Iron sights?  

RSS

Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
2019-12-01 20:27:40  

Where can I purchase sights for a break barrels that aren't equipped with them?

ekmeister
(@ekmeister)
Member of Trade
2019-12-01 20:50:32  
Posted by: @septicdeath

Where can I purchase sights for a break barrels that aren't equipped with them?

Well, there's more than one type of open sights.  In order to get some help, you'll need to provide more-detailed information.  I'll explain:  

There's 'simple and basic', just to give you the most-rudimentary open sight capability.  Or, there's 'precision', like with a rear aperture sight (aka 'peep sight') that has high-precision adjustments for windage and elevation; and a front sight with assorted sized and shaped inserts, so you can choose your favorite.  There are some others in-between.  So...

1. Choose which of those I just described that you had in mind.

2. As to the rear sight, does your rifle already have a scope rail or grooves?  Most do.  Or, will your rifle need to have some holes drilled and tapped with machine threads in order to accept some fastening screws?  

3. As to the front sight, what does the area look like where the front sight will be installed? 

4. I can combine 2 and 3 to make this much-easier: simply name the make and model of your rifle.

5. If you don't know how to describe what your looking for, name another make and model of rifle that has the sights you'd like to duplicate as closely as possible.  You'll still need to name the make and model of your rifle to get an answer.

The answers to those questions should get you somewhere, or at least get things started.

Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed, the Airgun TuneMeister

https://www.airguntunemeister.com/

ReplyQuote
Septicdeath
(@septicdeath)
2019-12-01 21:36:42  

@ekmeister

It is a Benjamin Super Streak 22 caliber. It has scope rail. Want just a standard iron sight. Something like Hatsan uses. I like to find nicer replacement for theirs also. 

I use a reflex on my 125 .22 and thought about that. But would rather have standard ones on Super Streak.

ReplyQuote
DonC
 DonC
(@donc)
2019-12-02 13:14:46  

Williams peep sight without target knobs is affordable and you can but several aperature sizes. Target aquision is easier and accuracy will improve with peeps. Only need to focus on the front sight. 

ReplyQuote
ekmeister
(@ekmeister)
Member of Trade
2019-12-02 13:27:49  

@septicdeath

That's odd. Every photograph I can find of the Benjamin Super Streak on the Internet already has open sights on it. Obviously, yours doesn't, or you wouldn't be asking the question.

I know that happens sometimes, though. They'll offer something in more than one version, or the configuration changes over time. One of those must be what happened in your case.

That Williams aperture/peep sight that's made to fit the scope rail or scope grooves of an air rifle or .22 rimfire is a very nice piece of hardware. As stated, if you buy it without target knobs it's a little cheaper. But, if they still offer it with the knobs, personally, I sure find them more handy to adjust then having to carry a small screwdriver with me.

Either way it works, though. As I recall, you still use a small screwdriver to lock the knobs in position once you have them set where you want them. That's if you want to lock them in position, of course. Some people like to be able to adjust them in the field for different distances, or varying wind conditions.

That still leaves you needing a front sight. The one in the photographs I saw looks like it slips over the end of the barrel. I wonder if it would fit the barrel on your rifle.

Benjamin is owned by Crosman, I think. Maybe you could call them and see if you can buy that same front sight, is the price isn't too bad. Then you wouldn't have to look for something from another manufacturer, wondering if it's going to be the right match. It might be the easiest route to go.

You'd want to ask them if that same front sight that is currently on that model would slip over the barrel of your rifle, that doesn't have a front sight. It may matter, if the front sight rifles have grooves so the sight will fit, or some such thing. On the other hand, maybe you just slip it over the end of the barrel and tighten a couple of set screws.  If it was me, I'd sure call them and check.

Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed, the Airgun TuneMeister

https://www.airguntunemeister.com/

ReplyQuote
marflow
(@marflow)
2019-12-02 14:41:17  

it is a B1500 so I would go look at the parts diagram at Crosman and then if that is what you have call Crosman and get prices and order the missing sights

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/articles/203544570-B1500STM-Owner-s-Manual-EVP-2008-Present-

Mike

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
2019-12-03 20:38:51  

Crosman doesn't hunt parts, you need to know what you want.

If you do, they are pretty nice to deal with.

Do they still offer a discounted shipping day?

There you have it, the world according to John.

ReplyQuote

Please Login or Register