Who's going to Find...

Notifications
Clear all

Who's going to Findlay?

JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
Topic starter  

After last year's show was cancelled, I'm looking forward to it. Some stuff to sell, looking for a .177 HW35.

MDriskill
(@mdriskill)

Making my first trip to the show and really looking forward to seeing old pals, meeting new ones, and of course - fondling airguns! At this point, no clue what I'm bringing...

I think it would be awesome if folks here would scribble their forum handle on their name tags maybe? 

ReplyQuote
Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

@mdriskill

Hi Mike. I tried to reply to your post while it was by itself but couldn't because it had been added here by the time I had finished my response. But in regard to the problem you had, if you refresh the page you should get the window to reply. I (and several others) have been having to refresh each and every page in order to get the latest version of that page. The forum seems to have some issues that are causing some problems for some of us.

To you and Jim, have fun at the show! Wish it was closer, I might be able to go if it was.

ReplyQuote
Hooligan
(@hooligan)

Jim, I too have to refresh each and every time! Some times twice in order to have latest responses come up, otherwise I have to scroll to end of topic to read latest response. This has been going on for a few months now, lets hope establishment can correct the issue soon.

I wish the Findlay show was closer to my neck of the woods! Just glade it will be up and running this year, all that is going will be sure to enjoy!

Cheers

ReplyQuote
straitflite
(@straitflite)

I believe I will. Never been to one but this one is close enough to attend and get back home to my own bed after 😀 Not planning to bring anything just to kick around and see what I can buy.

Are there any vendors attending?

I see there is another "Midwest Airgun Show" show 7/10 in Columbus, OH which is closer to me still. I know the Findlay shindig has been going on for years but the other is new to my awareness.

ReplyQuote
MDriskill
(@mdriskill)

@jim-in-swmo

Thanks Jim...first time I've had an issue like that here. Weird...signed in and out and refreshed several times, opened a couple other posts which came up with "reply" just fine.

ReplyQuote
Sammi
(@sammi)

So am planning to go look and maybe buy something.  I see you guys are planning to bring stuff.  Are there car trunk sales that happen in the parking lots or does everyone have tables for selling? What is the protocol?

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mdriskill

Making my first trip to the show and really looking forward to seeing old pals, meeting new ones, and of course - fondling airguns! At this point, no clue what I'm bringing...

I think it would be awesome if folks here would scribble their forum handle on their name tags maybe? 

Mike! Great news, looking forward to reconnecting. I've got two tables because I thought a buddy would be coming, but he backed out. If you need someplace to lay down your arms, I can probably fit in a few.

ReplyQuote
straitflite
(@straitflite)

@sammi

So far it looks like we'll have to find answers to our questions ourselves. Two friends will be reuniting is about all I know lol

ReplyQuote
MDriskill
(@mdriskill)

Posted by: @sammi

So am planning to go look and maybe buy something.  I see you guys are planning to bring stuff.  Are there car trunk sales that happen in the parking lots or does everyone have tables for selling? What is the protocol?

I've never been to Findlay before, but at other airgun shows it's pretty informal - predominantly individuals selling used guns. There will be a few retail dealers and other goodies too, but it's pretty much a "trunk sale" atmosphere to begin with, LOL.

ReplyQuote
MDriskill
(@mdriskill)

@straitflite

Here's the link to the show. Shortly you'll know as much as me!

https://www.flagcitytoysthatshoot.com

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
Topic starter  

@sammi

Yes, there are parking lot deals, and guys without tables carrying around guns with little for sale flags sticking out of the barrels.

Sammi thanked
ReplyQuote
oldair
(@oldair)

Tyler Patner of Pyramyd has posted on GTA that they'll be "bringing a ton of dented tins of pellets, and some cool guns too".  The large majority of tables are hobbyists and there's always a wide variety from rusty BB guns to vintage/classics to modern PCP's.  Best way to sell without a table is to carry your item, as someone is bound to ask about it.

Findlay is always a lively and friendly show - you can meet up with old pals and make new ones, see interesting stuff in the flesh, and maybe find what you've been searching for.  Dan says there will be more tables than last time, so it should be better than ever.

Don R.

Sammi thanked
ReplyQuote
straitflite
(@straitflite)

Thanks guys! Now I'm kinda (Ok, definitely) getting pumped about going now. Appreciate the additional info and I'll hopefully see you guys and meet many others at the show 😀 🤩 🥂 

ReplyQuote
sd5782
(@sd5782)

Posted by: @mdriskill

ReplyQuote
sd5782
(@sd5782)

Mike, I am glad you can come. All is well in the world. Steve here who posts now very occasionally as sd5782. I will be carrying a couple of Walthers as I like my Weirauchs and Dianas more. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

Late model LG51 in very nice shape

Tuned LG 55 not too pretty

ReplyQuote