Romanian pioneer .1...

Notifications
Clear all

Romanian pioneer .177

Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
Topic starter  

Pioneer Romanian youth training gun .177 This one was dated 1982 and is in 95% condition. I asked them to send me a nice one. They outdid themselves.

This is a small air gun. It’s 37.25 inches long with a pull of about 13.25 inches. The barrel is 15.25 inches. The last bit is just a muzzle brake. The gun weighs 4.25 lbs., and the cocking effort is just 10 lbs.

It has a rifled barrel. And sling swivels. And a manual safety. And sights adjustable for elevation. The breech detent is a ball bearing, and the breech seal is a standard o-ring, that I replaced with one I found at the hardware store, as the one it came with was mashed on one side.

With 7.8-grain Crosman wadcutter the rifle averaged 520 f.p.s. The range was from 486 to 545. ten shots.,

SOME HISTORY OF YOUNG PIONEERS
https://allthatsinteresting.com/young-pioneers-soviet-union

20201211 134554

(@lefteyeshot)

I've seen these in ads before. I want one. Where'd you order it and how much.

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @lefteyeshot

I've seen these in ads before. I want one. Where'd you order it and how much.

$47.95

https://whatacountry.com/romanian-pionier-air-rifle-177-caliber.aspx

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)

I had one of those for a while. I don’t remember what I was trying to do with it, but I took it apart and put it back together several times. They are fun little rifles that I prefer the Slavia 618.

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
MDriskill
(@mdriskill)

Interesting! That one is in great condition, would enjoy seeing some more pics.

Nice story on the Young Pioneers, too. I surmise the rifle was made for similar groups in Romania?

Septicdeath thanked
ReplyQuote
(@markinswmo)

What kind of accuracy are you getting?  I find myself wanting one but not sure why.  Part of me asks "what for?" while another part of me says "but it's only $50".

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @markinswmo

What kind of accuracy are you getting?  I find myself wanting one but not sure why.  Part of me asks "what for?" while another part of me says "but it's only $50".

Its actually surprising its pretty accurate at 25ft that is all I've shot it at. And only about 30 times. I wanted it for my vintage airgun collection,  and for $50 I thought how could I go wrong. I'm glad I made the purchase. 

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mdriskill

Interesting! That one is in great condition, would enjoy seeing some more pics.

Nice story on the Young Pioneers, too. I surmise the rifle was made for similar groups in Romania?

ReplyQuote
(@lefteyeshot)

Ordered me one. $67.85 With shipping.

Septicdeath thanked
ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
Topic starter  

Sweet 👍

ReplyQuote
(@lefteyeshot)

I read about the gummy like seal. Looking at your video I see it has no scope grooves. Maybe re-finish the stock I'm thinking new spring, leather seals, piston and breach, AK sling, slip over recoil pad, scout scope on a barrel accessory mount with a one piece off set see thru mount. Got all that stuff in the parts ben. Got the same setup on a .22 Pleasure KS-1(B2), a .177 TS45 sidelever and a .177 Peak B3-1 AK sidelever.

AK already has a AK recoil pad. These are old guns with no scope grooves. The Ak doesn't have that weird scope mount like on the Mrod B5 AK. My BAM B3-1 AK has that type scope mount. It actually works pretty good. Another Frankinstien gun.

I have an RS2 dual cal with pistol scopes on the barrels and AR type flip up open sights on two other barrels from a pawn shop Silver Kodiak. Gave the rest of the gun to a bud needed the trigger. All of it in a large soft case along with a regular scope and a bi-pod if I want to use them.

Some people may know the chrome barrels are a little loose in the blued RS2's. A breach seal over the skinny part of the barrel tightens the barrel right up.

Fun stuff and to much time on my hands. Later.

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
Topic starter  

Pioneer Romanian youth training gun .177 This one was dated 1969

This is a small air gun. It’s 35.25 inches long with a pull of about 13.25 inches. The barrel is 14.25 inches. The last bit is just a muzzle brake. The gun weighs 3.75 lbs., and the cocking effort is just 10 lbs or less

It has a rifled barrel. And a manual safety. And sights adjustable for elevation. The breech detent is a ball bearing, and the breech seal is a standard o-ring that replaced the leather one. The stock is made from a dark brown bakelite.

A later variant of this rifle was made with a wood stock. Was slightly larger and a bit more powerful. The rear sights different and had swivels for a rifle strap.

SOME HISTORY OF YOUNG PIONEERS
https://allthatsinteresting.com/young-pioneers-soviet-union

LINK TO VIDEO OF LATER WOOD STOCK PIONEER VARIANT

ReplyQuote