How much to PCPs le...

Notifications
Clear all

How much to PCPs leak air?

(@bilrus61)
Topic starter  

I'm looking at the HW 44 pcp pistol. I'm new to PCP. It's max pressure is 200 bar. Looking to hunt pests here on my farm. When you charge it up will it hold the pressure for say a week? Month? 3 months? I don't want to make it a range toy where you have to pump it up just before you shoot. If it will hold a full charge for say a month I'll give 'er a try. What says the board on the PCP holding a charge? 

Topic Tags
awilde
(@awilde)

Provided your seals stay good it should be able to hold pressure for years. When one or more start to go you'll usually see either an extremely slow leak or a more dramatic one.

ReplyQuote
(@ribbonstone)

They all will leak sooner or later....it's just simple replaceable O-rings doing the sealing, and they will eventually quit.  Can go years with no leaking.

ReplyQuote
crazyhorse
(@crazyhorse)

I use a Crosman 1377 pump pistol for squirrels/rabbits/rats out to 25 yards. One leak in 14 years...

I use RWS chamber oil putting just 2 drops in all my PCP fill connections maybe once a month.....for the pistol I lube the pump cup....

ReplyQuote
Bigbore
(@bigbore)

The HW should give you years of trouble free service if it is new.

ReplyQuote
(@desert-silver)

My liberty has held 4k psi for the last month after resealing with a cpt Oring kit for it. It also has a DC valve with a peek poppet. 

ReplyQuote