Notifications
Clear all

SeeAll open sights  

RSS

Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
February 9, 2020 19:26:05  

I was thinking about trying one of theses on one of my break barrel rifles. Have any of you had any experience with these on your rifles.

61OjBOeShVL. AC SL1500

scratchit thanked
Topic Tags
ekmeister
(@ekmeister)
Member of Trade
February 9, 2020 22:18:38  

@septicdeath

I found a thread from about 2 years ago that I remember reading back then. My efforts to attach such things aren't always successful. But, let's see what happens:

https://airgunwarriors.com/community/airgun-talk/see-all-open-sight/

And, these days, YouTube is always worth a look. There was a time there wasn't much of anything related to air guns on there. But now, the opposite is pretty much true. You can find almost anything on there.

(Merely a footnote in passing: I'll be happy when Webster et al recognize 'air gun' as either one word OR two. From what I've seen so far, using it as a single word is incorrect. I seem to remember that when the usage of a word or phrase becomes common-enough and easily-recognizable in a language, it's accepted as being correct).

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
K_sqrd
(@k_sqrd)
February 10, 2020 11:59:55  

Here's a link to a review that was done when these first came out. It might be an interesting read.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2014/03/see-all-open-sight-part-6/

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
awilde
(@alex-from-upstate-ny)
February 10, 2020 12:12:59  

I bought two of the original style ones, one in Delta and the other in Crosshair. For pistol I didn't care much for the Delta since the further away the sight was from your eyes the larger and larger the delta triangle got (it was huge with an isosceles stance), crosshair version wasn't so bad though. For a rifle the delta is great, or possibly if you were doing much tighter holds to your body using a pistol.

What I thought was neat about the sights is that they gave a similar sighting style to standard open sights but without having to keep the target fuzzy, which for me at least was a nice plus. I'd be in a little bit of a toss up as to how accurate you can be with them, for me I'm considerably better with a red dot than either of the see all sights when it comes to precision shooting. It would probably be just fine for pesting or spinners/reactive targets where you just want to be inside a general ball park to hit.

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
February 24, 2020 20:07:08  

SeeAll sights unboxing and first look

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
February 24, 2020 22:36:17  

Quick sighting and shoot. 

ReplyQuote
marflow
(@marflow)
February 25, 2020 02:24:46  

you are right they are very nicely made and i agree that they will take a learning curve to make them work for you 

are they better then open sights, i'm on the fence but for a rifle, pistol that has none or poor sight they are a very good option 

but they have a mounting system that is a bit odd 

they slip over a Weaver-Pinatinny rail and then 2 set screws push it up to trap it in place, dovetail mounts are, could be a problem or impossible 

so thank for the video and keep us post on how your learning goes 

take care mike

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
February 25, 2020 02:51:18  

@marflow

I think they will work better than iron sights as soon as I can figure out the eye thing. They seem to work better with both eyes open. And I need to adjust them slightly more. I will keep everyone updated. 

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
March 1, 2020 19:54:11  
Update on Seeall mk1

So I finally decided that I would keep the Seeall on my Hatsan 135 .30 after shooting it last time I noticed the screws had loosened I little. I cleaned and loctited them. Today I went out and shot it without any resighting. Here are the results from 25ft and 30 yards. The shots were taken in quick succession.

Tomorrow  I will take it out for a fine tune on the sight.

After you figure out this thing it's pretty sweet. its different in the fact it covers some of the target. But get the tip of the triangle on your target and shoot your going to hit it. Keep both you eyes open.

I do like it and it's a good alternative to iron sights. Especially for quick target acquisition.

5 shots at 25ft
3 shots at 30 yard a dime would cover

Modify message

20200301 164618~2

ReplyQuote
airmojo
(@airmojo)
March 3, 2020 18:16:41  

Interesting... I would expect closer groups at 25 feet than 30 yards... ?

ReplyQuote
Cruisers
(@cruisers)
March 6, 2020 18:08:54  

I noticed that too. Are the targets reversed?

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
March 26, 2020 20:28:19  

Today I shot my Hatsan 135 .30. It is fitted with the SeeAll Mk1 sight.  Here is my first six from 30+ yards.

20200326 153951~2

ReplyQuote