Notifications
Clear all

2020 Nevada State Championships June 12, 13 & 14 Hosted by N.A.G.  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

JimW
 JimW
(@jimw)
January 29, 2020 19:25:35  

2020 Nevada State Championships June 12, 13 & 14

Save the dates!!

Come and enjoy the beautiful Shoshone Range at the Square M Ranch located just south of Battle Mountain, Nevada.  Last year the weather was spectacular and we are hoping that the month of June will not disappoint once again (July is a little warm).

It will be a challenging course, definitely not as difficult as last year's day one but more like the years prior.  You'll need wind data (we have requested a max wind speed of 10mph, we'll see if our request is approved) and be sure dust off your upslope and downslope data as well, there will be shots at 30 degrees that feel like 45...

Registration, event info, course info and other tidbits will be added in the following weeks.  Lunches on Saturday and Sunday will be provided, we will also have the portable bathroom on hand as we have had for the last couple of years.

Please post up opinions regarding having the pistol match on Friday or Saturday after the rifle match.  Having it on a Friday means people need to arrive a little earlier to compete.  Holding it on Saturday is tough because everyone is beat after the first day of the rifle match.  Since GP pistol points are desirable to some competitors we would like to have the pistol competitors input on the event date scheduling...

Thank you AAFTA FT competitors!! 

As they say in Battle Mountain, "Are you tough enough?"!!

gokidd thanked
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
January 31, 2020 17:26:24  

I think our club would prefer a Friday afternoon Pistol shoot.  We plan on coming in late Thursday evening.
After a rifle match at that place and then some food... one is totally done for the day!

Wayne Burns

Air Gun Oregon

ReplyQuote
JimW
 JimW
(@jimw)
May 12, 2020 21:28:02  

Registration form.

For those that are going to make it, please post up to confirm and send in the registration form as you like (there are three different ways noted on the form).   Feel free to post up with questions.

I have been working on the course layout with an eye to making it challenging but not insanely difficult.  The weather out there has been epic recently and we are hoping to ride that wave of 80 degrees days into June.

Be well, be safe, see you in Battle Mountain!

NEVADA 2020 REG FORM

ReplyQuote
Jim Cyran
(@jim-cyran)
May 16, 2020 21:38:57  

Scott and I will be attending!  This is a one of a kind FT match, unlike any other match you will find anywhere in the USA, it should be on the bucket list of every serious FT shooter. Just remember the the match motto "Are You Tough Enough!" 😱

Jim in Sacramento 

JimW thanked
ReplyQuote
Motorhead
(@motorhead)
Member of Trade
May 17, 2020 01:20:33  

Will get my entry filled out. likely pay when arriving on site.

Simply can't afford a No Refund if match does not happen.

Jim c and I likely to make it out a few days early to help set up etc ...

Scott S

JimW thanked
ReplyQuote
JimW
 JimW
(@jimw)
May 27, 2020 14:01:17  

We would only not offer a refund if the competitor dropped out, if we cancelled the event we would refund everyone's fees.

Did a pre-course build scouting mission this last weekend to double check a few things and test some target mounting ideas.  A coupel new lanes were cleared throiugh the woodsy areas and we cleared a legit sight-in range as well.

If you guys make it out early to help you'll be heaped with praise and showered with gifts....well maybe the first one... lol  You guys were awesome last year and I think we have streamlined the setup process some to help reduce the effort involved.  Always appreciate any help you guys can give, same goes for the Ashland crew, could not have done it without everyone last year!!

ReplyQuote
JIKnapp
(@jiknapp)
May 28, 2020 23:14:02  

Scott H. Vince P. and I will be joining you at the Nevada State. Looking forward to the strange winds, challenging targets and a great bunch of competitors.

Thanks for all your hard work on making this match one to remember. Now about those winds....

John K - CASA

ReplyQuote
JimW
 JimW
(@jimw)
May 29, 2020 18:37:50  

List of people who are planning on attending:

1.  Wayne B.

2.  Randy E.

3.  Jim C.

4.  Scott S.

5.  John K.

6.  Vince P.

7.  Scott H.

8.  Mike N.

9.  Dana W.

10.  Chris M.

11.  Jim W.

12.  Larry P.

13.  Pat C.

14.  Cameron K.

15.  John (inMA).

16.  Bob K. ???

We have made it work every year so far, let's do it one more time!!

