Leishy 2 owners inp...

Notifications
Clear all

Leishy 2 owners input

TLU
 TLU
(@tlu)
Topic starter  

This Leishy looks to be exceptional. I just would like input from Leishy 2 owners. Love it, like it, any problems? I have read the thread from someone that will never have another Edgun and had problems with Edgun West. Just want real input from Leishy 2 owners only. Thanks for any input. EA 

roger wilson thanked
Topic Tags
Citizen K
(@citizen-k)
Administrator

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

I took my new Leshiy II to an indoor shooting event last night. I wasn't planning on using it in the competition because I didn't think they allowed auto cocking guns. It was a low key event and it turned they wouldn't have minded it's use. I didn't think it was fair on the timed events. I only mention this because I let a lot of shooters try it out. Honestly, I've never heard the phrase "I gotta get me one of these" so many times. 😀 

To say it was well received would be an understatement. Off hand, rested and rapid fire it was well tested. I was loading magazines as fast as I could.

The owner of Utah Airguns has one on order and I promised him I would bring mine when it arrived. He was all grins playing with it.

I wouldn't base not buying an Edgun on one persons alleged bad experience. My Gen I has been flawless. As far as Brian at Edgun West I've never had an issue. If he doesn't answer his phone I get a return call in a reasonable time. I mentioned in my "Leshiy II First impression" review he even returned my text message multiple times on Valentines Sunday.

While I'm happy with the gun I will say I'm still having an occasional cycling issue. So random, if it won't shoot I just barely push the magazine and it's fine. I can shoot 8 magazines and maybe have it do it twice. Brian has had me adjust the trigger stop, very simple, and that has greatly reduced the issue.

I would also recommend the larger air tank. Partly the novelty of rapid fire and so many people trying it out I was glad I didn't have to re-fill the air tank as well as the magazine.

I guess think really hard as to what you want to use the gun for. It's amazing for what it is but the cost puts you in the range of some really nice guns. I enjoy local competitions and they can have you shooting out to 200 yards. Bench rest challenges and such. While accurate, I wouldn't personally consider using the Leshiy for these events. For the best compact hunter/pester out there I think Edgun NAILED it! 

cavedweller thanked
ReplyQuote
TLU
 TLU
(@tlu)
Topic starter  

Great to hear

ReplyQuote
TLU
 TLU
(@tlu)
Topic starter  

I’m on the Leshiy 2 List.

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

Good for you!

I'm just finishing a travel case for mine to go to Puerto Rico next month. I am going to introduce it to some iguanas. 😉

Leshiy o

ReplyQuote
TLU
 TLU
(@tlu)
Topic starter  

@pluricexcellent. I hear they are good eating.

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

Posted by: @tlu

@pluricexcellent. I hear they are good eating.

They call them "Chicken of the trees". I just hope they are as good a shootn' as the videos show.

ReplyQuote
cavedweller
(@cavedweller)

Iguana is definitely good eating.... at least in Cuba.

I have an EDGUN Leyla (newest version) in .25 with a Dedal Stalker scope that zeros in on a bullseye like teenagers popping zits.

I am thinking about getting the EDGUN Leishy 2 (newest gen) myself, but i need to sell my current EDGUN Leyla if i am going to step up.

Other than looking like a star wars storm trooper gizmo, Edguns products are amazing air rifles that are very well balanced, and built like tanks. Perhaps that's why so few are available used?

ReplyQuote
roger wilson
(@roger-wilson)

watching

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

ReplyQuote
roger wilson
(@roger-wilson)

pluric, looks like you guys had a good time,  thanks for the pic's, roger

pluric thanked
ReplyQuote
IriePyri
(@iriepyri)

@pluric May I know what brand case you used.

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)

Posted by: @pluric

They call them "Chicken of the trees".

Not to be confused with "chicken of the woods" Laetiporus sulphureus, another chicken which doesn't taste like chicken.

https://live.staticflickr.com/2020/1545262719_9335f95601.jpg

I was hoping to find someone local with interest, asked a bunch of rando Puerto Ricans, about eating iguana. Unanimous "NO!"

Central Americans joke about beer and BBQ or they'll tell you that "REAL chicken is cheap at the store, tastes better."

