What is the TX200 o...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] What is the TX200 of the break barrel world and

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

Which break barrels are built as good as the Air Arms? Looking for a lightweight air rifle, preferably in .177. Is/are the HW30/R7 Kings of lightweight break barrels? 

straitflite
(@straitflite)

Very broad based question. The list of what comes closest would be like every car manufacturers best comparative model. There are many greats no longer in production and some that still are. Powerwise R7 is in a different class than anything AA makes -comparatively. If AA does it for you, why look any farther? Closest to that would be HW77/97 but you mentioned lightweight....and break barrel

ReplyQuote
(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

I guess, HW95 ... I answered my own question... Thanks guys.

ReplyQuote
Bigbore
(@bigbore)

Posted by: @teleamp

Which break barrels are built as good as the Air Arms? Looking for a lightweight air rifle, preferably in .177. Is/are the HW30/R7 Kings of lightweight break barrels? 

I would say the HW 98. A little heavier but it has some GREAT features.

I had one tuned by JM before he quit tuning and it was a fantastic gun. I would still have it but my apartment was burglarized and it was stolen. It was just one of those things you don't part with easily.

R11Bal

ReplyQuote
 DonC
(@donc)

I have a tuned by Flying Dragons FWB Sport. It's my best breakbarrel. Shoots at 13ft/lbs and TX accurate. 2nd is gas ram Diana 340. HW's models are all good with a selection of power and Record triggers. HW95/R9 is closest in power to TX. HW30/R7 is super but low powered. Air Arms did make a break barrel. I forgot the name. Used market is where you will find one. 

ReplyQuote
Skip in WV
(@skip-in-wv)

You might consider the Walther LGV. If you can find one.

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)

@bigbore

I agree, the HW98.  It is a purpose built FT break rifle.

David Enoch

MDriskill thanked
ReplyQuote
(@bilrus61)

Look at the HW50s. in .177. A bit harder to cock but you gain the bottom stock screw over the hw95 dual forend screws and you gain the wedge lockup over the hw30s. Plenty of power. Not heavy. Very accurate and not hold sinsitive at all. Not very loud. There is a HUGE difference in power between the hw 50s and the hw 30. I think lots of folks like to think of them as about the same. They arn't. hw30 for short feathers. About 30 yrd. Hw 50 for short fur and long feathers. 45 yards. HW 95 for long fur and feathers. I swear you can get the Record trigger at the same level as a Kidd two stage or a Anschutz. Amazing trigger.

ReplyQuote
(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@bilrus61

Thanks, I was just looking at HW 50's, if my R7 doesn't come back soon...

ReplyQuote
Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

If you want more power than what the HW30S/R7 puts out you wouldn't go wrong with either the HW50S or the HW95/R9. I agree with bilrus61 on the HW50S. I have one in .177 and like it a lot. Very accurate and it's easy to shoot it accurately. It's like shooting a slightly bigger, more powerful HW30S/R7. And once the barrel pivot is adjusted correctly (over tightened from the factory) and the 2-piece cocking lever limbers up, the cocking effort isn't that bad. I also have an R9 (HW95 Luxus) and it's a fine gun as well. But the HW50 is pretty much my favorite...at the moment, lol. But, having said that, I do have both the HW30 and R7 which are basically the same gun, sooo.... ๐Ÿ™„ LOL

ReplyQuote
(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@jim-in-swmo

So far the R7 gets the nod, if only due to aesthetics.

If I do buy another R7, should I go ahead and get a tune kit for spares/just in case?

ReplyQuote
Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

Posted by: @teleamp

If I do buy another R7, should I go ahead and get a tune kit for spares/just in case?

That's something that's totally up to you. Some folks do, some don't. I'm one of those that do because I like to have spare parts on hand if I should need them.

ReplyQuote
RedFeather
(@redfeather)

Why, Jim, I guess you don't want that HW35K any longer? ๐Ÿคญ

ReplyQuote
Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

Posted by: @redfeather

Why, Jim, I guess you don't want that HW35K any longer? ๐Ÿคญ

Careful there, Red! Them there is almost fightin' words! ๐Ÿคจ 

๐Ÿ˜œ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜œ 

Actually, I still wouldn't mind adding an HW35E someday. ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™‚  

ReplyQuote
(@jiminpgh)

Actually, I still wouldn't mind adding an HW35E someday. ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™‚  

Had a pre-safety HW35 years ago. WONDERFUL gun. Never should have let it go. Still searching.

ReplyQuote
Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

Posted by: @jiminpgh

Had a pre-safety HW35 years ago. WONDERFUL gun. Never should have let it go.

Hi Jim. I can only imagine the seller's remorse you must have for letting something like that go. While I said I wouldn't mind adding an HW35E someday, I sure wouldn't turn down a bag grip 35 Luxus if the price was right, lol. But those old girls seem to bring near new or better than new price. And that new price is what's keeping me from getting a 35E. It's a bit over my self-imposed limit for an airgun purchase. But hey, I can still dream, lol. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

I had a scope on my HW35K for a while but now have a Williams peep on it and love it this way. Keeps the original feel of the gun and isn't top heavy like it felt even with a small 2-7x32AO scope on it.

ReplyQuote
Limbshaker
(@limbshaker)

About anything Weihrauch makes is built more solid than a TX200....

The FWB 124 is a flimsy and cheaply made, very overpriced, hold sensitive rifle with a weak lockup and a cheesy trigger and plastic sights. 

The HW30/R7 has a ball style breech detent and it can have wear/lockup issues over time. 

The HW98 is probably the best target oriented break barrel currently available. Excellent trigger, solidly built and has a nice shot cycle.

ReplyQuote
Bigbore
(@bigbore)

Posted by: @limbshaker

The HW98 is probably the best target oriented break barrel currently available. Excellent trigger, solidly built and has a nice shot cycle.

IMO, things that deserve mention are that it comes with a great stock, the venerable Rekord trigger and the heart is the HW95/R9, one of the most prolific springers produced so parts and kits are plentiful. 

BTW, The picture I posted was taken to show the balance point of the rifle.

ReplyQuote