Leshiy II first imp...

Notifications
Clear all

Leshiy II first impressions

pluric
(@pluric)
Topic starter  

I ordered mine as a .22 with the short barrel. I have the first gen single shot as a .25. Comes in a nicely foamed box.

Leshiy e

While waiting for it I'd purchased Optisan 3-12X32 scope. It's lighter than the UTG Compact with rings. Speaking of, I had trouble with eye relief on my gen I. I found that by reversing cantilever rings it moved the scope back enough that I had enough eye relief. Did the same with this gun.

Leshiy c

Most put the included magazine holders on the lower air tank. I am going to replace it so I put them on the upper rail. After playing around with it I'm finding it's way easy to load the magazine on the gun using a .22 pellet pen by Air Venturi. Each pen holds enough for a double refill. So I think I'm going to use them rather than by extra magazines at $90 a pop.

leshiy h
Leshiy k

There is a mag cover that is held in place by a magnet. Personally I can't get it off with the edge of my finger nail. So I did a MacGyver magnetic remover. Home Depot had strong magnets with a hole in the center.  I put a ground shorter SS hole screw in it with quick set epoxy. Wrist band to wear it and it also stores at the back of the gun.

Leshiy m
Leshiy l

My son had given me a FX mini bottle for Christmas knowing I had the gun on order. It would not screw on all the way. they thread it enough for the FX valve and though you can see threads they must taper in towards the end. Missed sealing by about 1/8 of an inch. Bought a M18 1.5 pitch tap and finished the threading. Fit perfect after that. Heads up, FX bottles are really rated for 250 bar. The bottles Edgun West sells are already tapped and are rated for 3 bar. Photo with the larger bottle.

Leshiy j

I filled it to 250 bar and got 64 shots down to 100 bar. Huge improvement. I think before I was just getting into the 20's with the stock air tank starting at 250 bar. It's rated to 3 bar.

The trigger is interesting. Has a firm stop, then a reasonably light pull to fire. No sear to release it pushes a bar that opens the valve. Hammerless system. Works fine, just a slight adjustment getting use to the feel. If you didn't think about it you may not even notice the difference.

Auto advance guns are so easy to shoot a lot of lead! It's just too addicting! 🤣 I had a FX Monsoon and felt the magazine was too low a shot count at 12. My Huben is 19, better, but this gun is 8. All calibers, 8. That goes by FAST when you are killing paper or targets. I bought the gun to be a pester so hopefully I can control myself better in the field.

Factory settings has it shooting JSB 18.13 at 825 fps. Brian recommended them. Said the gun does not like Hades.

I know, blah, blah, blah DOES IT SHOOT? 😀 Yes! Keep in mind this is not meant to be a match grade gun in accuracy or trigger feel. It's a hunter. Rock solid feel and just makes you smile shooting it.

I only have 28 yards in my backyard so here is an example. I'm pretty sure the dime miss was my bad.

Leshiy n

Compared to the single load .25 Leshiy.

leshiy b

Mine originally had some cycling issues. Brian at Edgun West has been fantastic to explain what to adjust. He even returned a call Valentines Sunday! With his instructions it has been shooting fine. It was 28 degrees outside and that may have been part of the issue.

pluric
(@pluric)
Topic starter  

Tried a couple other pellets today. The FX Hybrids shot well but are a little loose in the magazine. With the mag on the gun it would drop one into the barrel. I'm assuming off the gun they could fall out of the magazine. Compared to the 18gr JSB my poa was the top of the 3" shoot-n-C. That's an inch in a half holdover at 28 yards. Still shot a bit low.

Leshiy q

Brian, at Edgun West, had told me it didn't care for JSB Hades pellets. He was right. Group opened up.

Leshiy p

ReplyQuote
(@roger-wilson)

nice Leshiy , nice write up

pluric thanked
ReplyQuote
(@roger-wilson)

nice gun & write up  & shooting, can i ask what the cure was for the cycling ?

pluric thanked
ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @roger-wilson

nice gun & write up  & shooting, can i ask what the cure was for the cycling ?

This video will help explain. It's really a fine adjustment and easy to do. Mine will sometimes still have a stalled cycle on the first magazine after sitting. No big deal I just nudge the magazine and it's off and shooting again. I just got back from an iguana hunt in Puerto Rico. I shot it A LOT! It maybe did it three times out of 200 shots.

ReplyQuote