CANCELLED: 2020 AAF...

Notifications
Clear all

CANCELLED: 2020 AAFTA FT Championships hosted by AARR in Morro Bay CA

Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

Ashland Air Rifle Range is proud and honored to host the 2020 AAFTA National Field Target Championships.  We had planned to host the event here in Ashland, but a last minute event created some troubles with our lease, so with the uncertainty about who really makes the decisions about leases on the ranch, I decided to ask Scott Hull if we could host the event at Morro Bay.

I then was lucky to enlist all the other west coast match directors to help as marshals and support staff.  We want to offer a top notch 2020 AAFTA National Championships for “ya all”.

The tentative date is mid Oct 2020.  The weather is perfect in Morro Bay year round, but fall is very nice indeed with lows in the 50s at most and highs around 75 or 80.  The humidity is just right.  And the motel rates drop a lot from Sept.  It should be easy to book and I will try to set up a discount at a good motel with a great restaurant close by.  I already have some great candidates.

There are some tricky winds to deal with and the courses will be mostly flat compared to our very tricky winds and steep up and down hill lanes we have here in Ashland.  But, someday I promise, I will challenge you with a Nationals here in Ashland.  But for now we will do our best with the great venue at Morro Bay.

We are working on our revamped website still, but we should have online registration ready in a couple months.  Until then you can email me with any questions or concerns at wayne at airgunoregon dot com (of course no spaces and change the at and dot.

Blessings,

Wayne Burns,

Ashland Air Rifle Range

Bill Day
(@bill-day)

Wayne, Pleased to see you get another chance at the 2020 Nationals in Morro Bay which has been on my favorite places to want to shoot. Looking forward to the opening of your registration.

ReplyQuote
TerryE1
(@terrye1)

Glad to hear this, Wayne. Kinda early to mention this, but I hope the date doesn't coincide with the same weekend as the Extreme Bench Rest competition. There are those of us who would like to attend both. Just sayin'.

ReplyQuote
tom2009
(@tom2009)

Wayne or Scott if you could let me know what the best Airport is  to get to the match,  the ones I was thing about was LAX  its about a 3 hour drive or Los Vegas is about a 6 hours is there a better choice. I know its very early but I would like to start planning

ReplyQuote
Knobs
(@knobs)

@tom2009

I'd look at flying into Santa Barbara. It's a little under two hours drive.

LAX and San Jose(SJC) are 3 1/2  hours. Fresno is about 2 hours 45 minutes.

K

ReplyQuote
Scotchmo
(@scotchmo)

Posted by: @terrye1

Glad to hear this, Wayne. Kinda early to mention this, but I hope the date doesn't coincide with the same weekend as the Extreme Bench Rest competition. There are those of us who would like to attend both. Just sayin'.

Dates are being reserved for the 2020 AAFTA Nationals. October 16-18, but not official yet.

When is the 2020 EBR?

ReplyQuote
Scotchmo
(@scotchmo)

Posted by: @tom2009

Wayne or Scott if you could let me know what the best Airport is  to get to the match,  the ones I was thing about was LAX  its about a 3 hour drive or Los Vegas is about a 6 hours is there a better choice. I know its very early but I would like to start planning

San Jose is often easier access.

San Luis Obispo has a regional airport with West coast flights and direct flights as far east as Denver, Phoenix, Dallas/FT Worth - I believe.

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

It can be a nice drive down 101, if timed right south of town, for traffic, from San Jose to San Luis Obispo/Morro Bay.  If you hit traffic, it can take twice as long out of LA.  Santa Barbara is above most of it like Knobs said.  But San Luis Obispo is next door if you can connect from those links like Denver, like Scott said.  don't forget I'll work on a discount for lodging for you folks.  Booking in Oct should not be as much of a problem as Sept would be.

Working on the website registration on our new site.  Hope to make the 30 day projection.  60 days on the outside.  Still no final approval from the BoG for that Oct 16th -18th date as yet.

I'll keep you posted.

Wayne

ReplyQuote
therealld
(@therealld)

@scotchmo

Wow,

Great NEWS!   Looks like one I can get to by car ok, so health permitting, I'll be going for sure.  I'll need to shoot Hunter class,

since my regular (Western Freestyle) class won't be covered .... but at least I'll be shootin.

