Walmart is closing ...

Notifications
Clear all

Walmart is closing out air pistols  

RSS

JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
January 17, 2020 15:14:42  

I just picked up a Beeman P17 for $19!  They were a bargain and a half at $35.  I already have one, but I couldn't resist.  I might just leave it in the clamshell and put it away to forget about.  I also picked up a Umarex XCP for $15.  Looks like a fun little toy.

scratchit thanked
Topic Tags
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
January 17, 2020 16:47:25  

Cool!  They are not my favorite pistol due to how hard they are to cock without pinching your hands but I may pick up an extra.

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
rpryor
(@rpryor)
January 18, 2020 13:28:22  

Yes they are, after reading your post I took a ride to my local Wal-Mart and got their last one. Thank You for the heads up.

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
January 18, 2020 19:09:01  

I picked up 3 different smoothbore CO2 repeater pistols, and each one cost only $15.  Umarex XCP (BB,)  Walther PPK/S (BB,) and a Gamo 430 (Pellet or BB.)

So far, for my giant $45 investment, the Umarex feels like a toy but is the most accurate of the BB pistols.  The Walther is all steel and blowback, feels like a real gun, but seems to spray BBs.  The Gamo 430 is the best shooter of the bunch.

All of these cheap pistols have fixed sights, but they are a hell of a lot of fun in the basement.  I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

If you want some cheap toys, get to Walmart before they sell out.

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
January 19, 2020 10:14:31  

Something wrong with my ?data? and lost an entire post... bleh..

Bought 2, one might be losing air, both have triggers better than most rifles.

First though, convert to 22. Second thought, don't mess with them!

Edit, confirmed capable of culling angry little rooster @12yds w/Crosman Destroyer, head shot, 1st shot. Impressive!

Hitting a different store today for the XCP bb-blaster... does anyone have good or bad to say about them?

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
January 19, 2020 12:37:21  
Posted by: @gratewhitehuntr

Hitting a different store today for the XCP bb-blaster... does anyone have good or bad to say about them?

I picked up one of the XCPs.  Not a bad BB pistol.  All plastic, except for the excellent metal drop-out magazine/clip.  Decent beer-can accuracy in the basement.  Typical mushy DA trigger.  Overall, for $15, I'm pleased, but it'll probably be on my table at Findlay this spring. Kind of toy-like, but fun.

All in all, I bought 4 Walmart closeout pistols.  XCP, P17 (which I put away unopened,) Walther PPK/S, and a Gamo 430.  The Gamo is a pleasant surprise.  I like that it shoots pellets.  The PPK/S is definitely going on my table at Findlay.  Nice heft, all metal construction, and cool realistic blowback action, but dismal accuracy, even at 7 yds in the basement.  More novelty than shooter.

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
January 19, 2020 16:52:18  

No returns on airguns at Walmart... but I want to exchange 😉 see?

They kept the leaky pistol (couldn't return so they damaged it out)  I bought 2 more at 1/2 price.

total 3x P17 purchased

We shoot brown anoles for chicken treats and previously had been using a Buck 105. That has officially been replaced.

Below example is a mature male. They can be found atop whatever high point, playing King of the Mountain, eyeing trespassers suspiciously. 

We've affectionately named one "Chewy" after finding him trying to swallow a shot->lost lizard of smaller size.  Every few days I lay an offering at King Chewy's throne of discarded aquarium rocks, atop a pile of yet unlaid pavers. Not my pic.

https://scx1.b-cdn.net/csz/news/800/2015/1-invasiveliza.jpg

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
February 13, 2020 14:47:14  

Short term review.

Awesome gun, approx 1K pellets downrange, started dumping 1/2 of the air charge through the valve almost immediately after cocking.

Called Beeman today, but everyone was at lunch and Pam took my number, said someone would call me back.

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
February 13, 2020 19:24:55  
Posted by: @gratewhitehuntr

Short term review.

Awesome gun, approx 1K pellets downrange, started dumping 1/2 of the air charge through the valve almost immediately after cocking.

Called Beeman today, but everyone was at lunch and Pam took my number, said someone would call me back.

Did you manage to get one of the Umarex XCP?  As far as a semi-auto plastic BB pistol, I'm pretty pleased.  Really like the flawless functioning drop-down magazine.  Reasonable accuracy at short range with "good" BBs, meaning Avanti precision ground or Umarex.  Slightly less so with run-of-the-mill Crosman Copperheads or bulk Daisys.  Do NOT try Marksman .177 BBs in this gun.  Jammed it up and ruined the valve on my first $15 XCP.  (There's no way to open these things without destoying them.)  I was lucky and found the last one as a replacement at my local Walmart for $7.

I am also pleasantly surprised with my $15 Gamo 430.  Also bought at $15.

ReplyQuote
scratchit
(@scratchit)
February 14, 2020 19:30:49  

@jiminpgh

looks like my w-mart sold out before I got there......

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
February 14, 2020 20:58:54  

I'm not a fan of 12g co2 carts, so not for me.

Pam Bixler @ Beeman did send me a .pdf catalog, but no mention of repairs.

I can't attach the catalog, it's 3.2mb

ReplyQuote