Question for you FX...

Notifications
Clear all

Question for you FX Impact MK2 fans  

RSS

Bill Day
(@bill-day)
2020-02-19 16:25:08  

If one buys a FX Impact MK2 in .177 can he buy a 25 or 30 caliber setup (Barrel, Probe, ect) to turn it into a more powerful airgun? Just wondering how flexible the platform is.

pluric
(@pluric)
2020-02-19 16:32:33  

Yes. That's the whole beauty of the gun. Very versatile. I have the .22, .25 and .30 barrels. Easy to switch out. And several power adjustment options to adapt to the caliber change.

Make sure you get the "power plenum" upgrade. 

ReplyQuote
Bill Day
(@bill-day)
2020-02-20 06:20:49  

@pluric

Thanks Pluric, I knew you could swap barrels on the Impact but I wasn't sure a .177 would inter-change all the way up to 30 caliber. I have always favored the FX Impact from it's introduction but as new models hit the market it is always nice to have all the bugs worked out of them first. I'm thinking it's time to try one especially with all that flexibility.  

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)
2020-02-20 09:21:34  

They are working on a 9mm barrel now. Quite a range to go from .177-9mm on one gun. I was at an indoor shooting competition last night and I'd say 90% of the guns were Impacts. I think a big reason was the high capacity magazines. They use to try and cater to the 8 round magazine of the Wildcat. Kept the course geared to 8 shots or a mandatory mag change to keep the playing field even. Not anymore. Several sections were 60 seconds to hit as many targets as possible. 8-12 shot magazine guns were really at a disadvantage with magazine changes.

In the real world the high capacity magazines are a convenience, but not a deal breaker to me. 

I am a bit biased. I have a couple Impacts, my son, son-in-law and nephew use them as their primary gun as well. So yes, I'm a bit of a fan boy. 😀 

Have they been 100% reliable?, no. Have they been worth putting up with a few issues?, to me yes.

ReplyQuote