Seeya there,

LD

ReplyQuote
dmw6455
(@dmw)

@scotchmo

Agree with Scott.  San Jose is the best option for an international level airport.  The traffic from LA is terrible especially as you approach Santa Barbara.  I live in that area (silicon valley) and it is only a 3 hour 15 minute drive.

ReplyQuote
tom2009
(@tom2009)

Thanks for the information 

ReplyQuote
SDplinker
(@sdplinker)

Like Scott mentioned, direct flights available into SLO from SF, LA, Denver, Dallas and Seattle  .... Las Vegas coming in the fall, San Diego coming in Jan 2020 and Portland mid-year 2020.  

ReplyQuote
Mark.in.AZ
(@mark-in-az)

The dates posted above are over the third weekend of October.  That is the same weekend as our Founders Cup match at Airgunners of Arizona.

When will you know for sure what the approved dates will be?

Mark

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

@mark-in-az

Mark the choices we have for the Morro Bay Range are the Oct 16th - 18th or Sept 18th-20th.  Sept is not as good for motel rooms with the college starting up then.  Is your date in Oct hard to change?

Wayne

ReplyQuote
Mark.in.AZ
(@mark-in-az)

Posted by: @wayne-burns

@mark-in-az

Mark the choices we have for the Morro Bay Range are the Oct 16th - 18th or Sept 18th-20th.  Sept is not as good for motel rooms with the college starting up then.  Is your date in Oct hard to change?

Wayne

Wayne, the dates will remain the same.  We will just have some of our people shooting nationals, and others shooting the Founders Cup.  We have enough to do both.

Mark

ReplyQuote
Motorhead
(@motorhead)
Member of Trade

Having a Year to figure out the logistics, marshals and those in the 4 west coast clubs that will be in the team of individuals doing the work should be pretty awesome being we all know each other and been shooting the game enough years to make for one hell of a 2020 AAFTA Nationals !!

Sponsored by the ASHLAND group out of Oregon and helped in being successful by the 3 primary California clubs ..... Looks like we're off and running !!

Scott S

SVFTC

gokidd thanked
ReplyQuote
Bob D.
(@bob-d)

@mark-in-az

Wayne

Just my two cents, Wayne...

Please avoid any date in Sept.  If you look at the GP results for this year, you will see there were FIVE GP match weekends in September that will likely repeat in 2020, including the Rep.of TX GP the 2nd or 3rd weekend. 

Here in the midwest, we have only the Cajun's in LA, and Rep of TX in TX  available to post (two) GP scores within practical driving distance (for most), the third defaulting to Nationals in your neck of the woods.   If you pick Sept 18-20 for Nats (the traditional Rep. of TX weekend), that would make competing in the National Match pointless, as three GP scores would not be possible.  Can't be in two places at the same time, LOL.  Mid Oct would be great, IMO.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

@bob-d

Hi Bob,

Yes, I looked at the crowded schedule in Sept too.  Adding that to the higher motel rates and less availability of rooms in Sept.  Oct seemed best.  That's my first choice proposed to the BoG.  I hope they will agree, but as yet have not got a confirmation on the date.

Wayne

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

The date is secured! The AAFTA BoG has just given approval to our proposed date of Oct 16th for the pistol match and practice, and the 17th & 18th for the Rifle match.

I can now get serious on planning and trying to get a group discount for motel rates.  Do you want to pay a little more and be on the Bay front?  Really, let me know asap.

Here is a google map of the area with the course location.  If you zoom out from the course location, and go west to Morro Bay, and ask google for motels, you can see the choices I'm considering for you.. help me if you want.

Thanks,

Wayne

phepler and gokidd thanked
ReplyQuote
Motorhead
(@motorhead)
Member of Trade

Zoom out tho on the TOP map ... will we not be right next too CHORRO VALLEY REGULATORS as we have always been when shooting FT ?

Thanks for securing the date ... and AWAY we go .........................................................

ReplyQuote
Jacob W Sumner
(@jacob-sumner)

Super excited to shoot at a Nationals match!

From my understanding we will be shooting in the same area. But the awards and banquet will be held at the larger building.

If anyone has any updated info please correct me if I am wrong.

