Notifications
Clear all

Tomahawk .20  

RSS

Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
July 20, 2020 00:54:49  

Tomahawk .20 being shipped is my latest purchase from Mike Ellingsworth aka Mr Hatsan. Full Tuned, custom spring guide, trigger adjusted. Walther custom. 20 caliber barrel Crowned and barrel custom dressed.  Will have it in a few days now that it is completed. Looks great the brass tip shroud is a nice touch.

IMG 7253

IMG 7257

xmdx13x
(@xmdx13x)
July 20, 2020 13:48:54  

Congrats man, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. I've got one in .22, they're nice guns.

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
July 21, 2020 14:31:31  

I get the idea that people who have Tomahawks don't shoot them but don't sell them either.  It is rare to see one for sale and maybe more rare to see someone post about one.

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
Bill S.
(@tripleguy)
July 21, 2020 18:56:31  
Posted by: @davidenoch

I get the idea that people who have Tomahawks don't shoot them but don't sell them either.  It is rare to see one for sale and maybe more rare to see someone post about one.

David Enoch

I believe its a Turkish Tommy. The Brittish guns are rare.

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
July 22, 2020 20:30:43  

It's a Turkish one with the .20 Walther barrel. Complete custom rebuild and soft bedded. 

" theres a change in fps after I  re did  the  piston O ring cap  shes  now  at 850+"

A quote from the last message we shared before it was sent

Even the Turkish ones aren't easy to find.

ReplyQuote
Kingfisher
(@kingfisher)
July 23, 2020 19:32:08  

Mike Ellingsworth aka Mr Hatsan

SD

Congrats on the Tommy!  Mike is a wizard with those customizations.  He did a Webley Patriot (Turkish) .25 for me a few years back.  Converted it to a gas ram and tweaked the Quatro trigger.  Thing is freaking awesome!   And such a beast!  It's one of my never sell rifles. 

So, enjoy that beautiful Tomahawk.  If it's half the rifle Mike did for me,  you are one fortunate airgunner.

Septicdeath thanked
ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
July 23, 2020 20:43:46  

@kingfisher1961

Mike is a great guy. Have talked with him about many things. He is a asset to the airgun community.  Some of the best how to videos out there. With the care he has taken with this gun it will be awesome. We have collaborated on a video for this gun that will be on YouTube in a few weeks. I should have it on Saturday.  Very hyped

ReplyQuote
JohnnyPiston
(@johnnypiston)
July 23, 2020 21:32:49  

Excited for you man!

Agreed: Mike is a very cool guy, I always enjoy his videos and seeing what he's up to. 

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
July 24, 2020 22:06:44  
20200724 180324~2

I received my Tomahawk today. What a sweet gun. I have little brown streaks in my shorts!

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
July 26, 2020 19:01:19  

Here's a few groups from 20 yards the outside five the adjusted the dot. Middle two adjusted it again. Final five. Moved to 30 yards.and had decent  groups with a occasional flyer. 

Next  was the test for easy target acquisition. I use the good old  tin can. There about the size of a squirrel and you know when you hit them. 5 cans at 30 yard in six quick shots. Off of bipod shooting sticks. 

The gun has some power crony at  860 fps. Not a surprise it being over sized cylinders bore with a custom piston seal, spring and guide. Mike polished and adjusted the trigger. Which is very light. I will probably make it just a tiny heavier. Along with the soft bedding this gun has a buttery smooth firing cycle. You would not think theres a spring inside. It will only get better after a few hundred more pellets are put through  it. This rifle is a absolute joy to shoot. Definitely a keeper. 

Mike Ellingsworth did a fantastic job on this. With the care he takes on each project he is a top tuner and airgunsmith. Not only able to tune but also build one of a kind custom guns.

THANKS MIKE!

20200726 131251~3

ReplyQuote