Favorite airgun per...

Notifications
Clear all

Favorite airgun personalities  

RSS

270windude
(@270windude)
2020-05-07 13:10:29  

this has been bothering me a lot lately. Some are one hit wonders others stick around and become associated with... I mean well established. My favorite is probably Ted as he’s pretty honest. I don’t mind rick like some people seem to. One thing that upsets me about one of the top named guys is you can watch him shoot a 100 dollar gun and he’s shooting half inch at 50 yards. Watch him shoot a 1k gun and he’s shooting half inch at 50 yards. His videos are really just 100 percent animations of marketing on the guns box. 

marflow
(@marflow)
2020-05-07 15:24:39  

well i watch Rick Eutsler from time to time and have always thought he was honest and a good presenter 

and never understood why people disliked his channel but to like his own 

ReplyQuote
270windude
(@270windude)
2020-05-07 16:41:52  

@marflow same here. Watch “airgun exploration and advancement” lol. I once argued with him on YouTube.  What I like about Ted and some of the others is that they’re not just commercials. They also do benchrest, FT and silhouette. 

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
2020-05-07 16:54:41  

I have to go with Rossi.  He has really been a magnificent host for American Airgunner.  As much as I love Tom Gaylord and Ron Chapman the show needs the energy Rossi brings to the room.

There are a lot of guys that are very special to airgunning.  Tom Gaylord, Ron Chapman, Ron Robinson, Eric Henderson, Dennis Quackenbush, John and Yvette that own AirForce, Robin ???, and who would leave out Russ Best!

David Enoch

Sekiar thanked
ReplyQuote
Faucetguy
(@faucetguy)
2020-05-07 17:24:23  

Mike Ellingsworth, great guy.  Does nice down home videos.  No agenda.

ReplyQuote
Jim Bentley
(@jim-bentley)
2020-05-07 17:29:12  

Has to be Jim Maccrai!!

He has pioneered all the spring gun tuners that exist today!! Except he knows what he's doing, and does it right!

Excellent products, and a great guy!

Paul Watts is second in my book, another man who has the tools and the knowledge to do things right!!!!

ReplyQuote
Benny76
(@benny76)
2020-05-07 21:04:38  

Dana Webb from Mountain Sport airguns. Puts out great hunting videos and talk about someone who can shoot. I'd put his skill up there with Shooter 1721

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
2020-05-08 07:03:33  

Jim Maccari is the salt of the earth.  He's been the balance in perspective for me.  And everyone needs salt in their, ahem, diet.  LD, same thing.  Balance.

Now, with Canada's revised and immoral gun confiscations about to happen, a good number of the Inner Circle of decades past will fade as well.  

I'd like to know where so many of those airguns went.  Not just mine, mind you.  The vast list which was traded and enjoyed and shown better'n twenty years ago.  

Jim Bentley thanked
ReplyQuote
DonC
 DonC
(@donc)
2020-05-08 16:32:50  

Harvey,

Can you link us to be educated about Canada's confiscations? I am clueless.

ReplyQuote
Jim Bentley
(@jim-bentley)
2020-05-08 16:36:29  
Posted by: @harvey

Jim Maccari is the salt of the earth.  He's been the balance in perspective for me.  And everyone needs salt in their, ahem, diet.  LD, same thing.  Balance.

Now, with Canada's revised and immoral gun confiscations about to happen, a good number of the Inner Circle of decades past will fade as well.  

I'd like to know where so many of those airguns went.  Not just mine, mind you.  The vast list which was traded and enjoyed and shown better'n twenty years ago.  

I forgot about ld! He converted my Anschutz 2002 to a 19 ft/lb rifle years ago. Using his tried and true low pressure high volume formula that gun shoots 50 shots from 2300 to 1800 PSI and stacks them on top of one another at 50 yards!!

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
2020-05-08 18:43:58  
Posted by: @donc

Harvey,

Can you link us to be educated about Canada's confiscations? I am clueless.

