Tomahawk Scope ring...

Notifications
Clear all

Tomahawk Scope rings

KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)
Topic starter  

What rings are you using on a Birmingham Tommy? I'm interested in 2 piece. Due to the comb shape most of the high rings aren't tall enough to give a good view through the scope unless it's mounted too far forward for my preference.

My .22 Tommy came to me with, I believe, Webley rings. And they fit for me very well. Having acquired a Tommy in .25 I now need rings to mount a scope as high as my .22 rifle's scope. While shopping online I noticed it isn't always easy to find dimensions for various rings offered.

Thank you

sonnysan
(@sonnysan)

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sonnysan

https://www.bkltech.com/Scope-Rings-and-Mounts-s/2.htm

Is that what you used on your Tomahawk?

ReplyQuote
sonnysan
(@sonnysan)

It was a one piece. 

https://www.bkltech.com/BKl-1-6-Screw-Unitized-Dovetail-Mount-p/bkl-260.htm

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)
Topic starter  

Those are medium height. Too low. The comb is too high. Do you mean the 260H?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
sonnysan
(@sonnysan)

Then it must be the 260H.  I sold my .25 Tommie about 15 years ago.  I'm sure I still have the mount somewhere.  The only other time I've needed BKL high rings are on a FWB 601 FT.  You'll need the risers if it is still too low.  The scopes today are larger than the ones 20 years ago. 

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)
Topic starter  

Thank you.

Ok, now I know why I'm having some difficulty mounting a scope on my .25 Tommy. I laid it beside my .22 Tommy. Both are walnut. The comb on the .25 is almost 9/16" higher. Wow! Too high . I'm going to have to carve (rasp) it down. I thought it seemed awful high. Not too big a deal modern walnut Webleys always seem to need more finish to bring out the beauty. I'll have to strip the whole stock. And this stock is in real nice shape. Pretty nice piece of walnut. Not as nice as my awesome .22 though.

I can't believe they made this comb so high. Has to be a mistake. Purchased on eBag, the gun was sold "for a friend" of the seller so I have no direct contact with the previous owner. Doesn't matter anyway it's mine now and I'm glad to have it

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)
Topic starter  

See how high the comb is compared to my .22. Just wrong!

P1019994
P1019998

Better images of the figure on my .22 Tommy. Don't druel 😆 

It's hard to get pictures of this. The light and angle has to be just right.

P1010001
P1010003
P1010004
P1019999

ReplyQuote
DJNA
 DJNA
(@djna)

That stock is Gorgeous- got 2 very nice guns there. 

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)
Topic starter  

Thank you.  I just came in from my shop. I cut the comb down and reworked the cheekpiece to 240 grit. It came out great. Now I have to strip the stock and refinish.

ReplyQuote