Top 5 Truck Guns. L...

Top 5 Truck Guns. Look which one made it to number 2!  

RSS

Joe Brancato
(@n6yyo)
Dealer
2019-11-07 11:46:14  

Top 5 Truck Guns. Look which one made it to number 2!  The Zbroia Kozak!

ExpertHPA | Air Tanks For Sale | Topgun Airguns

pluric
(@pluric)
2019-11-07 12:17:41  

Hmmm, I would have voted different. Those are all pretty much too long. Budget, Crosman 1322 with factory hollow stock, Airmax pistol, Mutant Shorty, Uragan Compact, #1 Leishy. 

But, we all know what opinions are worth. 😉 😊 

ReplyQuote
stevevines
(@stevevines)
2019-11-07 12:45:15  

Bogus self serving list imho.    Truck guns should be well worn and inexpensive, something you would not worry about leaving in your truck, not some high dollar bullpup.

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)
2019-11-07 13:27:35  
Posted by: @stevevines

Bogus self serving list imho.    Truck guns should be well worn and inexpensive, something you would not worry about leaving in your truck, not some high dollar bullpup.

Yes, but who puts a $60 gun in their $60K truck? 🤑 😀 

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
2019-11-07 14:25:38  

Disagree with the whole premise. A truck gun should be able to live in the truck without support or maintenance, for possibly months at a time. It should be able to perform at a moment's notice. It should be capable of neglect and still perform, just like the jack or lug wrench. PCP platform is by definition, not a truck gun. A Sheridan or Benjamin pumper would be a far better choice. Or a cheap Chinese springer, like a b1 or b2, or maybe the folding AK B5-1. A truck gun should be able to live in the truck like all the other tools, not all that precise, DEFINITELY not fragile, but able to do the job when called into action. If you have to keep your truck gun in a case, it ain't a truck gun, its a case gun.

Just my opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it. 🙂

Cvan and pluric thanked
ReplyQuote
Rob in NC
(@rob-in-nc)
2019-11-07 16:11:29  
Posted by: @jiminpgh

Disagree with the whole premise. A truck gun should be able to live in the truck without support or maintenance, for possibly months at a time. It should be able to perform at a moment's notice. It should be capable of neglect and still perform, just like the jack or lug wrench. PCP platform is by definition, not a truck gun. A Sheridan or Benjamin pumper would be a far better choice. Or a cheap Chinese springer, like a b1 or b2, or maybe the folding AK B5-1. A truck gun should be able to live in the truck like all the other tools, not all that precise, DEFINITELY not fragile, but able to do the job when called into action. If you have to keep your truck gun in a case, it ain't a truck gun, its a case gun.

Just my opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it. 🙂

Might be worth exactly what I paid for it, but it would appear that you and I use the same bank because I agree whole-heartedly.  My first thought when seeing the first contender was 'WTF.. truck gun implies something that is rugged and not susceptible to a lot of factors to make it inoperable.  Springer or MSP comes to mind quickly. 

All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

Cvan thanked
ReplyQuote
Bill S.
(@tripleguy)
2019-11-07 16:21:25  

Benjamin 312 gets the nod as its a couple inches shorter than a Sheridan and just as powerful/accurate.

"But I'll be needin that gun, fer squirrels and such."

ReplyQuote
Bob in WV
(@bob-in-wv)
2019-11-07 17:12:13  

I think like Bill and Jim.  A beat up Crosman 140 would be a great truck gun.  A few years ago Ted Summers was selling a whole table of 140s by the pound at an airguns show.  One of the funniest things I have ever seen.  I picked out a decent one and the price came to 7 or 8 dollars.  When I got home the thing still held air and shot great.  Perfect truck gun.  I picked up a 312 at a yard sale for $30 one year and it shot great but looked rough, another perfect truck gun.  Even a Daisy 880 or Crosman 760 would work as well.

Bob in WV

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)
2019-11-07 18:01:52  
Posted by: @bob-in-wv

I think like Bill and Jim.  A beat up Crosman 140 would be a great truck gun.  A few years ago Ted Summers was selling a whole table of 140s by the pound at an airguns show.  One of the funniest things I have ever seen.  I picked out a decent one and the price came to 7 or 8 dollars.  When I got home the thing still held air and shot great.  Perfect truck gun.  I picked up a 312 at a yard sale for $30 one year and it shot great but looked rough, another perfect truck gun.  Even a Daisy 880 or Crosman 760 would work as well.

Bob in WV

Brilliant, Bob.  Daisy 880!  Plastic, maintenance free, and actually a damn fine shooter.  I picked up a really nice one at a fleamarket a couple years ago for $20, and I actually enjoy it.  If I still had a truck, that would probably be my choice to keep in it for those times when you say to yourself, "Damn, I wish I had a pellet gun right now."

And BTW, I remember the show where Ted was selling 140s by the pound.  Good times.

