Who is the Beeman H...

Notifications
Clear all

Who is the Beeman Historian here?  

RSS

Cruisers
(@cruisers)
October 15, 2020 10:00:39  

This reminded me of something else. I've been trying to think of this individual that seemed to be the Beeman historian on the old yellow. Don't remember his name but he certainly had a deep knowledge of all things Beeman. Can anyone inform me as to who this might have been?

Topic Tags
Citizen K
(@citizen-k)
Administrator
October 15, 2020 12:51:17  

Dunno about on here but on the old Yellow tlando was a poster that seemed to have a direct line to Beeman.

ReplyQuote
daisy
(@daisy)
October 15, 2020 15:57:50  

Lewis Reinhold is the most knowledgeable bloke on Beeman that I know. He started Beeman Australia.

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
October 15, 2020 16:15:52  

David Slade worked for Beeman.

Mike Driskill knows a lot about Beeman.

Sonnysan has a lot of rare Beeman airguns.

Russ Best, Tim McMurray, LD, and Paul Watts all posted on the old Yellow and  were all very knowledgeable about Beeman but they do not post here.

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
Airgunmanart
(@airgunmanart)
October 15, 2020 22:53:01  

@davidenoch

ReplyQuote
MDriskill
(@mdriskill)
October 16, 2020 09:00:41  

Lewis Reinhold is probably who you are thinking about, a terrific gentleman indeed. I've seen him posting on some Facebook airgun groups, FWIW, but not on any forums that I frequent.

If there is a specific question, there are several of us old cusses here, who would do the best we can with an answer!

ReplyQuote
straitflite
(@straitflite)
October 16, 2020 13:29:55  

scope1

@mdriskill

Ok fellow Beamanite cusser 😀, got one for you or anyone to maybe help me solve. Posted this a few weeks ago. The model 25 blue ribbon pistol scope:

I cannot find any info on the lower mod 25 scope. The upper one is all that shows in any Beeman catalogs that I have (ignore the cerakoting and white embossing). I have never seen one like the lower mod 25 scope. Any idea on mfg. date, length of production run etc? It looks to be slightly beefier than all the other 25's I've ever seen...knurled ocular ring and wider objective end piece. Obviously the turret knobs are different. It doesn't appear to be a knock off but anything is possible? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)
October 16, 2020 18:12:41  

It's just early eighties. Before the catalogs came out. I have a 66 2-7 AO and a 66 2-7 non ao with the same specs. Wide zoom ring diamond knurls and same turrets with logo. The non ao turrets have caps and require a coin or thick nails like mine (claws)to turn them. The caps have diamond knurls. Wide knurled ocular lock ring like your pistulscope

You won't find much information regarding the earlier designs online because Al Goon (he moved to Atlantis) hadn't invented the internet yet. And the Beeman thing wasn't very popular yet. Adult airguns weren't popular at nearly the cost of a Kimber .22 in the US.

Hakko was sold as simply Hakko in UK. They also made similar scopes to the Beemans for RWS. There are even "Colt" Hakkos. I have 2 of the RWS. Some had "wide angle view". Remember the wide angle fad?

Hakko also made some Swifts and Tascos. I have some of those too. They look nothing like the Beemans.

I also have a 4x32 AO Beeman Blue Ribbon that was made by Bushnell. You don't often see that one. A Bushnell Sportview airgun scope is all it is.