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

Our new website and registration page is getting close.  Should have it ready by the end of the month for sure.  If someone wants to register before then, send me an email for a form. 

wayne@airgunoregon.com

Wayne Burns

Match Director,

AAFTA 2020 National Field Target Championships

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

Our new site is live now... finally.  The registration page is here.

https://airgunoregon.com/competitive-matches/

you can register for the Nationals, or the Oregon State Championships, or the upcoming "Oak Creek Challenge"  May 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Check the site in awhile for dates of our local FT matches at Oak Alley and my ranch, and Extreme Bench Rest matches we'll be hosting also with our new arrangement with the Ashland Gun and Archery Club.

We are setting up parallel to the creek on the long flat area.  

Thanks Wayne

ReplyQuote
eeler1
(@eeler1)
Member of Trade

Nice website, Wayne.  Check your dates on the registration page for Morro Bay in October.   I'm still getting my schedule together and planning for Oak Creek in May.  July will be tough, though.

Jon

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

Thanks Jon, I'll have them fix that.  

And it also needs to make it clear that the "Campers Meal Package" is for breakfast and dinner BBQ.  The after match lunch is FREE as usual.

Wayne

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

Hotels near the site...

Now, that the website and registration is finally done, I've been focusing more on the Hotel issue.

I need to know if most of you want to be on the coast or inland in San Luis Obispo.  There are more rooms with two queen beds at the larger 4 to 5 star hotels.  A lot of the smaller lower price point hotel/motels can't usually handle 50 plus, so if that's the direction you want, there are some that are next door to each other like this one who is working with me to talk with the other two next door.  What do you think? morrobaybeachbungalow.com

The larger more expensive ones can handle the whole group, but we better book soon.. either way

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?aid=356929;label=metagha-link-mapresultsUS-hotel-429846_dev-desktop_los-3_bw-222_dow-Thursday_defdate-0_room-0_lang-en_curr-USD_gstadt-2_rateid-0_aud-0_cid-_gacid-6623578701_mcid-10;sid=3d96b5a189a5218451c6593e8222c378;checkin=2020-10-15;checkout=2020-10-18;city=20014621;ext_price_total=597.57;highlighted_hotels=429846;hlrd=with_av;keep_landing=1;redirected=1;show_room=42984601_201273799_0_1_0;source=hotel&utm_campaign=US&utm_content=los-3_bw-222_dow-Thursday_lang-en_curr-USD_gstadt-2_rateid-0_aud-0_cid-_gacid-6623578701_mcid-10&utm_medium=mapresults&utm_source=metagha&utm_term=hotel-429846&

Wayne

ReplyQuote
tom2009
(@tom2009)

Hi Wayne 

is there any places in the $80.00 to 100.00 price range not to far from the range 1/2 hour to an 1 hour away

ReplyQuote
Scotchmo
(@scotchmo)

Posted by: @tom2009

Hi Wayne 

is there any places in the $80.00 to 100.00 price range not to far from the range 1/2 hour to an 1 hour away

There are lots of low cost options within an hours drive. Pismo Beach, Grover Beach, etc - $80+ range. If you want something close, then Morro Bay or San Luis Obispo, but costs are higher.

Motel 6 is about $100/day in Morro Bay for those dates, rooms still available:

Thusday, Oct 15 - $60
Friday, Oct 16 - $100
Saturday, Oct 17 - $140
Sunday, Oct 18 - $60

https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.ca.morro-bay.4.html

9 minutes from the range (6.6 miles)

Or San Luis Obispo might be a little lower price and 20 minutes away.

Spend more and there are more close options.

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

We are investigating ways to possibly host a limited AAFTA 2020 National FT Championships.

A thread below is considering some ideas for doing so.  Please join in with opinions. https://airgunwarriors.com/community/postid/37464/

Blessings,

Wayne

ReplyQuote
thomasair
(@thomasair)
Member of Trade

Hi Wayne,

What is the latest word on how this event is going to shape up?

Mike 

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

Hi Mike,

I'm talking with the AAFTA BoG.  I sent an email and haven't heard back as yet.  I think I'll send another one to follow up.

The general idea is to plan for about half the usual attendance, based on the estimate that a lot of folks won't want to travel by air or gather in large groups.

We also need to watch what the State of California will do over the next few months.  If cases climb after this "Opening Up" lately, then, they could be "Closing Down" by this Fall again.

