Newer HW 30S Wood S...

Notifications
Clear all

Newer HW 30S Wood Stocks !

TomCin
(@tomcin)
Topic starter  

So how many of you really like the New cut out wood stock on the HW30S rifles ! I prefer the HW30S Deluxe from AOA myself . Its getting harder to find any type of HW30S rifle. Out of Stock and Backordered is a Common Thing !

bilrus61
(@bilrus61)

I like the new stocks myself. I think it saves a couple of ounces. But the HW30s deluxe is the nicest of them all but I think they are in the past.

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)

They're using a lower grade of beech. Makes the gun look cheap. All those flecks and medulary rays. 😝 Get the Beeman R7. At least the wood doesn't look like so "Cheapy Chinese". Yet

ReplyQuote
Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

Can't say that the new style HW30S (or HW50S) stock does anything for me. I prefer the look of a traditional wood and steel sporter and just can't see the point of sticking a bench rest style stock on a sporting rifle. Guess I'm just old fashioned. 😉🙂 

Also agree with KWK about the quality of beech these days. Seems like a good share of the beech stocks you see now are pretty bland.

ReplyQuote
bilrus61
(@bilrus61)

Oh I love those flecks and medulary rays! I had a CZ scout that was all rays. Exibition beech I called it. It is now in the possession of a barefoot Amish boy now. Is there any better life on this earth than a 10 year old Amish boy on a farm with a .22 and a pond full of catfish? They don't seem to be into air guns at all. I might try to change that with a crossman pellet pistol.

ReplyQuote