First time shooting...

Notifications
Clear all

First time shooting airguns in over 8 months.  

RSS

Sekiar
(@sekiar)
2020-05-14 13:25:40  

Nice overcast warm day here in NW Arkansas and after finding this forum once again I proceeded to go shoot a few air guns.   Started out with my Crosman 2400 .22 carbine and used up one C02 cart.  I did hit the swinging targets about 90% of the time at about 10 yards.  That's good for me. ha  Next up Diana model 34 classic in .177 and I also hit the target the majority of the time.  Next was my Diana model 48 also in .177 and I wasn't as good wit it as the others. Last was my Crosman H9A in .22 caliber and it was fun as well.  Didn't try any of my PCP as my tank is very low and not sure when I can get it filled again or where.  Any way a long time ago I was reading the Yellows almost every day and glad I found the new forum again.  Also shot my Ruger .22 SS to get things going.  Not much value in this post, however just wanted to post my today's outing.  Charles

bf1956 thanked
MarkLondon
(@marklondon)
2020-05-14 14:49:11  

Hello Sekiar, You said that " Not much value in this post". I say that if you had fun with your airguns...That was value enough!

Cheers and thanks for sharing mate, stay safe!

Mark

PS: I would also like to say welcome as well...I had been an old-timer on the "Yellow forum" for a few centuries but just joined Airgun Warriors! 

I haven't seen any welcomes on this new site yet, so I will say, Welcome mate!

Cheers, Mark

bf1956 and Sekiar thanked
ReplyQuote
Jim Bentley
(@jim-bentley)
2020-05-14 17:21:38  

Anytime that someone returns to shooting is a great thing!

ReplyQuote
Tullja
(@tullja)
2020-05-14 19:30:06  

Sekiar,

I agree with Mark. Your post and shooting habit, for whatever reasons, appears similar to mine, therefore I found value in it as well. This past year has been challenging. For me, at least. Anyhow, needless to say,shooting has not been one of my priorities. Although the desire has always been lurking there somewhere. Lately, I'm just going through the herd and making sure they are all sighted in so I can do a little pest control when necessary. (The squirrels seem to be getting braver during this hiatus and coming closer and closer to the home. They used to keep a good distance of 30 yards or so and now they're coming up on the porch. Not good.)

God Bless,                                                                                                                                                                          Tullja 

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
2020-05-15 19:34:27  

Hey, after a long hiatus from shooting airguns, it's always nice to let folks of the same interest know how much you enjoyed getting back into it again.  What's fun is fun.  Nothing wrong with sharing.

Welcome back

bf1956 thanked
ReplyQuote
Tim Ward
(@lefteyeshot)
2020-05-17 09:30:05  

Enjoy!

Sekiar thanked
ReplyQuote
Sekiar
(@sekiar)
2020-05-18 13:12:55  

@lefteyeshot

Another pretty sunny day with mild temps so I got my Hatsan model 95 SAS out and give it a short work out.  It turned out to be an accurate .22 today ringing the metal on every shot.  Only about a dozen or so but was fun anyway.   Think I'll pick a different gun for the next pretty day shoot out.  Also ran one of my antique gas engines which is only 8 horse power but tops the scales at over 800 lbs.  Gotta do sumptin these days as going out in public isn't a good idea. ha  Charles

ReplyQuote