ReplyQuote
stevevines
(@stevevines)
2019-11-07 19:18:16  
Posted by: @pluric
Posted by: @stevevines

Yes, but who puts a $60 gun in their $60K truck? 🤑 😀 

Would you believe a $200.00 34 in a 2001 Ford Ranger?

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)
2019-11-07 20:30:56  

Perfect fit!

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
2019-11-07 20:45:57  

@tripleguy

My favorite truck gun. It's been there since the 70's. My .20 cal Blue Steak

1571531816 1191663205dabac281f2393.37506625 IMG 20191007 111428 2

ReplyQuote
marflow
(@marflow)
2019-11-07 23:55:41  

don't you have to hang it on a rack in the back window, to make it a real truck gun

Mike

ReplyQuote
stevevines
(@stevevines)
2019-11-08 05:38:32  

Not in my neighborhood.

ReplyQuote
Bill S.
(@tripleguy)
2019-11-08 15:40:36  

I had a Benjamin 347 when I was a teen. It was short enough I could slide it up the back of my hunting coat and cradle the muzzle in my cupped hand while I walked the half mile along city streets to my hunting grounds. Many rabbits and squirrels were taken with that rifle. Still have it.

"But I'll be needin that gun, fer squirrels and such."

ReplyQuote
Hector J Medina G
(@hector-j-medina-g)
Member of Trade
2019-11-08 17:57:33  

IMHO a truck gun should deliver an accurate and precise shot,w enough power to do the job, at a moment's notice.

So, MSP's don't qualify.

A synthetic stocked 0.22" D34 with a short barrel and a forward mounted, low mag scope.

That would be my truck gun.

HM

ReplyQuote
daveshoot
(@daveshoot)
2019-11-08 19:45:53  

QB-57. anyone? That's my truck gun.

ReplyQuote
stevevines
(@stevevines)
2019-11-08 20:44:59  
Posted by: @hector-j-medina-g

IMHO a truck gun should deliver an accurate and precise shot,w enough power to do the job, at a moment's notice.

So, MSP's don't qualify.

A synthetic stocked 0.22" D34 with a short barrel and a forward mounted, low mag scope.

HM

two for three?

ReplyQuote
straitflite
(@straitflite)
2019-11-09 09:46:05  

The most 'mobile' gun of my choice would have to be a Beeman P1/HW45, scoped. I may be straying off course with the general consensus of this post but man, I could tell some stories I've had with this one!

Works in cars too ❤️ 

Bo

ReplyQuote
crazyhorse
(@crazyhorse)
2019-11-09 10:53:16  

My truck gun...

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
2019-11-13 12:16:32  
Posted by: @hector-j-medina-g

So, MSP's don't qualify.

HM

Hector, I appreciate your view but I have to disagree slightly.  I've left a charge in my Sheridans and only put the pellet in prior to the shot.  But I don't live in a place where a rifle can be carried, even in a car, loaded.  At least that's how I read the laws in MN.  So this was mainly getting to my hunting site.  But...I could carry an air pistol loaded and at the ready because of C&C.

Juuust great.  Here comes the obsession to go hunting with one of my Dans...

and I don't have off until next week. sigh...

Ich will

Ich will das Ihr mich gut seht

Ich will

Ich will das Ihr Mich versteht!

ReplyQuote
Hector J Medina G
(@hector-j-medina-g)
Member of Trade
2019-11-13 14:37:04  

Hello Harvey!

Many years ago, there was a Harvey that was a good poster in the fora, dunno if it is you or not.

In a way, you are right, I see two problems:

1) It is illegal as you understand the laws of your land.

2) I can take a second shot in about 6-7 seconds with a D34 (have placed 2nd a couple of times in the Pyramyd Air Cup Gunslynger with a D34), I do not think anyone can take a properly aimed second shot in 7 seconds with a MSP, ANY MSP.

The definition of a "Truck Gun" depends too much on the place and time of usage, as that will dictated the PURPOSE of usage.

If, like the video, you think of a truck gun as a "sudden shot" gun to dispense with the critters that pop up, I have to say that is not my definition. BUT I also have to say that I have had several definitions in my life. Again, it all depends on time and place.

A truck gun for an African Land Rover is not the same as a truck gun for Florida swamp Chevy, or for a "Ute" in the Australian Outback.

The ONLY thing in common between all those truck guns is that they are UNIQUELY adapted to the chores (it is a tool) that are required of it in the abode of the owner.

In my present environment and condition. I would like something to dispatch from Chipmunks (on the light side), to Badgers/O'Possa, Woodchucks, and Raccoons on the larger side. I don't run a chicken coop, so Foxes are my friends. Unless I come across a deer that has been slammed by a car, ANY piston gun is too light for that duty.

It would be interesting to know what is the MV of a pre-charged Sheridan or Benjamin after a night in a pickup that stays outdoors. I know how much energy the D34 platform looses when powered with a gas spring in the winter's cold, but I have never had access to a MSP and Winter at the same time to do the test.

Ich verstehe dich, mein freund.

Keep well and shoot straight!

HM

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
2019-11-13 17:17:09  

Most nights it's around 85 here, neither air, CO2 lose anything by sitting.

