Where to get RWS an...

Notifications
Clear all

Where to get RWS and UMAREX CO2 pistols resealed?

(@mrpumpergun)
Topic starter  

Long time since I was on the "yellow" forum, so have lost track of where to get repairs (like reseals) done.

I have one each of target models of RWS C225 and UMAREX Walther CP88 CO2 pistols, both of which need resealing. Both empty the cartridge thru the barrel immediately upon installing the cartridge. I know these are pretty low on the sophisticated or exotic scale, but they help keep my grandsons happy with backyard target shooting and plinking. One day, my grandsons will graduate to my upscale PCP's, gas struts, and springers. Searches on the web for someone to reseal these nice CO2 pistols have been unsuccessful.

Surely there's someone out there that is willing and able to reseal these nice CO2 pistols. Any help in getting me to that person or service shop would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

mrpumpergun

(@top-dog)

mrpumpergun,

May I suggest Baker Airguns or smithairgunrepair.com?  Send them an email and I am sure that they will be able to help.

If not,then try pyramidair.com and chat with one of their associates,I am sure that you will get good advice.

Top Dog

ReplyQuote
(@mrpumpergun)
Topic starter  

@top-dog

Thanks very much. I have emailed pyramid (twice) with no response. But, maybe a phone call would be more productive. I'm suurprised that UMAREX doesn't contract with someone for repair of their guns.

Thanks again...

ReplyQuote
(@marflow)

as far as i know Umarex still repairs there air guns, give them a call

umarex customer service - Google Search

be aware the 225 has become a very old pistol and parts are hard to find 

Umarex seems to be offline today 

make sure you put a drop of oil on the cartridge when a new one is installed 

good luck 

ReplyQuote
(@mrpumpergun)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @marflow

as far as i know Umarex still repairs there air guns, give them a call

umarex customer service - Google Search

be aware the 225 has become a very old pistol and parts are hard to find 

Umarex seems to be offline today 

make sure you put a drop of oil on the cartridge when a new one is installed 

good luck 

Yeah, thanks. I do put a drop of pelgun oil on the nose of the cartridges. I'm afraid that letting the guns sit dormant for 5 years has caused the seals to dry out and lose their elasticity. I think seals abide by the "use it, or lose it" rule.

ReplyQuote
(@mrpumpergun)
Topic starter  

BTW, years ago I recall a post that claimed ATF was an acceptable/good lube to use as an alternative to pelgun oil in CO2's. Do you know if that is true?

ReplyQuote
(@marflow)

well the part about setting for 5 years is another story 

i would try to get some oil in the valve opening-piercing pin, turn the gun upside down and see it enough will migrate in 

and then dry fire the valve and waste another cartridge and fire it as fast as you can and with no pellets 

it might get things working again 

the service with the shipping is going to be in the 100 buck range each, i would guess 

ReplyQuote
(@mrpumpergun)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @marflow

well the part about setting for 5 years is another story 

i would try to get some oil in the valve opening-piercing pin, turn the gun upside down and see it enough will migrate in 

and then dry fire the valve and waste another cartridge and fire it as fast as you can and with no pellets 

it might get things working again 

the service with the shipping is going to be in the 100 buck range each, i would guess 

Yes, thanks. I've tried dripping some oil into the valve opening, resting the gun muzzle-up so the oil can migrate into the valve, and dry-firing, but no success yet. Running out of cartridges 😌 🙄 But, I'll continue to try that with the hope the o-rings/seals haven't hardened or cracked to the extent they can't be "revived".

Do you have an opinion regarding using ATF as a pelgun lube?

ReplyQuote
(@marflow)

ATF has been mention too many time to not think it is fine, i have never used it 

it doesn't take much to hold the valve cracked open a very little bit or the seat 

the biggest problem with these guns is for the first time you open them up, even though you have been fixing air guns for a long time, they are very busy inside 

and that makes them real easy to make them a basket case and they have too high of value to do that to them 

you can see from T.W. Chamber site in the UK how many parts the gun holds 

Walther CP88 Umarex - Airgun spares | Chambers Gunmakers - Airgun, Shotgun & Rifle spares. Parts for Air Arms, BSA, Crosman, Diana, Gamo, Relum, Webley, Weihrauch and many, many more

John Knibbs shows the valve internal parts 

CP88 - Airgun Spares - Gun Spares

so just some info 

mike

ReplyQuote
(@top-dog)

Mrpumpergun,

During the week day,try to go to pyramidair and live chat with one of their reps.  Maybe that may be of help.

Sometimes,emails do not ever get responded to.

Top Dog

ReplyQuote
(@mrpumpergun)
Topic starter  

@marflow

Thanks, Mike. Yeah, I hate to admit it, but even though I know my way around a lot of firearms, and how to repair/tune them, I'm pretty sure I could make some costly mistakes in the process of tearing these down. I'll study the Cambers IPB/parts explosion, and maybe that will keep me out of trouble.

ReplyQuote