Walther LP53 Kurtz ...

Notifications
Clear all

Walther LP53 Kurtz project finally complete.

(@steveoo)
Topic starter  
68DD11FE F850 4246 80EB 36FD6B74B603

My Walther LP53 Kurtz project is now at end. It produces 520 FPS with 8 grain Domes, with minimal recoil and zero vibration with my own design Guides and seals.

Groups were shot free hand, with 2 hand hold 3/8” group and 1.1 inch group at 15 yds...

Penetration on the 3/8” pine, or rats skull, is almost clean through at 8 yds...and the pellets buried to a good depth at 15 yds. For the record, pellets penetrated approx flush at 20 yds but I started to lose the battle to group effectively, opening up to 1.5 inches ...Even so, very pleased with how this project turned out and the gun will remain with me for keeps.

I have since sold off my other pistols,  possibly to purchase a back up 53 for spare parts to keep this one and another running indefinitely...

bf1956 thanked
straitflite
(@straitflite)

That is a handy looking pistol. Very nice specs Steve.

ReplyQuote
(@marflow)

Walther LP53K - Airgun Nation

so how much of the HW30 spring did you use 

ReplyQuote
(@steveoo)
Topic starter  

You need to use 18 coils, flattening the cut end to the quality of the OEM uncut end ....and polished both ends.

Spring guide and top hat require 3 to 4mm rims each and a combined length of 68mm....I went with 15mm total length for the top hat and the remainder for the long guide. Nice push fit for both. Centre hole drilled through both parts at 8.2mm is a nice slide fit on the OEM 8mm guide.

TP was reduced from 4mm to 3mm to reach peak pressure and cushioned cycle.....

Seal was a work of art...cannot really help too much there, but watch this space for a new type of seal from a leading manufacture. I used an ancient seal type but with a never used curing process...something old and something new!

ReplyQuote
DJNA
 DJNA
(@djna)

Impressive gun- looks very accurate. 

ReplyQuote
(@marflow)

i have been using 2 thin stainless washer under spring ends, it will add 2mm in length but between the 2 washers and the spring end, the spring has nothing to stop it from rotating 

something like these 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-50X-M2-M40-Stainless-Steel-Ultra-Thin-Flat-Washer-Ultrathin-Shim-Plain-Gasket/164573184907?var=464134224073

of course the tophats can't be overly tight 

great number from a small power plant 

ReplyQuote
(@steveoo)
Topic starter  

Big power plant...must looks small.

The diameter of the piston is bigger than the P1 and over 3mm bigger than the Tempest. Also, due to the short piston has more Volume than a Tempest. Couple in a direct in line TP instead of one having to turn through 90 degrees and it will make power for fun if you know what you are doing

ReplyQuote