I agree that this thread is questionable.

Florida has very lax gun laws, but no way would I be carrying anything but low dollar -won't be missed - run of the mill anything.

NOT a rifle behind the seat, HARD to HIDE and ALWAYS in the way!

Go big when you go out...Taurus 608, first 2 of EIGHT holes contain shotshells. (notice the blue near rear sight?)

Tri-Plex rat shot(4-6-8s) acts like buffered buckshot, tight 6" pattern @15ft, killed all sorts of varmints DRT.

It WAS satin finish, I tried polishing it loooong ago (before I knew how) and without camera FLASH it looks real nice.

Not impressed by the Hogue grips, kinda warped around the backstrap.

Recently took the red dot off (mega battery carnage got on the frame too), need to put a holosight back on it.

Oranges don't have a prayer rested @100yds and make 'em take cover to infinity (and beyond) you'll know when the H110 loads come rollin round... HOT oh baby...

[img] [/img]

slight edit for clarity

There you have it, the world according to John.

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
2019-11-13 19:58:08  

My first thought was pumpers also.  Second thought was a well worn but in good mechanical condition Diana 34, Diana 45, Beeman R9, or BSA Supersport.  I might add one of the Slavia blue or red stocked 634s to that list.  Being a little less powerful it would be more fun for a long plinking session with my bad shoulders.

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
2019-11-14 04:09:14  

Immediately before the 608 was purchased my truck gun was a Marlin lever in 44 Mag.  Go big when you go out.

Laugh if you like, but it came in handy when the store I was working at was robbed by a guy who's catch phrase was "I AIN'T going BACK!"

Pellet gun againt a 250Lbs ex-con armed with a big wrench? GTFO! I mean it, GTFO of his way!

Somewhere between, I carried a Smith 10mm Auto, but some numb nutz cop dropped it on the asphalt during a traffic stop.

He had no respect for citizens right to carry, racked all the bullets out in the dirt, dropped the gun muzzle first. WOAH BUDDY was I pissed off.

Lots of cops showed up after I CALLED 911, a BIG TO-DO, and I was mad as hell about the whole thing.  Right then, right there.

They really were trying to confiscate my 10mm, on account of me being SOOOO mad, which never would have happened if he'd not dropped my prize gun.

Officer generated exigent circumstances anyone?

Gun-in-truck thread? Officer generated exigent circumstances is 100% on topic... you better be ready for it.

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
2019-11-14 04:29:10  

Find out if your state has "Duty to disclose" and since FL doesn't, I don't let them know unless asked.

"That's why they call it concealed Officer 😉 "

Now I refuse to hand over my weapon during a traffic stop.

"I'll get out Officer, but you aren't touching that gun, all due respect, that is my personal weapon. UNLESS you want to trade guns? Same time... I don't know you!"

"Wait... Glock? NO DEAL!"

I'm tellin' YOU, gun->in->truck equals officer generated exigent circumstances... you better be ready... and carry something you don't mind losing.

John <--- 100% on topic (weapons in vehicles) I've dealt with literally hundreds of LEOs while armed (workplace), estimate 70% have a bad reaction to ANYONE else being armed.

No way in hell I'd go through the hassle over a pellet gun.

ReplyQuote
Hector J Medina G
(@hector-j-medina-g)
Member of Trade
2019-11-14 08:53:36  

According to Cornell Law School:

"Exigent circumstances are exceptions to the general requirement of a warrant under the Fourth Amendment searches and seizures.  

In Missouri v. McNeely (2013), the Supreme Court clarified, "A variety of circumstances may give rise to an exigency sufficient to justify a warrantless search, including law enforcement's need to provide emergency assistance to an occupant of a home . . . engage in “hot pursuit” of a fleeing suspect . . . or enter a burning building to put out a fire and investigate its cause." 

Courts will typically look at the time when the officer makes the warrantless search or seizure to evaluate whether at that point in time a reasonable officer at the scene would believe it is urgent to act and impractical to secure a warrant. Courts may also consider whether the facts suggested that the suspect was armed and planning to escape, whether a reasonable police officer would believe his safety or others’ safety was threatened, and whether there was a serious crime involved.

Exigent circumstances may also occur when the police is in hot pursuit of a suspect who is possibly involved in criminal activities and in the process of fleeing.   "

Therefore, if the officer requests permission to search, or even if he demands it under "exigent circumstances" , your declaring that you have a "PELLET RIFLE'' (TSA's definition and therefore an officially sanctioned term that will be upheld in court), frees you from any responsibility in the officer's actions if he becomes UNREASONABLE.

As sad as it seems, it is the citizen's burden to  KNOW THE LOCAL LAW, and to remain calm, respectful, and reasonable; even when the LEO's are not.

You just reminded me why we don't live in FL and why some friends moved from FL to VT.

And, BTW, the answer to Harvey had to do with living in MN. Where temps at night drop just a little during the winter.

HM

ReplyQuote

Translate »

Please Login or Register