One way or the other, we plan to host an event for about 50 competitors.  Which might have to be held in Southern Oregon instead, if CA gets shut down again.  Maybe a "West Coast Championships" if AAFTA can't get behind the Nationals this year.  .. stay tuned:-)

Wayne

ReplyQuote
Motorhead
(@motorhead)
Member of Trade

Wayne,

With all things BOG in recent years being how they have been ... Grrrrr      Without them being humble and majorly reducing there required kickback fees, allowing you to use LOCAL targets and not theirs it appears outside the Covid-19 issues .... it is going to be very difficult if not impossible to host a Nationals w/o the financial burden and deficits having to be absorbed / paid out by those that host it !!!   Not cool and not a practical business model for a AAFTA nationals in 2020.

We in the SVFTC are behind you simply making that time slot a FALL west coast championship and reschedule a Nationals event on the west coast in 2021 ... That's the wise thing to do with so much ciaos and uncertainty doing any and all public gatherings happening this 2020 season.

JMO,

Scott S 

ReplyQuote
thomasair
(@thomasair)
Member of Trade

I don’t understand how the board is involved in the event.  As far as I know , the board does not try to micro manage the hosting club in any way.  What is it that you hope to hear from the board that will help you get things planned?

People want to know if this thing is gonna happen or not.  

We are almost into July...when are you gonna make a decision on what you are doing?

Mike 

mrodmods thanked
ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

@thomasair

Hi Mike,  I feel your pain.  I'm trying....  Here is what I've got going...

Covid Plan for AAFTA 2020 National FT Championships

I’m sure some of you are wondering if we will be hosting the AAFTA National Championships this year.  We still plan to move forward with hosting the event as long as the state of California or Oregon doesn’t totally shut down again.

The plan is to set up another range if more than 50 plans to attend, 50 is the limit allowed on one range at a time under the current rules at the Morro Bay location.

I’ve heard from some folks that they are planning to come for sure if we can possibly host it.  And some have said they will wait until very close to the event to decide based on how the virus is doing at the time.

As much as that makes it hard for my planning and budgeting, I understand completely.  I don’t want the pain of having to return match fees either.  Speaking of which the plan would be to only return 90% of the match fee, allowing for the credit card charges and accounting/handling costs.

So, that means we should set up two full courses just in case a lot of folks are last minute attendees and we end up with more than 50. We could also split the groups into morning and afternoon sessions.  Those not shooting or in the camping area, would have to clear out until their session.  You would shoot morning one day and afternoon the next.  Not great if the wind is calmer on one afternoon than the other, but squading can help with that issue.  That part is still undecided.

The meals plan if allowed might be staggered, so that only a few are allowed in the dining room/kitchen area at a time.  This might also work well for the morning and afternoon session’s idea, because the kitchen is on another range 1/2 mile away.  Or we might have to just leave out the meals and banquet if we can’t meet safety standards at the time.

I’ll look into the possibility of doing the auction online as well as at the site, so those that want to can bid from anywhere, sitting in their car at the event, or in their man cave at home.  That’s just an idea at this point.

We have to also consider the possibility that California has a blow up of covid cases and they shut down again this fall before the event.

If that happens and Southern Oregon is still open, which it has a high chance of being open, since we have a very low number of cases now, then I would move the event to my home ranch course where we are hosting the Oregon St Championships July 17th – 19th 2020, and use the Corp ranch Oak Alley Courses for the second range if more than 50 were attending.  That was the original plan, but we moved it to Morro Bay, CA in the hopes of making it easier for more to attend.

I would suggest that potential attendees form groups of two to four of your friends that you are already exposing yourself to, and rent an RV that sleeps the group, and drive to the event and stay in the RV or split up your group with some staying in a hotel when you arrive.  There is quite a bit of parking for RVs at the site and some have water and power hook ups.  That way you don’t have to risk flying or cancel and re-book flights if the venue does have to change at the last minute.

Since there are many healthy folks walking around with the virus who don’t even know it, masks are highly recommended even though we will be trying hard to enforce the 6’ distancing rule.  But let’s face it, some folks don’t even believe it’s a problem and aren’t going to even try to stay 6’ away from others.  I will have our range officers enforcing this policy and require anyone not social distancing to start wearing a mask if for only the safety of others around them…. Or leave the event.

Masks are way more effective in keeping you from spreading it to someone else than protecting you from others.  So, if you plan to attend please be considerate of others, especially our older more vulnerable members.  You could be part of the 30% who get it and never know they had it or that they were infecting others without knowing it.  I’ll have some comfortable cotton, easy to put on and off masks available for all attending.

Hand sanitizing stations will also be all around.

Please let me know by email if you are even considering attending.

wayne@airgunoregon.com

Thanks and Blessings,

Wayne Burns,

Match Director,

AAFTA 2020 National Field Target Championships

ReplyQuote
thomasair
(@thomasair)
Member of Trade

Since you need 2 courses anyway...why not just put each course on a separate range to begin with?  There would be no need for morning and afternoon sessions and you would be set up for any people over 50 right from the start. Seems a lot better than having to scramble at the last minute trying to set up a makeshift course.  

ReplyQuote
phepler
(@deadeye)

We rented a house near Morro Bay and bought airline tickets well before Covid hit. We have until 8/16 to get a full refund on one of our house rentals. I would like to attend Nationals if it goes on as scheduled. But I need to know what is decided before 8/16. 

ReplyQuote
Knobs
(@knobs)

@wayne-burns

Hey Wayne,

I understand you're working with a soup sandwich & I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.

The last minute change of venue idea  is going to be very tough for me to work with. My gut feeling is that holding out that possibility for too much longer is going to put a strain on attendance for anyone who isn't driving out.  It'd be nice if you could firm some things up soon, one way or the other.

Online auction was considered for the 2018 NATS sponsored by the Tar Heel Airgun Club. It was rejected because it wasn't legal. I'm not sure if it was a State or Federal legal restriction.

___KNOBS

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @knobs

@wayne-burns

Hey Wayne,

I understand you're working with a soup sandwich & I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.

The last minute change of venue idea  is going to be very tough for me to work with. My gut feeling is that holding out that possibility for too much longer is going to put a strain on attendance for anyone who isn't driving out.  It'd be nice if you could firm some things up soon, one way or the other.

Online auction was considered for the 2018 NATS sponsored by the Tar Heel Airgun Club. It was rejected because it wasn't legal. I'm not sure if it was a State or Federal legal restriction.

___KNOBS

It would only be a last resort to move the event to Southern Oregon.  The event will be held at Morro Bay unless the state of California stops us.  Then we would try to host it in Ashland Or. if southern Oregon is not shut down at the time for those who could or are willing to travel there at the time.

Yes, it's a very "soupy" situation to try and plan in....

Wayne

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @thomasair

Since you need 2 courses anyway...why not just put each course on a separate range to begin with?  There would be no need for morning and afternoon sessions and you would be set up for any people over 50 right from the start. Seems a lot better than having to scramble at the last minute trying to set up a makeshift course.  

Hi Mike,

Yes, that's what we will most likely do as we see more interest.  It's for sure the safest thing to do as we get toward the 50 attending level.

Wayne

ReplyQuote
Knobs
(@knobs)

Posted by: @knobs

@wayne-burns

Hey Wayne,

___KNOBS

It would only be a last resort to move the event to Southern Oregon.  The event will be held at Morro Bay unless the state of California stops us.  Then we would try to host it in Ashland Or. if southern Oregon is not shut down at the time for those who could or are willing to travel there at the time.

Yes, it's a very "soupy" situation to try and plan in....

Wayne

So are you saying it's definitely a go?

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

@knobs

Yes, we are for sure hosting the match at Morro Bay, unless the State of California says we can't.  If we want to be absolutely sure we can host it no matter what California does, we would have to plan to move it right now to the private Corp Ranch where we held that WFTF training camp a couple years ago.  But, not on Humility Hill, but on the same ranch on the "Oak Alley" Course across the road, with half the group and the other half on course on my ranch about 4 miles away where we would do food and stuff..

I don't know how I can be more clear.  Oregon is a back up plan, unless we don't want to risk a last minute shutdown in California and last minute change of plans.  THEN WE COULD SWITCH NOW.

THE ONLY THING STOPPING US FROM HOSTING THE MATCH IN CALIFORNIA, WOULD BE THE STATE BANNING MEETINGS OF 50 PEOPLE OR MORE, LIKE THEY DID ALREADY A COUPLE MONTHS AGO.