Hi Don, 

I should be more clear.  After that lunatic shot some twenty odd people to death a week or so ago, Trudeau unilaterally banned fifteen hundred different guns.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/canada-bans-more-than-1-500-types-of-military-style-firearms-11588356791  

The people who died is sad beyond belief.  But to react this way to such a heinous act is merely an excuse to steal private property from the hands of the law abiding.

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
2020-05-08 18:47:15  

@jim-bentley, I thought the 2002 was a single stroker?  Like a 600-3?

I must be thinking of the wrong rifle...

No matter, LD worked his majjjheek for you and that's very cool!

ReplyQuote
airmojo
(@airmojo)
2020-05-08 20:07:35  

Jim Maccari will always be my favorite airgun personality... all the fun we had on the old airgun letter forum and his Delphi "Anything Goes" forum, and the several other forums he had after that... love his contribution by providing seals, tune kits, springs, lubes, etc that he still offers for a lot of airguns... his DIY wood stocks were awesome, and glad that I own a couple of them.

I like Tom Gaylord too, especially for his old Airgun Letter and Airgun Revue publications... they all just fed my appetite for airguns way back then.

I like watching Joe Rhea's Cyclops videos on Youtube, although I really don't spend that much time watching airgun videos, unless its a repair or rebuild type video.

Jim Bentley thanked
ReplyQuote
Jim Bentley
(@jim-bentley)
2020-05-08 20:17:56  
Posted by: @harvey

@jim-bentley, I thought the 2002 was a single stroker?  Like a 600-3?

I must be thinking of the wrong rifle...

No matter, LD worked his majjjheek for you and that's very cool!

Sorry, I wasn't clear. It is a 2002CA. I'll see if I can find the write up I did on the rifle years ago.

ReplyQuote
boscoebrea
(@boscoebrea)
2020-05-08 23:43:00  

another Jim Maccari fan here,used to call him uncle Jim..another old time writer I loved Jim House..

Airguntunes thanked
ReplyQuote
willy1
(@willy1)
2020-05-09 23:21:27  

@davidenochHI dave,is Russ best still around?

ReplyQuote
270windude
(@270windude)
2020-05-10 00:20:04  

I agree with all names mentioned. I used to want an LD so bad. I also wanted one of Tims steroided benjis. I did get my hands on several Russ Best grips. I forgot his name but there was a guy in Hawaii that Got me I to bulk CO2 that sold fittings under maxZbulk in the early 2000s. No ones mentioned Quackenbush, a big name.  I like where the three went way more then my original intent. I was thinking just the modern youtubers, which still have some big shots. Someone mentioned the cyclops guy. I have noticed many of them, even ones I somewhat trust don’t match up with the velocity and accuracy that I’ve experienced, in that area Rick E isn’t as bad as people make him out to be.  

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
2020-05-10 22:16:24  

Tim designed the Superdome pellet.  Just one of many things he's been involved in which influenced the airgun world.

Which brings us to Hector!  I can't even guess how much involvement he's had both at the forefront and behind the scenes. As long as I've been there, Hector's been there.

And Hector, l I haven't forgotten what you did for me during a particularly difficult time in my life.  I will always remember that.  You and Larry (Anderld)

Harv

ReplyQuote
Bob in WV
(@bob-in-wv)
2020-05-10 23:07:44  

Cecil Whitehead and Ron Sauls, Jim Giles, Mike Milek, Ted Summers, Dennis Baker, Larry Beling, Rick Willnecker, Mike Abernathy, Alan Zasadny, Steve Cox, Mike Teihen, and the list goes on.  I have been lucky enough to meet most of the guys mentioned in this thread, at airgun shows or field target shoots.  This bunch of guys have helped me keep my passion going all these years.  Thanks for the ride guys.

Bob in WV

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
2020-05-12 08:13:26  

@willy1

Hi Willy,

Yes, Russ is still on the right side of the grass.  We are Facebook friends.

He has had a lot of health issues but is still chugging along.

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
willy1
(@willy1)
2020-05-18 11:07:08  

OK thanks Dave,i kinda figured this out? not to cp savey""

ReplyQuote