My brother and I sp...

Notifications
Clear all

My brother and I spent the afternoon with our FWB 124Ds

DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
Topic starter  

My brother Bryan came over and spent the day at my house today. I helped him with a few software problems in the morning.

After lunch I dug out a long neglected FWB 124D. I had removed and sold the scope that was on it. So, also dug out a Bushnell 4x12 Trophy scope and a one piece mount. When I got to my shooting benches Bryan laughed and pulled out his 124 that was almost identical to mine. I sighted in as Bryan started shooting. Soon we were both shooting pretty good groups. Both of these 124s shoot best with the cheap Crosman pointed pellets. The best group of the day was at 30 yards, a one hole group that looked like it was drilled with a 3/8” diameter drill bit and most groups were in the 1/2” range. Bryan also adjusted the trigger on my rifle and made it much better. 

After we got done shooting Bryan helped me relocate my large 4500 PSI compressor. I had it located in a part of my shop without a 220 outlet. We moved it over close to a 220 outlet which will be very handy. 

Just thought I would share a fun day. 

David Enoch

allan dalton thanked
Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

Sounds like the two of you had a good day. And that's pretty cool that you unknowingly ended up with nearly identical guns. Sounds like some pretty good shooting, too! 👍 

ReplyQuote
KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)

Nice to spend time with siblings. I have 5 brothers and 4 sisters. I don't see them as much since Mom and Dad are gone.

Yeah, you have to know how to adjust a FWB 124 trigger and then it's good to go. A lot of them out there aren't adjusted right and the owners don't know how. So they get a bad rap.

Glad your brother did yours for you. No wonder you weren't shooting it.

The trigger was waaay off when I got mine . It was just horrible. No first stage. Just 1/4 inch of creep.  Now it's a crisp and sweet 2 stage.

ReplyQuote
airgunwizard
(@airgunwizard)

Thanks for sharing David.  I have a few 124s And I love them,  The 124 was the cream of the crop back in the day and to guys like me they are still one of the springers that have come down the pike.

Some folks today just parrot what they hear on the net about the 124 with NO first hand knowledge of their own... That said its everywhere. I always keep my eyes peeled for another one at a fair price.

Thanks for sharing

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
Topic starter  

I have always said that the FWB 124 will be the last airgun I sell.  It is not my best or favorite, but it is almost as easy to cock as an R7 with almost the power of an R9 and weights somewhere in between.  Also, no fill equipment required!

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
Topic starter  

Group of the day (trigger finger for size reference).  5 shots at 30 yards.

FWB 124D Group 30yd 5 Shot Group

ReplyQuote
airgunwizard
(@airgunwizard)

Darn fine shooting David.. A fine shooting 124 you have there.

Well done sir.

ReplyQuote
Kingfisher
(@kingfisher)

David

Sounds like a good time spent with your brother.   Bryan is top notch.  Wish my brothers liked to shoot.

124s are my favorite rifle.  When in the right hands....well that picture says it all.

Thanks for sharing. ...now let's see those 2 identical 124Ds!

ReplyQuote