Wow! The Air Ventur...

Notifications
Clear all

Wow! The Air Venturi AVENGER looks promising.  

RSS

EricinMaine
(@ericinmaine)
January 24, 2020 18:16:46  

It's supposed to be available in June in .177,.22, and .25 calibers.The barrels are choked.The regulator is externally adjustable from 100 to 3000 psi.Adjustable hammer spring  preload.Adjustable 2 stage trigger (pull weights not known).P0wer up to 45 ft./lb. Gun weighs Six pounds without a scope wearing a black syntho. stock that looks  good in the straight side view.Lever  side action ,and magazine capable.Tank pressure guage on one side,and regulated pressure gauge on the other.Combo  scope rail for accepting most mounts.And an accessory rail under the front.Tube tank of 180 cc.The only thing I can hope for past this is … 0ptional wood stock.Oh, and $299.99 shipped.

Any one else see this yet?

EricinMaine-

MemoGears thanked
Topic Tags
nervoustrigger
(@nervoustrigger)
January 24, 2020 23:14:09  

It's a good time to be in airgunning.  That ticks pretty much all the boxes except, as you said, the wood stock.  The adjustable regulator in particular is a nice thing not previously seen on a PCP at this price point, at least not to my knowledge.

Along those lines, I've been really enjoying a DAR pre-release rifle with a lot of the same features.  Regulated shrouded sidelever with magazine and wood stock, internal regulator, similar price point.   Pretty sure my enjoyment is inversely proportional to that of the local squirrel and chipmunk populations, however.

MemoGears thanked
ReplyQuote
MikeB
(@mikeb)
January 25, 2020 13:08:51  

I couldn't help thinking it looks and carries many of the features of ATI's Nova Liberty.   Hopefully they develop a wood stock option for it.  I will be looking forward to seeing it got reviewed to see how well it mensures up.

MemoGears thanked
ReplyQuote
MemoGears
(@memogears)
January 26, 2020 11:57:20  

*Wow....I have the Nova Liberty....and love it....hope it's the same platform.....on steroids...I think I'm  getting one of each...for less than 1k with all these features Niiiccceee!!!!

ReplyQuote
EricinMaine
(@ericinmaine)
January 26, 2020 15:12:30  

nervoustrigger-I was not previously familiar with the  DAR rifles ,but I found them on line.They do look impressive.You mentioned the local pests so I am thinking that the accuracy must be quite good.

MikeB- ,

MemoGears- ; It seems that you are both quite new here. WELCOME . You both have the Nova Liverty.Please don't be shy in telling us how your guns turn out for you.

Expanding on my original post,it seems that the widely adjustable regulator ,adjustable hammer spring.and with the very high pressure capable air tank, allow this gun design to fill a niche in this price rang.It may appeal to the widest cross section of air gunners through the diversity it provides for.

In .177 cal. maybe it could be adjusted down to 500 f/s and be used for 10 meter practice by those who want to get started there,but don't have a lot of money.

In .22 cal.it could be set to what one may find is optimum power/velocity for a particular pellet for the gun.Then it could be used for target shooting ,or pesting, or hunting small game.

In .25 cal.it could be optimized for hunting some even larger game,or used for long range target shooting.

For the hand pumper it could be set up for the best capability at what ever tank pressure the gunner is able to accomplish with the pump at hand.And for those who pump,but are planning to upgrade to tanks/compressors ,it could give them something to enjoy now and hope for an even better future when they can run it under full power later.

For the experimenter, maybe it could provide a test bed .With the widest range of power/velocity it is capable of ...a person could see if pellets the gun doesn't like actually work well at a different velocity from the gun.

Well that's a lot of hope for a really affordable gun.And I wonder how many cycles of adjustment the regulator could withstand.Time and testing will tell.

EricinMaine-

MemoGears thanked
ReplyQuote
nervoustrigger
(@nervoustrigger)
January 26, 2020 16:01:58  

Yeah the DAR is about as accurate as I can hold. Here are some 25 yard groups with it followed by some 43 yard singles

The white circles are the size of an aspirin and those 43 yard shots work out to a bit under 0.5 MoA. But the more remarkable thing is that I shot those 7 pellets in 5 different sittings over the span of 2 days. I had been tweaking some things and was trying to see if the POI was stable and that there was no regulator creep messing up the first shot. It passes!

It doesn't discriminate against the new Hades pellets either

MemoGears thanked
ReplyQuote
MemoGears
(@memogears)
January 26, 2020 16:12:29  

Thanks for the welcome...I bought 3 of them....I bought one here in the USA ,NEW YORK to see how they work and it was awesome...and then I sent two to Puerto Rico for iguana  hunting they're so great out of the box...once I learned how to tune them it's just 3 washers to the Hammer spring and took 5 minutes of angle of the regular...and POW 934 FPS with JSB HADES ...and it's not pellet fussy.. great platform...hope it's the same as the Nova Liberty 

ReplyQuote
MikeB
(@mikeb)
January 26, 2020 17:38:35  

I appreciate the welcome as well.  Unfortunately I don't have a Nova Liberty, just looked at lots of information on it.  Very impressive gun and surprised that it has not gotten more attention than it has given what I have seen and read.  I hope it will be my next air rifle.  We will see.

ReplyQuote
EricinMaine
(@ericinmaine)
January 27, 2020 14:15:41  

MikeB ,OOPS. Sorry ,my mistake .You will have a chance to let the dust settle before you make a choice ,if you want.That is not a bad way to procede.

nervoustrigger , I'm trying not to turn green here as I view your shooting results.I'm not getting  results like that with my Benjamin Fortitude.But in fairness I don't usually clean barrels,it isn't really broken in yet,I haven't searched for the best pellet yet,and my shooting position is not as solid as a bench would be.So I have much to hope for.

Thankx to all who replied to my post.

EricinMaine-

ReplyQuote
Alejandro O. Martinez
(@aom22)
February 1, 2020 14:49:45  

http://video.sportsmansguide.com/v/1854149565/dynamic-pcp-air-rifle-slash-caliber-airguns-rifles/

1-inch group at 25-yds ... certainly unimpressive.

However, 1/2 group at 50-yds ... certainly got my attention.

But, only a 3-shot group.

Certainly shows some potential.

ReplyQuote
DaBick
(@dabick)
February 1, 2020 22:16:04  

@nervoustrigger

Very nice results you are getting with several diff pellets!

Who sells the DAR?

i can’t find anyone that carries them. SG must have carried them at one time but not anymore.

AB

ReplyQuote
nervoustrigger
(@nervoustrigger)
February 2, 2020 05:31:22  

@dabick

You're right, SG had it up for a short time but users ran into quality issues so they pulled it.  Aim Sports offered a refund but I decided to keep mine (a .25 cal) because I'd already fixed it up and it shoots like a dream.  Along the way, early adopters like me documented our findings on another forum and Aim reached out for advice on things that needed improving and I ended up with a pre-release of the Gen 2 for testing, which is the .22 cal that produced the groups above.  It has some nice improvements but still wasn't quite ready for release so they're going through another round of changes.  If they are as committed as it appears to get it right, I expect it will be a very nice option in the value segment but I don't know what their time table is.

ReplyQuote