Notifications
Clear all

Fixing Pro sport-  

RSS

DJNA13
(@djna13)
2020-03-21 21:00:12  

I have a Air Arms Pro Sport in .177 that needs repair. Last time I shot it - after cocking the gun it wouldn’t fire- was left cocked so I’m sure the spring is toast, or it broke.  Want to get a complete kit (spring and everything else that is needed to repair it). Does the FAC spring from Vortek come with everything? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

marflow
(@marflow)
2020-03-21 23:06:13  

if it is still cocked i would work on that first to find why it didn't fire 

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/PG3-TUNE_KITS/TX200_ProSPORT_air%20rifle

ReplyQuote
straitflite
(@straitflite)
2020-03-22 08:31:23  

marflow gave good advice that I missed after I first read the post.

As far as the Vortek kits go, I believe the piston seal is extra. I recently bought 2 kits from them after a phone conversation. He was very helpful in answering questions and even stopped his machinery from running to help me. I don't know about the Pro Sport seal but for my new HW50s .177 and HW57 .22, the seals were $14 extra for each IIRC. They are moly impregnated and were definitely recommended. The HW50 got an HO kit and shoots at around factory specs but substantially smooother. The HW57 Got the SHO kit and is shooting very consistently (so far) immediately -and still is after about a hundred shots, 16.5-17 FPE in .22 with RWS Superdomes. Also smoother than the 12 FPE or so out of the box. I personally did not use the included lube from the kits. I used straight molly lube (thorough cleaning first) with careful and consistent application.

I haven't had time to sight either new gun in but wanted to provide my limited personal experience thus far with my PG3 kits.

ReplyQuote
K_sqrd
(@k_sqrd)
2020-03-22 10:44:58  

One of the the things you can run into with the PS is that when cocking it, you need to pull the lever all the

way back as far as it will go. You may think you did that but give it an extra tug. If not, the PS will not fire.

A little extra pull on the cocking lever usually solves the problem.

ReplyQuote
DJNA13
(@djna13)
2020-03-22 11:50:38  

I checked, fully cocked, still does not fire. 

ReplyQuote
Faucetguy
(@faucetguy)
2020-03-22 15:02:09  

Have you messed with the trigger?

ReplyQuote
DJNA13
(@djna13)
2020-03-22 15:15:23  

@faucetguy

I tried adjusting trigger - still no go - 

ReplyQuote
marflow
(@marflow)
2020-03-22 15:55:31  

i had some time and found you have been chasing this problem since 2016 and read most of the post 

as stated back then send it in, the damn thing would be a problem for most of us to disassemble with a fully compressed spring although weaken 

so my advice good or bad take it out of the stock and remove the trigger and trip the sear

help at do this could be helpful and make sure the barrel is empty 

i would assume if you send it in the smith would have to do the same thing 

so then you have 2 problems, new parts for the guts and the why this happen to solve any future problem 

trip the sear 

ReplyQuote
DJNA13
(@djna13)
2020-03-22 16:11:02  

@marflow

yeah gun has been sitting since then - bought it used only got few shots with it when this happened. Put it away and put it on the things to do list. I did get pellet out of barrel when I couldn’t get it to fire.  Now got more time on hands then ever & wanted to get it back running.

ReplyQuote
marflow
(@marflow)
2020-03-22 23:19:50  

keep us posted 

i could not find another post with your problem 

have you had help to pull the cocking lever all the way back and then pull the trigger and slowly take the spring pressure off 

some can do by yourself but why try 

ReplyQuote