Notifications

Urban Adjustments  

RSS

josh3rd
( @josh3rd )
2020-02-07 16:03:45  

I have a 22cal can I urban and  I do not have a chrony and yes I know, in airgunning it is an essential tool.

So anyway when turning that screw that adjust your hammer in CW until your rifle cannot cock anymore then back it out say just 1 turn, is that conceivably the "max" power for the urban? Now I don't want "max" power, but I do want more than 2 mags (20 shots) just because I am hand pumping.

Anyway more than likely I will be using 18gr or 15gr jsb and would want to shoot them at 760fps+ and would like to get above 20 shots if its doable.

So the only way that I am hoping will work, is knowing how many turns are your urbans at from the bottom meaning where it won't cock. Hope that makes sense guys.

Also I kinda asked this before but cant seem to find the post with some of your responses. Thanks ahead of time.

And honestly guys, I truly appreciate ALL the help that I have received from you since the beginning of my airgunning experience. I was a long time lurker (sounds creepy, lol) since about 2010 but anyhow I just want to say how much you are appreciated.

cross posted

scratchit and ekmeister thanked
Topic Tags
ekmeister
( @ekmeister )
Member of Trade
2020-02-07 17:27:40  
Posted by: @josh3rd

I do not have a chrony and yes I know, in airgunning it is an essential tool...

So anyway when turning that screw that adjust your hammer in CW until your rifle...

Hey Josh,

Thanks for all of the effort you put into helping us figure out which air gun equipment we really want to buy, and what we can expect in the way of performance.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the answer to your question. But, I hope you won't mind if I mention two other things.

If you know a chronograph is essential for doing proper testing, I'm very curious about something. Why don't you have one?

I've watched more than a few of your air gun reviews on YouTube before. I could have sworn there was a chronograph in there somewhere. Apparently not.

That news will pretty much keep me from looking at any more of your reviews until you get one. That's how essential they are. A lot of others may feel the same, especially now that you've announced it, here for the whole world to see.

Do you really want to potentially-waste all that time doing the testing, and the reviews, knowing there's a good chance that not many people are going to watch them? It seems to me like you put a lot of good time and effort into them, trying to make them useful.

Please, buy a chronograph. Please let us know when you have one. I'll be eager to go back and watch your reviews again when you do. But, not until that happens. And, you may already know that you can get a pretty decent one for about $100.

Now, if I haven't offended you already, I'd like to make another suggestion that might get you more readers here...

Dividing your posts into paragraphs would make them MUCH more readable. Honestly, I stopped reading the post you just made after the first two or three sentences. It was just too long for me to follow. And, I for one like posts with a lot of technical information in them. Maybe you could try using multiple paragraphs, and see what happens.

I want you to know that this post is being made with the very best of intents. It's also being made in recognition of all the hard work you put into reviewing a lot of different, sometimes-expensive air-gun-related equipment, to help us get a good feel for the items we really want to buy. With the help of your reviews, we don't have to buy something first, in order to find out.

Thanks again!

scratchit and pluric thanked
ReplyQuote
josh3rd
( @josh3rd )
2020-02-07 19:13:37  

@ekmeister you are absolutely right in all respects. You been around for a good while and I always look forward to your feedback.

I had a chrony before then I would give it away to someone who needed it because I felt that at the time I didn't need it and someone could benefit from it more than I can at that time.

Why don't I have one now? Good question. Not to long ago (a couple of years now) I was hit by a drunk driver while walking and I was in a pretty bad situation. With my medical situation putting a heavy damper on my income or lack thereof well things had to get sold and belts had to be tighten...dramatically. And as of late I have been laid off since late October early November so getting one has been on the back burner. 

Ok as for paragraphs lol, Ed I get so anxious to post and feel like that I have to get it out my mind and onto the keyboard a paragraph is the last thing on my mind. But its understandable for readers to want to read and to easily follow if there was paragraphs.

FWIW a lot of my questions in these post could/would be resolved if I had a chrony.

Ed check my updated post now please.

ReplyQuote
ekmeister
( @ekmeister )
Member of Trade
2020-02-07 19:24:25  

@josh3rd

Well, it's understandable that your purchasing ability has been drastically-curtailed. I feel bad that you had to go through all of that in the way of some very-serious setbacks.