ReplyQuote
Prairie Farmer
(@prairie-farmer)
October 16, 2020 20:23:30  
Posted by: @straitflite

I had a chance to look thru some flyers and books, I see that knurled scope in a few places, this one looks real similar.  First pic is out of a Beeman catalog, and the remaining are out of a fold up flyer,

Prairie Farmer 

Add:

Here is page 59 from the 85 catalog referenced up top,

Citizen K thanked
ReplyQuote
Prairie Farmer
(@prairie-farmer)
October 16, 2020 20:30:30  

Located a 1986 dealer price list in the shop to show the pricing on catalog number 5025,

Now back in 1981 catalog, it references "introducing" the Beeman Blue Ribbon as seen below,

Prairie Farmer 

Citizen K thanked
ReplyQuote
timjohnston
(@timjohnston)
October 16, 2020 23:13:08  

Prairie Farmer 2 thumbs for a reply that went above and beyond. I see more that a few Beeman guns and scopes I owned in my youth.

tim

ReplyQuote
sonnysan
(@sonnysan)
October 16, 2020 23:21:53  

I always wondered who owned that R1 with Fleur de lis checkering.  Figured it would come to market one of these years, but never saw it.  Anybody know who owns it?  I might get lucky like some of the R1 lasers I've acquired 20 years ago.  Maybe not in today's market. 

ReplyQuote
straitflite
(@straitflite)
October 17, 2020 18:07:03  
Posted by: @kwk

Remember the wide angle fad?

Yup! Almost lost that one to memory. The RWS Hakko's seem to be an even more rare animal. I have a faint memory of Dynamit Nobel almost merging -at least in part, some of their lineup with the Doc but fell through because Nobel wouldn't conform to Beeman's philosophies? Perhaps me mind is slipping? LOL. I do recall that Bushnell had some sort of joint venture with Beeman. Thanks for the great Info!

Prarie Farmer,

What Tim said! Your factual info is illustrated for a proper trip down memory lane. I remember some of those pics from yesteryear but some I don't recall ever seeing. The lone pic of the scope in question really jumps out sitting on that FWB65....WHOOP-day-it-is! LOL I thought the mod 25 scope didn't hit production until the P1 in '85 but it looks like it was prior to '85. Thank you for all the work sir!

I'd like to keep this thread going by saying to everyone: "Next Question Please!!??" A culmination of Beeman history worthy of pinning?

Posted by: @sonnysan

I always wondered who owned that R1 with Fleur de lis checkering.  Figured it would come to market one of these years, but never saw it.  Anybody know who owns it? 

Have you checked the upstairs closet? j/k Sonny, can't wait to see what you uncover next....

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)
October 17, 2020 18:59:30  

Yeah, I'm mixed up about the catalogs. Had a conversation with my brother about when we went to the local Beeman dealer in about 1981. 40 years ago. I remember the guy at the counter telling us he didn't have Beeman catalogs yet. My brother remembers that he meant " they don't have the new catalogs yet". Fuzzy memories. Here are two similar scopes like the model 25 above. Same wide knurl pattern on a model 60 and a model 66 both 2-7. Same turrets on the 66. Notice the  diamond knurled objective ring.

I can show some RWS Hakkos when I get to it. I also have 2 Tasco Hakkos. 

IMG 3780 (1)

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)
October 18, 2020 00:08:41  

RWS Hakkos

IMG 3783 (2)
IMG 3784

Blue Ribbon 49R Bushnell Sportview

exact same scope

IMG 3789 (1)

ReplyQuote
Cruisers
(@cruisers)
October 18, 2020 22:43:15  

My question. As far as as I know the last PCP sold by Beeman was the Prairie Falcon. I have now seen them stamped Beeman Falcon C, Beeman Falcon-CS, and Beeman Falcon-RS. All are carbines, but I cannot find the differences between them. What does the C, CS, and RS designate? Also I don't think any of these were ever shown in a Beeman catalog.

ReplyQuote
sonnysan
(@sonnysan)
October 19, 2020 12:02:29  

I think the Falcon's you're referring to are the FN-19/12's and many variants.  I believe Beeman used the Falcon name for those cheap spanish guns right before the company was sold.

ReplyQuote
xmdx13x
(@xmdx13x)
October 20, 2020 15:35:20  

Beeman sold the Air Arms made Falcon Rs towards the end. Falcon always had weird designations. If you go to the Falcon Owners group on FB the old US dealer is on it and he probably  knows all the designations. 

ReplyQuote