ReplyQuote
Irish01
(@irish01)
May 31, 2020 16:21:36  

Pat Callihan  have you fix the road for you can get a car up the canyon or Larry‘s van from Air Guns Of Arizona just curious

JimW thanked
ReplyQuote
Irish01
(@irish01)
June 1, 2020 13:07:34  

Pat Callihan from vegas and Larry piercy from airgun AZ. As of right now We will be there Friday afternoon will pay then if it’s OK

JimW thanked
ReplyQuote
Johninma
(@johninma)
June 1, 2020 14:55:31  

You can count me in. I'll get the registration filled out after work and pay upon arrival. 

John Eroh 

JimW thanked
ReplyQuote
JimW
 JimW
(@jimw)
June 1, 2020 17:20:22  

Pat & Larry,

Road is good, I have a Ford Transit Connect LWB micro van (about 6" of ground clearance and quite a bit of front overhang) and I can make it up to both campsites if I do my part (two spots where you need to approach the crossing at a slight angle).  The road is a little better than last year, the creek is not running at the crossings and from what I can tell it hardly ran out the canyon at all this winter (not erosion at the crossings at all).   Due to some work the Tamaras did on the collector the road is slightly smoother than last year (they drove a giant tracked backhoe up the entire canyon road).  Cameron made it up in his VW Jetta when the road was in worse condition and is planning on making it again this year in the same car...

John, you are in for a treat!!  Thanks for the heads up.

It looks like if everyone who has said they will make it, makes it, we will count again as an AAFTA GP!!  You guys are the best! 😉

Let's see if this map attaches....  Improved the map a little for this year, shows the entire route from BM to the canyon over a map, terrain and satellite image.

MAP 2
MAP 3
MAP 1

ReplyQuote
Johninma
(@johninma)
June 1, 2020 21:10:02  

My flight is booked. I'll be there in time for the pistol match too. Anyone willing to share? Even better would be a pistol with irons or a red dot.

JimW thanked
ReplyQuote
Motorhead
(@motorhead)
Member of Trade
June 1, 2020 21:18:14  
Posted by: @johninma

My flight is booked. I'll be there in time for the pistol match too. Anyone willing to share? Even better would be a pistol with irons or a red dot.

Looking forward to meeting you John.

While i shoot PISTOL ( hunter) Scoped and doped.  You have no chance & likely hit very few IN PFT with a Red dot or irons.

Scott S

ReplyQuote
Motorhead
(@motorhead)
Member of Trade
June 1, 2020 21:22:06  
Posted by: @jimw

List of people who are planning on attending:

1.  Wayne B.

2.  Randy E.

3.  Jim C.

4.  Scott S.

5.  John K.

6.  Vince P.

7.  Scott H.

8.  Mike N.

9.  Dana W.

10.  Chris M.

11.  Jim W.

12.  Larry P.

13.  Pat C.

14.  Cameron K.

15.  John (inMA).

16.  Bob K. ???

We have made it work every year so far, let's do it one more time!!

Bob has told us ( SVFTC ) he was done with FT and was even questioning us selling his gear. at the time we talked him down in doing that, but likely Bob K at minimal done for the 2020 season.

JimW thanked
ReplyQuote
Kerndtc
(@kerndtc)
June 2, 2020 01:51:36  

John, what's up buddy! Get ready for a fun venue. 

I have four FT pistols. I'll be bringing two or three. You are more than welcome to use any of my spares. I have a custom Bottled 2400kt w/ LW and prod trigger upgrade, an airmax pistol with an EV2 barrel that is dead accurate. Probably the best bet since it has been proven in pistol FT. 

What airport are you flying into?

ReplyQuote
JimW
 JimW
(@jimw)
June 2, 2020 19:54:31  

Bob is out, I emailed him and he replied.  Lonnie may make it and we might have one other SoCal shooter.  That SoCal shooter is looking to carpool if anyone has room.