While writing this post...trying to find info written in Spanish, for a Puerto Rican who, while building a chicken fence (sOmEoNe)

decided to machete the root buttresses of a tree this size, 20 feet away from his house. Epic choppage.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d2/5a/45/d25a456ebf5dbfb44eea893efd2d165e.jpg

An emotional reaction overtook me when I saw the wound. He was completely confused.

For those not in the know, quit damaging the bases of your trees.  Sad to say, I'm going today to tell him a 200-250 year old tree will die, as a result of ignorance.  Once again, the store chicken is cheaper.  Excellent write up on "butt rot" as applied to most hardwoods https://ag.umass.edu/landscape/fact-sheets/root-butt-rot-pathogens-of-oak-quercus-spp

Enough about chickens and birdbrains, back to the Leishy 2.

The price leaves spots on my vision. 🤩 Can't get past the price 🤩 Ric knows, he's seen people's faces. 😱 Gut punch!!! 😱

I haz a question, because anyone looking at one of these has more money than I (so who am I to tell you about money?)

How much will one of these guns, in good condition be worth, in 10 years?

What are the wear items, or additional costs to be incurred, if any?

Or as a more general question, what sort of depreciation do ya'll accept on airguns?

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

Posted by: @iriepyri

@pluric May I know what brand case you used.

I know it was from Harbor Freight. It's the one that measures about 18 inches wide. Seems pretty durable.

APACHE 3800 Weatherproof Protective Case for $29.99 – Harbor Freight Coupons

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

Posted by: @gratewhitehuntr

They call them "Chicken of the trees".

Enough about chickens and birdbrains, back to the Leishy 2.

The price leaves spots on my vision. 🤩 Can't get past the price 🤩 Ric knows, he's seen people's faces. 😱 Gut punch!!! 😱

I haz a question, because anyone looking at one of these has more money than I (so who am I to tell you about money?)

How much will one of these guns, in good condition be worth, in 10 years?

What are the wear items, or additional costs to be incurred, if any?

Or as a more general question, what sort of depreciation do ya'll accept on airguns?

Yes, there is a lot of "Sticker Shock" with many of the higher end PCP's out there. This can be a hobby that is not aimed at the faint of wallet. 😉 😀 

I don't look at what something will be worth in ten years. More how much joy will it give me for ten years. Too many factors involved. What if government restricts airguns? Can't import high pressure guns? Don't know the future but the past shows us restrictions are the norm. Not going to try and second guess any of that.

Personally I'm at an age where in 10 years it could be my estates problem. 🤣  I live with more of a "glad I did" than "I wish I had attitude". I can say I'm glad I bought the Leshiy. I have the Classic as well with the added air tube. In my opinion they are the best field guns you can own. Lightweight and compact not to mention the accuracy.

The only thing I can think of that I've bought that appreciates is real estate. A few months ago I had a "I'm an airgun hoarder" epiphany. I mentioned to some local shooters I was going to be selling some guns. In three days 20 pcp's went out the door. I didn't make money on a single gun. But I sure put smiles on the new owners faces. 😊 

ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
(@jiminpgh)

I didn't make money on a single gun. But I sure put smiles on the new owners faces. 😊 

Nothing more true! Having just come back from a show, I revisited my inventory spreadsheet. I've sold close to 120 airguns over the years, for a total around $12,000. That's an average sale price of $100. Some were way more, most were less. I owned them, I shot them, I enjoyed them, then I sent them out and moved on.

I TRY to make this hobby self-sustaining, but like most hobbies, it costs money to play. One way I maintain my sanity is to keep track of sale prices, but not purchase prices! Sunk costs, the cost of doing business, buy-in to the game; pick your truism. It has been, and remains an extremely satisfying hobby.

pluric thanked
ReplyQuote
IriePyri
(@iriepyri)

@pluric thanks, that’ll work and great price 

ReplyQuote
IriePyri
(@iriepyri)

@gratewhitehuntr I bought the Ataman AP16 ( another Russian made gun ) for $1000….three times because each pistol failed me within the 60 days of warranty. I returned every gun. Very accurate but not durable at all. Even holding the Ataman AP16 in your hand and it feels like a toy. The Leishy2 on the other hand costs twice as much but looks to be extremely durable. Also if you blow the valve ( the problem with the Ataman AP16) on the Leishy2 you can fix it yourself as there’s plenty of videos to repair, adjust and modify the Leishy2 online. I’m not a rich man by any means but I preordered the Leishy2 after extensive research and I fill that it’s worth every penny. When I looked at the resell value of Leishy guns in general I saw that they still hold their value well. I haven’t received the Leishy2 yet but it looks to be a long lasting gun. 

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)

I like the gun but I just cannot stomach spending that much on an airgun. At half the price I would buy one. 
David Enoch

ReplyQuote
manOwar
(@manowar)

@pluric I agree with your assessment on the leshiy2. Not a long range bench gun but for off hand shooting and hunting at reasonable ranges I give it 2 thumbs up

pluric thanked
ReplyQuote
manOwar
(@manowar)

Its a solid built gun. I wouldn't run it over with a SUV as its much more sensitive to dirt and debris because of the rotating magazine. The trigger is more liken to a pistol trigger I would guess 5lbs which is probably good being its a repeater makes it a little harder to have an accidental discharge.  It is much heavier than the original leshiy with a solid well built feel.. I have found removing and particularly re-installing the magazine is a little difficult (kind of hard to explain without pictures) I just remove the steel pellet retention plate with the magnet while the mag is still attached to the gun and reload it there most the time. I bought it in .22 with the 250mm barrel as I like the short backpack style of the gun and also added the .25 350mm kit because I have other .25 cal guns and ammo. but haven't as of yet used that setup. Yes they are expensive but well made, accurate and shoot great off hand. I personally wouldn't consider it a long range bench rest gun but I have gotten decent groups off a bipod and table out to 60 yards. I like my Leshiy2 and dont regret the purchase. Its a great addition to my modest collection.

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

Posted by: @davidenoch

I like the gun but I just cannot stomach spending that much on an airgun. At half the price I would buy one. 
David Enoch

About 5 or 6 years ago I was just getting my feet wet with PCP guns. My first big plunge was for a used .25 Cricket, $1,000. I would have never thought I would pay that for a gun, any gun. Now I see a new gun around $1,500 and think, "That's not a bad price" 🤣 I just decided it's a hobby I enjoy and I want to go to my grave with the thought "I'm glad I did, rather than I wished I had" 

That said, I honestly put the Leshiy as a top favorite gun. I was up to over 40 PCP guns. I had a "Come to Jesus" talk with myself and sold 18 in three days. It had gotten a little crazy on the compulsive purchases. Local shooters had a feeding frenzy when the word spread. 😲  My phone lit up. 

Everyone's budget is different. Maybe sell some dust collectors to help fund the difference. Do budget for the larger air bottle. It's a must. I put the extra air tube on my Leshiy Classic and that became another go to shooter.

Rick

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)

I did a pretty big purge last year.  I have a few I would still sell but I don't know if I could sell enough to cover a Leshiy II.  And, to be honest, I doubt I would spend that much on an airgun anyway.  I have a whole lot of fun with my AirMax Pistol Carbine (Storm Trooper Carbine) and my P-Rod. 

IMG 4928

David Enoch

pluric thanked
ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

I sold my AirMax in the purge. Just wasn't shooting it much anymore. My P-Rod has a Marmont Militia barrel and that really tightened up the grouping. If the single shot AirMax is fine with you then you might want to look at the Leshiy Classic single shot. Less money and a fantastic shooter. I'm going to get you to open that wallet yet! 😉 😆 

ReplyQuote
Gomez Patel
(@gomez-patel)

I'm new to all this, been watching every Edgun video and reading every post I can find on here other forums.

(Please forgive me if this is common knowledge…)

1. Where all (in the U.S.) can I purchase upgrades/accessories for my Leshiy 2?  (Is EdgunWest my only option?)

2. Where / who (again, in the U.S.) is the best (helpful / knowledgeable) source for Edgun questions & tech help?

Thanks guys!

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)

I sold my AirMax in the purge. Just wasn't shooting it much anymore. My P-Rod has a Marmont Militia barrel and that really tightened up the grouping. If the single shot AirMax is fine with you then you might want to look at the Leshiy Classic single shot. Less money and a fantastic shooter. I'm going to get you to open that wallet yet! 😉 😆 

Maybe when the Leshiy III comes out I can buy your Leshiy II for 75 cents on the dollar 👍 

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

Posted by: @davidenoch

Maybe when the Leshiy III comes out I can buy your Leshiy II for 75 cents on the dollar 👍 

David Enoch

Baby steps, baby steps. Look at you, all ready to break the $1,000 threshold. 😊  I was shooting the Leshiy II this morning. Just nailing anything it was aimed at. I don't see that one making the next purge. It's a keeper!

ReplyQuote
dan_house
(@dan_house)

Semi guns have caused me to develop some bad trigger habits..... Blaming the L2 specifically, as Ive shot it a ton more than the AEA semi.

Not a big deal, IF you are aware of it. And I wasnt, till I got to a n FT match,,,, it cost me a few points

ReplyQuote
wbush
(@wbush)

Received my .22 L2 w 350mm barrel a couple weeks back.  Hard to have much more fun than this.

Stocked up on cheap pellets for plinking away.  Haven't taken the time to really check it for accuracy, but it seems to be plenty accurate.

I wish it were quieter.  It is reasonably backyard friendly.  Plan to have son shoot it while I am standing 10 yards away. 

Has anyone worked to quiet it down?  I see there are some options on Brian's site.  Anyone tried them?

Bill B

SE Michigan

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

Posted by: @wbush

Received my .22 L2 w 350mm barrel a couple weeks back.  Hard to have much more fun than this.

Stocked up on cheap pellets for plinking away.  Haven't taken the time to really check it for accuracy, but it seems to be plenty accurate.

I wish it were quieter.  It is reasonably backyard friendly.  Plan to have son shoot it while I am standing 10 yards away. 

Has anyone worked to quiet it down?  I see there are some options on Brian's site.  Anyone tried them?

Bill B

SE Michigan

On my Leshiy Classic i put the 350 mm moderator on it with a 250 barrel. that made quite a sound reduction, just at the cost of additional length. I'm not certain but I think a fair amount of the Leshiy II noise comes from the magazine area. Air blasts the pellet into the breach. It sure seems louder there than my sealed single shot.

ReplyQuote
roger wilson
(@roger-wilson)

I took my new Leshiy II to an indoor shooting event last night. I wasn't planning on using it in the competition because I didn't think they allowed auto cocking guns. It was a low key event and it turned they wouldn't have minded it's use. I didn't think it was fair on the timed events. I only mention this because I let a lot of shooters try it out. Honestly, I've never heard the phrase "I gotta get me one of these" so many times. 😀 

To say it was well received would be an understatement. Off hand, rested and rapid fire it was well tested. I was loading magazines as fast as I could.

The owner of Utah Airguns has one on order and I promised him I would bring mine when it arrived. He was all grins playing with it.

I wouldn't base not buying an Edgun on one persons alleged bad experience. My Gen I has been flawless. As far as Brian at Edgun West I've never had an issue. If he doesn't answer his phone I get a return call in a reasonable time. I mentioned in my "Leshiy II First impression" review he even returned my text message multiple times on Valentines Sunday.

While I'm happy with the gun I will say I'm still having an occasional cycling issue. So random, if it won't shoot I just barely push the magazine and it's fine. I can shoot 8 magazines and maybe have it do it twice. Brian has had me adjust the trigger stop, very simple, and that has greatly reduced the issue.

I would also recommend the larger air tank. Partly the novelty of rapid fire and so many people trying it out I was glad I didn't have to re-fill the air tank as well as the magazine.

I guess think really hard as to what you want to use the gun for. It's amazing for what it is but the cost puts you in the range of some really nice guns. I enjoy local competitions and they can have you shooting out to 200 yards. Bench rest challenges and such. While accurate, I wouldn't personally consider using the Leshiy for these events. For the best compact hunter/pester out there I think Edgun NAILED it! 

i have one  that i gave up working on 3 months ago for the cycling issues,  love the L2 other than that, probly gonna send it to Brian, to sort out

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

@roger-wilson 

Don't give up. Mine originally had an occasional fail to advance. I did the adjustment Brian told me to and it was fine. After about three tins of pellets it was doing it again. Minor adjustment and all was well.

ReplyQuote
wbush
(@wbush)

No failure to cycle here (yet?)

I want it to be quieter.  Ordered the Huma 50.  Will soon know how much is muzzle and how much is from cycling.

ReplyQuote