Notifications

SeeAll open sights  

RSS

Septicdeath
( @septicdeath )
2020-02-09 19:26:05  

I was thinking about trying one of theses on one of my break barrel rifles. Have any of you had any experience with these on your rifles.

61OjBOeShVL. AC SL1500

scratchit thanked
Topic Tags
ekmeister
( @ekmeister )
Member of Trade
2020-02-09 22:18:38  

@septicdeath

I found a thread from about 2 years ago that I remember reading back then. My efforts to attach such things aren't always successful. But, let's see what happens:

https://airgunwarriors.com/community/airgun-talk/see-all-open-sight/

And, these days, YouTube is always worth a look. There was a time there wasn't much of anything related to air guns on there. But now, the opposite is pretty much true. You can find almost anything on there.

(Merely a footnote in passing: I'll be happy when Webster et al recognize 'air gun' as either one word OR two. From what I've seen so far, using it as a single word is incorrect. I seem to remember that when the usage of a word or phrase becomes common-enough and easily-recognizable in a language, it's accepted as being correct).

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
K_sqrd
( @k_sqrd )
2020-02-10 11:59:55  

Here's a link to a review that was done when these first came out. It might be an interesting read.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2014/03/see-all-open-sight-part-6/

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
awilde
( @alex-from-upstate-ny )
2020-02-10 12:12:59  

I bought two of the original style ones, one in Delta and the other in Crosshair. For pistol I didn't care much for the Delta since the further away the sight was from your eyes the larger and larger the delta triangle got (it was huge with an isosceles stance), crosshair version wasn't so bad though. For a rifle the delta is great, or possibly if you were doing much tighter holds to your body using a pistol.

What I thought was neat about the sights is that they gave a similar sighting style to standard open sights but without having to keep the target fuzzy, which for me at least was a nice plus. I'd be in a little bit of a toss up as to how accurate you can be with them, for me I'm considerably better with a red dot than either of the see all sights when it comes to precision shooting. It would probably be just fine for pesting or spinners/reactive targets where you just want to be inside a general ball park to hit.

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
( @septicdeath )
2020-02-24 20:07:08  

SeeAll sights unboxing and first look

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
( @septicdeath )
2020-02-24 22:36:17  

Quick sighting and shoot. 

ReplyQuote