If you want to see what the current weather is out there (image updated every minute) here is the Mt. Lewis webcam link.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/blmnv/?camera=Axis-Lewis2

The camera points north, Horse Canyon is directly to the west of that camera (Horse Canyon winds up to the top of Mt. Lewis).  If you do the time lapse  and see a lot of little black dots moving around, those are the mormon crickets!!

Awards should be here Friday. PortaPotties and wash station being ordered today.

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
June 2, 2020 21:23:27  
Posted by: @johninma

Hi John,

So glad you can make it! 

We'll bring a couple extra 1720Ts with scopes all dialed in for your use if you choose.

You might make a few of the closer targets with iron sights or a red dot, but there usually aren't that many close ones.. We usually set a pretty tough pistol course for this crew... but that's up to you!

See ya there all!

Wayne

ReplyQuote
Ajp
 Ajp
(@ajp)
June 3, 2020 21:29:02  

Sign me up.

Thanks

Al Padilla

JimW thanked
ReplyQuote
Motorhead
(@motorhead)
Member of Trade
June 4, 2020 01:23:41  

We're all glad to have you shoot with us Al .... CYA in Horse Canyon !!

Scott S

ReplyQuote
Kerndtc
(@kerndtc)
June 4, 2020 02:08:23  

Am I the only crazy Piston shooter?

ReplyQuote
Jim Cyran
(@jim-cyran)
June 4, 2020 10:25:02  
Posted by: @kerndtc

That's an oxymoron! Get the Steyr out and shoot with the big boys. Shooting WFTF in the canyon is only a small step less crazy than shooting a piston rifle. You can finally shoot the rifle rather than tinker with it ad infinitum 🤣 

Jim in Sacramento

ReplyQuote
Kerndtc
(@kerndtc)
June 4, 2020 12:43:24  

Not amazing by any means, but at least I'm getting some practice in!

10 shots at 55 yards at 10pm last night. My Steyr will be almost half that size, but what's the fun in that?!

20200603 223342

ReplyQuote
Motorhead
(@motorhead)
Member of Trade
June 4, 2020 13:10:32  

Crazy .. not even

Piston shooter .. one of a few and like Jims eludes too, wish to have competition and earn the title of Horse Canyons TOP DAWG ... come shoot in a PCP class were you will be challenged and weighed accordingly.

Tho your Cameron .. you do what you do well, so if it's Piston so be it !!  Your there with us doing what we love & that is what matters most.

Scott S

ReplyQuote
Kerndtc
(@kerndtc)
June 4, 2020 16:21:52  

I'll try to keep up with you guys! I'm content competing against myself, the course and the big boys. It's always fun nipping at the heels of you PCP guys!

Maybe I'll wipe it the dust off my Steyr and bring it incase I change my mind. 

ReplyQuote
Jim Cyran
(@jim-cyran)
June 4, 2020 16:56:37  

I'll try to keep up with you guys! I'm content competing against myself, the course and the big boys. It's always fun nipping at the heels of you PCP guys!

Well, I tried. I hate getting beat by a piston shooter 😪 

Jim in Sacramento

ReplyQuote
Irish01
(@irish01)
June 5, 2020 16:55:05  

another friend of mine will  coming Adam B Will be paying and signing up the same day we do

JimW thanked
ReplyQuote
JimW
 JimW
(@jimw)
June 5, 2020 17:50:48  

Thanks for the heads up, look forward to meeting seeing some new (and the usual) faces out there this year!

ReplyQuote
Irish01
(@irish01)
June 6, 2020 02:30:19  

@jimw  This is Pat Callihan SoCal shooter that needs a ride if you get to Vegas by 5 AM Friday you’re more than welcome to ride up with me

ReplyQuote
rj222
(@rj222)
June 7, 2020 01:18:49  

@jimw

jim,

had a opening , I intend to shoot the 2020 match

PCP OPEN or Piston ??

RON JOBBES    FROM CASA   COMING STAG FROM LA

ronjobbes@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2