FX Impact - NJ ques...

Notifications
Clear all

FX Impact - NJ question  

RSS

redgoblin
(@redgoblin)
2020-04-03 20:24:48  

I have a question for any FX Impact owners.  Do any of you guys own one and live in NJ?

redgoblin
(@redgoblin)
2020-04-05 11:19:15  

I realize that I’m a new member and this is a vague question.  It’s not a gotcha’ question.  I live in NJ and have some legitimate questions about the Impact, in particular, and local dealers.

I’d really appreciate any help you guys might offer.  Thank you for the consideration.  Stay safe everyone.

ReplyQuote
Doug Wall
(@doug-wall)

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)
2020-04-05 14:20:22  
Posted by: @redgoblin

I realize that I’m a new member and this is a vague question.  It’s not a gotcha’ question.  I live in NJ and have some legitimate questions about the Impact, in particular, and local dealers.

I’d really appreciate any help you guys might offer.  Thank you for the consideration.  Stay safe everyone.

What are your questions? I thought because of your specific location request that maybe you wanted to meet to try one. So much is done online now distant dealers are always an option. How can we help, even if we are not in the NJ area?

Doug, I had no idea the airgun laws were that strict there, wow.

ReplyQuote
Doug Wall
(@doug-wall)
2020-04-05 22:01:40  

" I had no idea the airgun laws were that strict there, wow."

I'd be surprised if you could find any dealers who would ship to NJ.

ReplyQuote
redgoblin
(@redgoblin)
2020-04-05 23:51:14  

@doug-wall

Thanks, Doug.  Oh, believe me...I’m, unfortunately, very well versed in NJ’s unconstitutional anti-gun objectives and draconian laws.  I do appreciate any information though.  I did read the link.  Yup...all true.

I know dealers will ship to NJ.  Air guns are still legal (for now).  It’s just a matter of what and how.  Almost everything, except for basic parts, must go through an FFL, just like any “scary black guns” for the anti-crowd.  

ReplyQuote
redgoblin
(@redgoblin)
2020-04-05 23:58:29  

@pluric

I appreciate your reply.  I understand your idea.  However, no, I would never ask someone that kind of favor.  I wouldn’t be so bold, unless it was a close friend or relative, as to ask to shoot someone’s gun.  I’d love to, but it’s also not necessary.  

I really just wanted to ask someone about FX and NJ.  Legal concerns, purchase experience, dealer used, etc., etc.  I do realize that it’s like a purple dinosaur, though...looking for a FX Impact owner in NJ.  There may be one, but it won’t be easy to find one.

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)
2020-04-06 09:15:18  

@redgoblin

Understood. I think you would be pleasantly surprised of the camaraderie of the airgun community. Personally, I lend guns all the time to try and spread the addiction. 😉 😀 Neighbor has had one for over a month pesting with it. Did come back for more air and pellets so I think he's getting into it.

It's a great way for people to try a fit and size before making the final decision. 

I love my Impacts. You are looking in the right direction. It's the high capacity magazine that keeps them a primary shooter for me.

I was asked to host a youth shooting group at a church event. Loaded up guns, tables, targets and crossed my fingers. All girls and they did great! The no noise and little recoil had them all smiling and shooting quite well. I stayed to let the adults play too. The fathers had never heard or seen a PCP. Lots of questions. Only had two multi loads for the day, but a lots of smiles. Point being, I think if you find a local gun I would think the owner would love to talk about it and let you try it out.

Oakley

Oakley a

ReplyQuote
Pistoleer
(@pistoleer)
2020-04-06 13:07:52  

Ernest Rowe used to work out of NJ, sent him a few of my treasures, direct to the door. Hit him up for advice?  

ReplyQuote