The only constant i...

The only constant is change  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

ssssSnake
(@sssssnake)
2019-10-31 18:10:56  

Ok so I’m an Airgun nut.  Have been around high performance airguns most of my life.  Was once an active poster on the “old yellar”forum. Had an extensive Airgun collection that amounted to over 350 airguns at its peak.  I did not discriminate.  Liked all forms, springers, SSP, MSP, PCP, CO2.  If it lobbed a projectile, it captured my fascination.  Then things changed.   Wife and I started a family. Went through a long extensive/ expensive legal battle with a former business partner.   The Airgun addiction didn’t make reasonable sense.   I sold 95% of my collection.  Wanted to focus on my girls growing up with committed father through their formative years.  They are now 17 and 19 and coming into their own independence.

This breaks my heart but the only constant is change.

The  $ I had tied up in airguns was used to pay the lawyers for my legal battle.   I am now all through that and coming back to airguns.  All that was approximately 10  years ago. Holy crap how time flies.

It is amazing to me how much the Airgun industry has changed. PCP’s seem to dominate the market. The variety and brands are overwhelming.  I have always had a soft spot for springers, the elegant self reliant springer is the epitome of airgunning, in my opinion.  That said, I have been bitten pretty hard by the ease of use ( I’m now 54) in PCP’s.   I just bought an AA 200 and looking at another one already.  I have also just bought a Yong heng compressor. Wow, that’s some overwhelming research. Not sure I made the right choice but for the price, feel it was a low risk. Long term users have an opinion?

Of course the forums have changed dramatically as well. Old yellar was a high traffic place with a great vibe. There was some cohesiveness, yet a Wild West attitude.  It seems most of the forums are highly compartmentalizations now.  Somehow that takes away from the cohesiveness but I totally get it.

The only constant is change.

Anyway, thought I’ld throw my hat back in the ring a bit.  Love airguns, still have about 10 left from the old days.  I have my eye on about a dozen more.  Gonna explore the whole PCP craze for a bit.

Just bought the AA 200

Looking at 2 others (AA200) in slightly different configurations

Picking up a santa Rosa Beeman Kodiak .25 on Friday.

Bought a QB 78 from pyramid air

Bought a beautiful Crosman 160 complete with OEM peep from gun broker

Looking at marauder as well as Diana outlaw, and maybe some sort of Kral bull pup.

Would really like to find some shooting buddies in the Pacific Northwet (not a typo)

Anybody know of any Portland or SW Washington  Airgun clubs?

Any of my old Airgun cyber buddies still around?

ssssSnake

Topic Tags
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
2019-11-05 05:54:01  
Posted by: @sssssnake  I have a list of about a dozens guns I should not have sold.  That one was in the top 3.  argh!  How much?
Image result for DOCTOR EVIL

I traded a BSA (forget the model) with the nicest factory stock ever, for an AT44... been kicking myself ever since for getting sucked into the PCP BS...

There you have it, the world according to John.

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
bf1956
(@bf1956)
2019-11-06 09:41:15  

Quite the reunion, let's keep rollin!

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
ssssSnake
(@sssssnake)
2019-11-06 11:28:17  
Posted by: @bf1956

Quite the reunion, let's keep rollin!

Cool, you go first!  

what's the Ssssssssssstate of the Union?

ssssSnake

ReplyQuote
Bill S.
(@tripleguy)
2019-11-06 12:07:42  

I roll my own now.

"But I'll be needin that gun, fer squirrels and such."

ReplyQuote
straitflite
(@straitflite)
2019-11-09 10:21:05  

Good to see an old snake from the past! I always liked your style dude.

Bo

Bo

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
mildot 52
(@mildot-52)
2019-11-09 19:21:06  

nothing ever changes for the better. California a perfect example

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
2019-11-12 16:23:36  
Posted by: @tripleguy

I roll my own now.

Lemme guess..

Bright Virginia with a dash of Dark Smoked Kentucky and Smyrna? Or Izmir?

Can't get anything from Syria anymore, stupid war.

ReplyQuote
classicalgas
(@classicalgas)
2019-11-12 21:56:01  

@sssssnake

Snakey!! I wondered where you went. I've been scarce around here for the last couple years myself, this hobby doesn't have quite the pull for me it did  for me  for  most of  the last  forty five  years .

Time does fly,  my second set of kids are away at college now.

