registration starts at 8:15am and practice range will open at 8:30am. Safety meeting at 9:30 and match starts directly after... Weather permitting! Reg Fee is $10 and expect all to be on their way home no later than 1PM. All shooters will be required to sign a waiver of liability. 

Come test your skills and have fun.

Bill Day
(@bill-day)
Topic starter  

7 wooded lanes,  4 targets per lane with distances of 10 to 55 yards on each lane with 56 shots total. We have 10 lanes available but 7 is easier to manage.  Lanes have a minimum of 45 feet between them so no congestion. Good combination of sitting, standing , and Tree shots. Cold bottled water on course and it  is well shaded from shooting positions.  Air tank available on course.  Troyers average 30 to 38T without wind. Targets mostly Dick Ottens with a few Porches, Pounded Paddle, and modified Gamo’s.  Usually food included after match. Bathroom available in Pool shed near practice range.

First shoot this year Saturday June 19th. Registration and practice range opens at 8:30 am and match will start at 09:30 after safety meeting.  So far weather looks good but if heavy rain is forcasted  we will most likely will call off the match. Stay tuned to  Airgun Warriors FT forum or Airgun Nation for cancelations by Friday 6pm before the match.  It will be posted based on the best forecast  at that time. Match usually lasts two to three hours so would expect everyone to be headed home by 1 -2pm. 

Match results will be posted on the fore mentioned forums. 

Match is at 404 Plains Road,  Hollis Center,  Maine  04042  207-727-5207 (Directly across from Fire Barn)

Match fees are $10 for the 56 target  FT match and $5 for the novice 28 shot class. We mirror AFFTA rules and classes depending on your equipment setup. No airguns shooting over 20 ft lbs will be allowed on the course due to potential target damage. Buckets and Bipods available for novice class

ReplyQuote
JohntheBeard
(@john-in-ma)

I'll be there.

ReplyQuote
Bill Day
(@bill-day)
Topic starter  

@john-in-ma 

John, Looking forward to seeing you again and attending the  venue of your FT roots. 😉 

ReplyQuote
JohntheBeard
(@john-in-ma)

I'll do my best not to break a target. I already got one in for the year last weekend.

ReplyQuote
Bill Day
(@bill-day)
Topic starter  

As of this AM the weather looks great! So the Match is on! How quick the weather can change. Latest Forecast call for possibly showers between 6pm and 9:30 am. I'm not sure what is going to happen but I will say this. Over all the matches we have held in the last 15 years we have never had a bad rain storm. The weather has always been great. Knock on wood but we have plenty of places to wait the weather out if needed so the match is still a GO!  Looking forward to seeing all that want to show up! 

ReplyQuote
Bill Day
(@bill-day)
Topic starter  

The rain came early Saturday Morning as the Weather man predicted. Well before the match started the sun was out and we had 10 shooters ready to begin about 09:30am. The course troyer ran about 34T and very few targets needed to be considered for the mild wind most of the match. Two of our Novice shooters were from our North Berwick Club and did not show up with much understanding of how to set up a rifle to shoot field target. They only shot 28 Targets today. They both had a good time and vowed to be back with some mods to their equipment. They both went home with a new FT Target to practice on. 

After the match we all ate lunch together and had a few laughs.  We Thank all the shooters that drove from 2 to 4 hours to shoot our 56 target course. Special shout out to Leo who is smoking with his piston gun this year. I think he will do very well in world competition when he gets the chance.  Happy Fathers Day Everyone! 

Special Thanks to my wife Doreen for all the help with the food and helping with registration.

Below is the results of the Juneteenth Results

Hunter PCP

1. Bill Day 48  Match Director / Designer

2. Ron Carter 27

Unlimited

Len Sawyer  24

WFTF Piston

1. Leo Gonzales  45

2. Matt Sawyer  37

WFTF PCP

1. John Eroh   44

Novice