THERE IS NO WAY I CAN PREDICT THAT OUTCOME.  IF YOU WANT A BETTER GUARANTEE, LET'S DO IT ON PRIVATE LAND... RIGHT?

Sorry, I'm so bad at making myself clear.... let's keep working on getting on the same page.. until we all do.

Thanks,

Wayne 

ReplyQuote
Knobs
(@knobs)

@wayne-burns

Sorry, Wayne. I just wanted to be sure. It sounded like there might have been other issues that you needed to resolve to make it work financially.

___KNOBS

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

From the limited people replying to the idea of "not risking a closing in California" and moving the event to Oregon preemptively for a date certain... We are for sure solidifying our plans to host the event in Morro Bay CA.  Let's be really clear that the ONLY thing now that will move the event or change the date at Morro Bay CA. is if the state of California closes down, and the range tells us we cannot host the event there.  The day that happens, if it does, we will announce that we are moving the event to my ranch and the Corp ranch in Aslhland, OR. if enough competitors are willing to make the switch at the time.  Assuming that Southern Oregon is not shut down since our area is doing a lot better than most areas. From the feedback, about 2/3rds of the Morro Bay attendance of about maybe 50 or so, might attend the event hosted in Ashland, Oregon.

Again, please just email me if you are at all interested in attending.  No need to register on our website unless you are absolutely certain you'll attend either way, and want to secure a spot for sure in the limited attendance of about 50 for sure if the event is moved to Ashland. > https://airgunoregon.com/competitive-matches/

wayne@airgunoregon.com

Wayne

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

Just a note to let you know we are still on a "GO" pattern for Morro Bay.

But, still... you don't need to pre-register on our site https://airgunoregon.com/competitive-matches/ unless you are totally sure you won't cancel if we have to move the event to Ashland, Oregon if CA does shut down between now and the event.  I really don't want to have to return match fees unnecessarily, especially when there is a 7% fee on the website software to take in the match fees.. mailing a check is the preferred method, send an email for info on that method. 

Please just send me an email if you are interested in attending and what you would shoot ect... and if you would be willing to switch to Ashland at the last minute if need be.

Thanks, and stay healthy!!

Wayne

wayne@airgunoregon.com

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

Here is the current list of Registered and Verbal commitments for the AAFTA 2020 National FT Championships:

ReplyQuote
Wayne Burns
(@wayne-burns)
Topic starter  

Competitors,

I’m so sorry we have to take this action.   

THE 2020 AAFTA NATIONAL FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS IS CANCELED. 

It only seems fair to all those top shooters across the country who cannot attend due to the virus.  If we look at the list of only verbally and actually committed competitors, it shows the planned event is not even close to a normal AAFTA National event and can’t therefore be listed among the TRUE National contests of the past.  Sure it would be much easier for a west coast competitor to win the Nationals this year, but that’s NOT the way anyone here on the west coast wants it. 

The AAFTA BoG has agreed to postpone this years’ event and graciously allowed us to host the event next year at the same location in Morro Bay California, so hopefully those with reservations can move your room dates and save any deposits.

We have chosen Oct. 15th thru 17th 2021.  With the sign in, equipment checks, practice, and pistol match on Friday the 15th.  And day one rifle, AAFTA annual auction and meeting on Saturday the 16th.  Day two of rifle and the awards dinner will be on Sunday the 17th.

But, an event is still on for the canceled Nationals date, the California State Championships.  We are assuming that AAFTA plans to count the AAFTA Grand Prix and this match will count towards it and the Grand Prix awards will be given out at this event.  As soon as we know for sure I’ll update you.

Hopefully, everyone planning to attend the Nationals will still join us on Oct 16th -18th at the California State Championships Match, but I understand if not.

Those who have paid already can move their payment to next year, or I can refund 90% of your match fees.  Email me at wayne@airgunoregon.com and let me know what you prefer. 

Thanks again for your corporation on this unavoidable issue.

Watch for the California State Announcement and registration form.

Wayne Burns,

Match Director

2020 AAFTA National Field Target Championships 

ReplyQuote
Bob D.
(@bob-d)

For what it's worth, I think this is a wise decision, IMO.

Thanks to Wayne and crew for all the hard work they had put in, only to postpone.  It will all be worth it next year instead.

ReplyQuote