I didn't realize you were in this corner of the world, I'm up in Bellingham. I think I may have a couple of the airguns you sold, back when you were unloading. Sharp Ace? juki Grand Slam? Drop me a line if you're ever  up in this neck of the woods.

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
2019-11-13 11:57:40  

Oh.  My goodness.

He's BAAAAAAAAAAACK

I still have a certain 55 because of you (thank you)

and one of your creations... a fire piston.  Ssssso cool 😮 

Glad to read things have gotten sorted out. phew.  

All the very best,

Harv 

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
Bob in WV
(@bob-in-wv)
2019-11-13 20:07:06  

Welcome back Snake,  I too read your posts even though I don't post a lot.

Bob in WV

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
Bill S.
(@tripleguy)
2019-11-13 22:04:35  

"juki Grand Slam"

As Rob Prosio would ask, do you jerk your Juki? 

"But I'll be needin that gun, fer squirrels and such."

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
Mike Ellingsworth
(@4888blues)
2019-11-15 20:20:02  
Posted by: @sssssnake

Hi Snake

Mike Ellingsworth here  or 4888blues if  that rings a bell.

Yes  so much has changed including the old yellow  but I still stayed here, I just dont come around as often due  to other things taking  up my time.

I  dont remember  you but it doesn't matter, welcome back I am a springer addict myself

Mike Ellingsworth

My Youtube Channel

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
Diamondback
(@diamondback)
2019-11-15 21:13:46  

Greetings Brother ssssSnake!

Nice to see you posting again. We have all lived a life and tried to fit airgunning into it.

I hope things are well for you & yours.

You always seemed like a heck of a nice guy to me.

Truth is Stranger than Fiction...

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
Mike Ellingsworth
(@4888blues)
2019-11-15 21:19:05  

@diamondback

AHH Diamond back rings a bell LOL   what a pain getting  older  forgetting things

I  bet we emailed each  other at  one time.

Than you , I try my best   to be that nice guy in this  sport.

Mike E

My Youtube Channel

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
2019-11-16 06:20:26  

I vote Mike E. for nice guy!

ReplyQuote
Mike Ellingsworth
(@4888blues)
2019-11-16 08:28:02  
Posted by: @gratewhitehuntr

I vote Mike E. for nice guy!

Do you still shoot that hatsan 135  I sold you way back  when /  there's been a ship load  of airguns  come and go  since then LOL

My Youtube Channel

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
2019-11-16 10:10:47  

Love it, like a mega R9 in producing reliable consistent hits.

Unfortunately someone... em... "Power Closed" the barrel and it shoots high/left currently. That sinking feeling when you here a strange noise behind you... um... what did you just do?

I've been meaning to remove the barrel and assess the breech block to barrel alignment with the mill table and a surface gage.

Between the big ol T-nuts and milling machine clamps, I should be able to re-align without TOO much drama.

Maybe.

ReplyQuote
Mike Ellingsworth
(@4888blues)
2019-11-16 13:08:49  
Posted by: @gratewhitehuntr

Love it, like a mega R9 in producing reliable consistent hits.

Unfortunately someone... em... "Power Closed" the barrel and it shoots high/left currently. That sinking feeling when you here a strange noise behind you... um... what did you just do?

I've been meaning to remove the barrel and assess the breech block to barrel alignment with the mill table and a surface gage.

Between the big ol T-nuts and milling machine clamps, I should be able to re-align without TOO much drama.

Maybe.

You lost me  on the fix part,  I would bend the barrel to correct it if  its doable in a set up maybe using a press

hatsan blocks are THIN, I ve rebareld them for others  and let them do whatever adjusting via bending  if needed.

I think the 125 have  the same block  I can not remember now,  I should written  it down,  maybe you could grab a refurb but no telling what the barrel bore would be till you  got  it

My Youtube Channel

ReplyQuote
chardosmith
(@chardosmith)
2019-11-21 21:06:03  

Hey Sssssnake!  Good to hear you are back in the saddle again.   Been doing a lot of shooting lately.  NW Arkansas has an active airgun club and we shoot indoor metallic silhouette twice a month.  We are having our first FT match in about 15 years on Dec 8th!  Life is good.

Still shooting springs mostly,  but think PCP will start seeing an upsurge after buying my first compressor a month ago.    I'll always be a spring man,  but can't deny that a PCP is an accurate SOB.  If you are looking for some funky older springers,  give me a shout.  I have duplicates of several and looking to make a little more room.

