My Diana 430l story...

Notifications
Clear all

My Diana 430l story...  

RSS

tallpaul
(@tallpaul)
2020-01-12 17:54:36  

So a month or so back I had just got done spending my Christmas money for my toys as I was reading a subforum at the high road. I saw mention of the AOA deal of 149.00 … I lasted a whole day before I ordered after reading the little that was available. I told a neighbor kid in his 30's about it- I had introduced him to the world of quality airguns a few years back... I thought of getting a second- well the day I received the first I placed another order for 2  🙂 

I played with the first a lil bit and have been shooting short range in the basement. It was a lil twangy but not terrible at all really but I did call Vortek and asked if his 430 kit fits? He was not sure but did not know why it would not so I ordered one... installed it as is and WOW- a solid smooth thud and about 820fps VERY nice! I plan on taking her down and shortening the spring a coil at least. I hope to smooth the cocking and making the firing cycle even a lil bit better... I am not sure how it could really 🙂 I will spend some time smoothing edges n such- I did none of that yet- just threw the kit in after lubing the kit. 

I bought several of the diana droop mounts- got the kid one and I have the one mounted and the cheap dot on the gun I have been shooting. I like this gun a lot- I am glad I bought a second and am fighting a urge to get another 🙂 restraint is not a strong suit of mine! 

Hector J Medina G
(@hector-j-medina-g)
Member of Trade
2020-01-15 18:59:09  
Posted by: @tallpaul

So a month or so back I had just got done spending my Christmas money for my toys as I was reading a subforum at the high road. I saw mention of the AOA deal of 149.00 … I lasted a whole day before I ordered after reading the little that was available. I told a neighbor kid in his 30's about it- I had introduced him to the world of quality airguns a few years back... I thought of getting a second- well the day I received the first I placed another order for 2  🙂 

I played with the first a lil bit and have been shooting short range in the basement. It was a lil twangy but not terrible at all really but I did call Vortek and asked if his 430 kit fits? He was not sure but did not know why it would not so I ordered one... installed it as is and WOW- a solid smooth thud and about 820fps VERY nice! I plan on taking her down and shortening the spring a coil at least. I hope to smooth the cocking and making the firing cycle even a lil bit better... I am not sure how it could really 🙂 I will spend some time smoothing edges n such- I did none of that yet- just threw the kit in after lubing the kit. 

I bought several of the diana droop mounts- got the kid one and I have the one mounted and the cheap dot on the gun I have been shooting. I like this gun a lot- I am glad I bought a second and am fighting a urge to get another 🙂 restraint is not a strong suit of mine! 

The Vortek 430 kit was born a few years ago for the special 0.20" cal run of Stutzens that were brought into the country. Coupled with a "Black Ops" piston seal that has since been superseded.

ALL 430's are the same internally, so the 430 kits will fit the Stutzen, the 440 and the 430 L as well.

Essentially, it is the same spring as Cameron and Rodger have been using though, in a different guide and slightly longer, it does make more power.

I am very glad you like the 430L it is a nice gun that still has a lot of potential for careful hot-rodding.

Keep us posted!

HM

ReplyQuote
tallpaul
(@tallpaul)
2020-01-15 20:03:07  

Hi Hector- I actually met you at a couple of the pyramid air cups a few years back 🙂 I can blame you for my getting a few of these. I am not looking to hot rod these at all I want to detune them a bit. If it can get easier to cock and have this nice shot cycle I will be very happy for it to be in the 700 fps range- it is a sweet spot for a lot of .177 pellets I think.  For the money AOA had em for I dont see anyone loosing! Tinker-no tinker is a win-win! other than the cocking effort for some- even I wont mind easing that up a bit!

Thanks for your early work and sharing on these even if ya are an enabler 🙂

ReplyQuote