Need advice on an A...

Notifications
Clear all

Need advice on an AA S410 Classic (bolt action)  

RSS

Kevin Lentz
(@klentz)
2020-02-21 18:43:53  

Hey guys I'm stumped and would appreciate some advice.  I recently bought an AA S410 Classic, bolt action with the pre T-bar fill adapter.  The fill valve is covered by a fill adapter that you depress the collar to attach then once the gun is filled with air you retract the collar on the fill adapter to remove it from the fill valve/gun.

After receiving the gun I filled it with one of my carbon fiber tanks, bled the hose, removed the hose from the fill adapter and tried to remove the fill adapter from the gun.  Wouldn't budge.  Seller of the gun said that had never happened before.  Thought the check valve in the male fill valve might have stuck open allowing air pressure to prevent the removal of the adapter.

Ordered a new male fill valve from Best Fittings, shot the gun out of air and replaced the fill valve today.  Aired the gun up again with the new fill valve and still can't remove the fill adapter.  I can't even begin to budge the collar in order to remove this adapter.

I'm frustrated and out of ideas.  Any suggestions as to why this fill adapter won't come off?

scratchit thanked
Faucetguy
(@faucetguy)
2020-02-22 22:40:23  

Feel your feel your pain.  No idea , sorry.

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
scratchit
(@scratchit)
2020-02-22 23:15:51  

Hi guy, I’m not familiar with that gun/fill rig but....

Sounds to me like you’re using some kind of fill probe w/foster adapter.  Of course the guns fill port has a check valve to keep the air you just pumped in, in.

I’m curious about the fill rig, specifically the foster adapter.  Some foster adapters have a check valve built in, some not.

could the guns check valve not be closin’ and possibly the one, in some foster fitting that may not be there, does close?  If so, that might lock the probe w/adapter in the gun.....maybe??

Bon Chance

ReplyQuote
Kevin Lentz
(@klentz)
2020-02-23 09:36:08  

Bon Chance,

Excellent point.  There is a foster adapter that came with the fill adapter.  If it has a check valve that could explain the problem.  Need to shot the air out of the gun AGAIN and check it.  Thank you for the response.

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
scratchit
(@scratchit)
2020-02-23 11:39:00  

@klentz

yeah, I dislike having to shoot a gun empty.  I worry about peening the valve stem.....

I can see where this could happen; gathering all the ancillary accessories in preparation to ship and grabbing some fitting hopefully facilitating the new owners initial experience.

Usually pay extra for the fittin’s w/check valve.

ReplyQuote