I think it's also generous that the reason you lost a chronograph or three is because you gave them away to someone you thought needed them more.

I'm going to go read your other post. But this one, divided into paragraphs, already reads much better. Good job in that regard!

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
ekmeister
( @ekmeister )
Member of Trade
2020-02-07 19:40:21  

@josh3rd

I went back and read your original post, that you've now divided into paragraphs. It's much, much easier to read like that. I had no trouble following it at all this time. Good job!

By the way, you also have my admiration, for being humble enough to accept some constructive criticism. 🙂

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
josh3rd
( @josh3rd )
2020-02-07 20:21:25  

@ekmeister of course ed. Accepting criticism is like being taught. One is never to old, to smart or to tough to learn or be taught. I think of it this way, you not only helped me but may have helped others understand me better or helped others who may have or are making the same mistakes. So therefore I thank you.

ReplyQuote
pluric
( @pluric )
2020-02-07 20:23:24  
Posted by: @josh3rd

@ekmeister you are absolutely right in all respects. You been around for a good while and I always look forward to your feedback.

I had a chrony before then I would give it away to someone who needed it because I felt that at the time I didn't need it and someone could benefit from it more than I can at that time.

Why don't I have one now? Good question. Not to long ago (a couple of years now) I was hit by a drunk driver while walking and I was in a pretty bad situation. With my medical situation putting a heavy damper on my income or lack thereof well things had to get sold and belts had to be tighten...dramatically. And as of late I have been laid off since late October early November so getting one has been on the back burner. 

Ok as for paragraphs lol, Ed I get so anxious to post and feel like that I have to get it out my mind and onto the keyboard a paragraph is the last thing on my mind. But its understandable for readers to want to read and to easily follow if there was paragraphs.

FWIW a lot of my questions in these post could/would be resolved if I had a chrony.

Ed check my updated post now please.

PM me an address. I'll send you a chrony. Call it "pay it forward" for your past generosity.

ReplyQuote
josh3rd
( @josh3rd )
2020-02-07 20:51:09  

@pluric that's awfully generous of you. PM sent

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
straitflite
( @straitflite )
2020-02-08 08:30:16  

This is what I call a quality post!

Pluric, I was thinking of a collection for the chrony but you single handedly took care of it yourself. 😀 😀

Lets all make yellow great again!!! (Disclaimer: no political parallels implied)

scratchit and pluric thanked
ReplyQuote
josh3rd
( @josh3rd )
2020-02-08 10:16:27  
Posted by: @straitflite

Pluric, I was thinking of a collection for the chrony but you single handedly took care of it yourself. 😀 😀

Lets all make yellow great again!!! (Disclaimer: no political parallels implied)

Straitlife the thought still speaks volumes. Thank you

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
pluric
( @pluric )
2020-02-08 11:39:10  

🤣

Would that be MYGA?

I don't know, maybe put it on a yellow hat??? 😉 😀 

ReplyQuote
straitflite
( @straitflite )
2020-02-08 13:47:28  

@pluric

"I like ii alottt"

source

😀

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
ekmeister
( @ekmeister )
Member of Trade
2020-02-08 14:07:59  

@pluric

"I like ii alottt"

source

😀

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

One of the funniest lines from one of the funniest scenes from one of the funniest movies I've ever seen!

I pretty much never get tired of seeing that movie. I have to go back and watch it over and over again. It's pure cinematic genius I, tell you! Thanks for posting the clip. I wouldn't have thought of doing it.

There were no air guns in that movie. Wait, that bathroom scene... never mind.

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
straitflite
( @straitflite )
2020-02-08 14:24:21  
Posted by: @ekmeister

There were no air guns in that movie. Wait, that bathroom scene... never mind.

Ed, now you got me laughing!

I recall a time when I was in a similar scenario, though not anywhere near to that extent...or maybe I prefer not to remember it accurately? Hmmmm Hold THAT thought  😊

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
ekmeister
( @ekmeister )
Member of Trade
2020-02-08 18:50:44  

@straitflite

My condolences for your tragic situation. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale.

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote