LDC for Talon SS  

RSS

mike_nashville
(@mike_nashville)
2019-11-13 19:20:19  

Just picked up a nice used Talon SS in .22 cal and really love the simplicity of this gun plus the size is just right.  I would like to have it more backyard friendly.  Looking for suggestions on which LDC would make it the most quiet.  The Airforce Sound-Loc Kit is pricey but looks good but would it suppress the sound the best.  I am open for suggestions as to what would work the best.  Thanks

Rob in NC
(@rob-in-nc)
2019-11-13 19:25:06  

Most quiet option would be a TalonTunes LDC.  I have one on an AF pistol and the difference is truly night and day.  The sound loc kit is ok, but will not compete with the TT LDC.  Depending on 'how' quiet you want, there are certainly cheaper options, including packing the shroud yourself with fender washers and spacers, but you asked for the 'most' quiet.  I've had quite a few different LDC's on AF guns and the TT version is the quietest I've found.

All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

ReplyQuote
mike_nashville
(@mike_nashville)
2019-11-13 19:42:03  

Thanks for the info,  I have looked a the 6" shroud/sound moderator they have on sale.  It too is pricey but then it it works the best then it would be worth it.  They list it as a Gen. 6 so I would think they have had others before and keep improving them or maybe just building them cheaper who knows.   Mike

ReplyQuote
Rob in NC
(@rob-in-nc)
2019-11-13 20:11:42  

I cant speak to exactly what they done on the later gens.  I do know that I have what I believe to be a newer one, it's certainly newer than my others I've had and it's more effective and has a couple o rings cut into them to allow better fitament inside the shroud.  

All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

ReplyQuote
mike_nashville
(@mike_nashville)
2019-11-13 22:50:47  

The one with the two O Rings is the same as they show on their site.  Looks like it might be the one I get.  Again thanks for the information.

ReplyQuote
Shambozzie
(@tharris281sc-rr-com)
2019-11-15 10:18:06  

Mike, hit send button to quick. Aoa has baffles for $20 that will do the trick.

Screenshot 2019 11 15 11 11 06

ReplyQuote
mike_nashville
(@mike_nashville)
2019-11-16 00:11:12  

For $20 I think I will try them and see how they work.  If they don't have the sound I want then they go in the drawer with the rest of the stuff I don't currently use.  Thanks for the info 

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
2019-11-16 07:45:00  

Harbor Freight has O-ring assortments in inch or metric for around $8, more than you'll ever be able to use.

You could say that they were integral to my early LDC work... and tape... don't forget tape...

CUT OFF THE INSIDE TRACK PART OF THE COUPON  https://www.hfqpdb.com/best_coupon/382+PIECE+O-RING+ASSORTMENT  

https://shop.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_19895.jpg

There you have it, the world according to John.

ReplyQuote
mike_nashville
(@mike_nashville)
2019-11-16 19:50:13  

That is a lot of O rings and I agree it would be hard to use that many.  If several of these are the sized that can be used in air guns then it would be a good deal.  Even if 25% of them could be used it is still a great deal.  Thanks for sharing that with me.  I will be picking them up in the next few days

ReplyQuote
Airgun-Channel
(@air-gun-channel)
2019-11-18 12:43:28  

Donny FL LDCs work great. 

Find me anytime at http://www.Air-Gun-Channel.com

ReplyQuote

Please Login or Register