Notifications

Sweet spot  

RSS

josh3rd
( @josh3rd )
2020-02-11 00:02:21  

How does one find the "sweet spot" when it comes to pcp's? I am a true springer man and fan but as many of you may know, I now have a 22cal game urban and now a chrony.

I always see/read about tuning their pcp to the sweet spot. So for one, what is a sweet spot? Where is the sweet spot? And how does one get to the sweet spot? 

I assume the sweet spot changes with pellet choice so therefore the pellets I have are 15gr and 18gr jsb and sniper lights. 

What do I hope or want to achieve?

1)good accuracy which the jsbs have shown so far

2) well I would like the best blend of power and shot counit like 30-35 shots per fill but I'm negotiable. 

3) Usages? Pesting fom 10-60yds and target shooting from 20yds-100yds. 

if i left anything out that I haven't accounted for please forgive me and let me know. Thank you in advance

scratchit thanked
Topic Tags
pluric
( @pluric )
2020-02-11 10:59:46  

" So for one, what is a sweet spot? Where is the sweet spot? And how does one get to the sweet spot?"

Josh, that is the mystery of life. Oh wait, you said "sweet spot. Never mind. 😳 

Okay, to me it's were the gun is the most efficient. Find the speed that has the best accuracy without crazy fps. Often times all you are doing is wasting air. It also includes pellet testing. The best weight and brand and then go for efficient speed. A lot of the fun of the sport is playing around with the combinations to hit the perfect balance for a particular gun.

Clean your barrel well before starting.

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
josh3rd
( @josh3rd )
2020-02-12 13:47:13  

Gotcha brother

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
scratchit
( @scratchit )
2020-02-12 13:50:23  

This may involve a slightly lower fill pressure than might be stamped on your gun.....

Perhaps contrary to some folks reasoning...just sayin’ (wink)

pfunny you should jog this bit of my mammories......

in a discussion long ago, about regulators, some wise man somewhere referred to regulators as ......fiddly bits

Can’t quite recall who, or where .... grand wizard possibly or some vizier

ReplyQuote