-Arnold-

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
Larspawn
(@larspawn)
2019-11-28 12:53:34  

Wow. Welcome back Sssnake.  Awesome to see all the old timer names here as I drifted away for a long time and have kinda gotten back into Airguns.  Yeah Yellow lost a lot of active members but it’s good to see some names still keeping it going!

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
MikeV
(@paperpuncher)
2019-11-28 14:07:45  
Posted by: @sssssnake

Ok so I’m an Airgun nut.  Have been around high performance airguns most of my life.  Was once an active poster on the “old yellar”forum. Had an extensive Airgun collection that amounted to over 350 airguns at its peak.  I did not discriminate.  Liked all forms, springers, SSP, MSP, PCP, CO2.  If it lobbed a projectile, it captured my fascination.  Then things changed.   Wife and I started a family. Went through a long extensive/ expensive legal battle with a former business partner.   The Airgun addiction didn’t make reasonable sense.   I sold 95% of my collection.  Wanted to focus on my girls growing up with committed father through their formative years.  They are now 17 and 19 and coming into their own independence.

This breaks my heart but the only constant is change.

The  $ I had tied up in airguns was used to pay the lawyers for my legal battle.   I am now all through that and coming back to airguns.  All that was approximately 10  years ago. Holy crap how time flies.

It is amazing to me how much the Airgun industry has changed. PCP’s seem to dominate the market. The variety and brands are overwhelming.  I have always had a soft spot for springers, the elegant self reliant springer is the epitome of airgunning, in my opinion.  That said, I have been bitten pretty hard by the ease of use ( I’m now 54) in PCP’s.   I just bought an AA 200 and looking at another one already.  I have also just bought a Yong heng compressor. Wow, that’s some overwhelming research. Not sure I made the right choice but for the price, feel it was a low risk. Long term users have an opinion?

Of course the forums have changed dramatically as well. Old yellar was a high traffic place with a great vibe. There was some cohesiveness, yet a Wild West attitude.  It seems most of the forums are highly compartmentalizations now.  Somehow that takes away from the cohesiveness but I totally get it.

The only constant is change.

Anyway, thought I’ld throw my hat back in the ring a bit.  Love airguns, still have about 10 left from the old days.  I have my eye on about a dozen more.  Gonna explore the whole PCP craze for a bit.

Just bought the AA 200

Looking at 2 others (AA200) in slightly different configurations

Picking up a santa Rosa Beeman Kodiak .25 on Friday.

Bought a QB 78 from pyramid air

Bought a beautiful Crosman 160 complete with OEM peep from gun broker

Looking at marauder as well as Diana outlaw, and maybe some sort of Kral bull pup.

Would really like to find some shooting buddies in the Pacific Northwet (not a typo)

Anybody know of any Portland or SW Washington  Airgun clubs?

Any of my old Airgun cyber buddies still around?

ssssSnake

I'm in SE Portland.  Have a few springers and a few pcps.  I would love to shoot with someone.

MikeV

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
Northernairhead
(@northernairhead)
2019-11-29 07:51:22  

@paperpuncher

Awesome how you said all that, I totally get what your saying about the break barrels. I know you’re mentioning springers but I feel that way about my gas piston break barrels as well. I’ll never let my Hatsan 30cal go , it’s the walnut stock version and I love it, my Gamo Maxim as well . I have many more of them. I got the bug for pcp then the pcp big bores then pcp pistols. Yep I’m getting sizable collection. But I shoot my break barrels often, it’s almost therapeutic on Saturday afternoon or Sunday after a long week. And my 24 year old son and 21 year old daughter spend many Sunday afternoons target shooting out back of our property, we’ve got a nice little range established out there with picnic tables and fire pit, grill and it’s a lot of fun. I’m blessed. And happy for you that your back doing something you love. 👍 To bad we’re in Michigan, cause I’d be inviting you over. 

Northernairhead

ReplyQuote
willy1
(@willy1)
2019-11-29 09:42:28  

test

ReplyQuote
Breeze
(@breeze)
2019-12-02 13:57:37  

A class reunion? We always return no matter where we've been. 

Not sure which airgun s we bought and sold. But I do remember that bucket of rocks and small quartz pieces from California and you got some hessonite garnets. 

Still got six air rifles, 2 Springer's, 1 pumper and 3 inflatables. 

Since then I've got ahold of some chlorastrolite, psynomoline and found some local Itacalumite. 

ssssSnake thanked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2

Please Login or Register