Notifications
Clear all

Walther PPK/S?  

RSS

JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
January 19, 2020 15:57:51  

Has anyone had good luck with this all-metal blowback CO2 BB pistol?  It looks and feels great, and the action is remarkably realistic, but alas, the pistol is not at all accurate!  I'm talking 4" groups at 7 yds in the basement.  I tried Crosman coppers, Daisy zincs, and even the expensive Avanti precision BBs.  I want to love this little pistol, but mine shoots like shiite.

Topic Tags
Bob in WV
(@bob-in-wv)
January 19, 2020 16:55:30  

Try some lead bbs.  They work a little better in mine.  Gamo used to sell cans of lead bbs maybe still do.

Bob in WV

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
January 19, 2020 19:26:58  
Posted by: @bob-in-wv

Try some lead bbs.  They work a little better in mine.  Gamo used to sell cans of lead bbs maybe still do.

Bob in WV

Thanks Bob.  I have a few tins of Gamo lead rounds.  I'll give them a try.  I really like the feel and action of this pistol, but it literally sprays BBs.  Very disappointing so far.

ReplyQuote
Bob in WV
(@bob-in-wv)
January 19, 2020 19:34:10  

I like mine too, but it is never going to be a target pistol.  It is a fun pop can blaster.  I like the realistic action.  I have an old WWII Nazi marked Walther in .22 lr and it is very simalar shooting both guns.  Have fun.

Bob in WV

ReplyQuote
Airgun-Channel
(@air-gun-channel)
January 26, 2020 10:52:54  

Did you clean the barrel before you shot it? -Nate

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
January 26, 2020 14:15:27  
Posted by: @air-gun-channel

Did you clean the barrel before you shot it? -Nate

Good idea, but I'm not sure how to go about that.  I can't seem to figure out how to get both ends of the barrel exposed.  Open to tips, tricks and suggestions.

ReplyQuote
geetee
(@geetee)
January 28, 2020 15:48:32  

I bought the same gun last week. $15 at Walmart since they are selling off all stock. Have not shot it yet but sorry to hear it ain’t great accuracy wise. 

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
January 28, 2020 16:34:51  

I really want to like this pistol.  Firing behavior is almost a dead ringer for my 22LR Beretta 21A Bobcat.  I tried Gamo lead rounds.  All that did was slow it down, based on a lower POI, with no improvement in group size.  My last resort will be to try some Marksman BBs, which are known to run larger, and have a reputation of jamming in some BB barrels.  We'll see.

ReplyQuote