Dry-lube barrels an...

Notifications
Clear all

Dry-lube barrels and pellets.

(@blowgun)
Topic starter  

Any opinions about graphite powder for lubing barrels and pellets? I don't mind smudged fingers. A tiny bit does it. I have a .177 springer (wish I had bought a .25), 8 years old. It's a Benjamin Diana, no longer made. 1100 fps. A .25 at 800 fps would be better, for me.

Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)

Hexagonal boron nitride is the haut new dry lube.

Welcome to the forum.

ReplyQuote
sonnysan
(@sonnysan)

Tried and true Krytech lube I've been using for at least 20 years:

https://www.amazon.com/Finish-Line-Lubricant-Squeeze-Bottle/dp/B00Z779I4A/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2H5X5DK83ZTF&dchild=1&keywords=krytech+dry+wax+lubricant&qid=1613962519&sprefix=krytech+lubr%2Caps%2C263&sr=8-3

Krytech works great in both.

New kid on the block:

https://www.amazon.com/Finish-Line-Ceramic-Bicycle-4-Ounce/dp/B001XRXZFG/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Finish+Line+Ceramic+Wet+Bicycle+Chain+Lube&qid=1613962626&sr=8-2

Don't know how well it works in pcp's or springers.  I discovered it a while ago since I own a lot of mountain bikes. 

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)

Can everyone else see SonnySan's pictures?

In FF it's only circles, in Chrome there is an error and the word Kindle.

ReplyQuote
(@blowgun)
Topic starter  

@gratewhitehuntr, that sounds interesting. "White graphite". I'll find out how finely it's ground, and it's position on the hardness scale. To work, it has to be a very soft compound. I found 20 grams for $20.00. Plenty. Thank you for the heads-up.

ReplyQuote
sonnysan
(@sonnysan)

There is something wrong with this site lately.  You have to refresh the page constantly now.  You even have to refresh the page after you login to post.  The links show up perfectly before posting.  Even when editing the post I can see them again.         

ReplyQuote
airmojo
(@airmojo)

@gratewhitehuntr I can see and click the links using Firefox okay.

I also have been using Krytec when it was recommended by you-know-who in California.

Still using the first 11 ounce aerosol can that I purchased way back then... not sure why Finish Line stopped making the aerosol version.

You only need a small amount... after washing and drying a tin of pellets... place in a plastic container, a couple of quick sprays, put the lid on the container and swirl them around, remove from container and put back in the tin... don't clean the plastic container... just keep re-using it.

Probably only a couple of drops with then liquid squeeze bottle version.

ReplyQuote
straitflite
(@straitflite)

@sonnysan

Posted by: @sonnysan

There is something wrong with this site lately.  You have to refresh the page constantly now.  You even have to refresh the page after you login to post.  The links show up perfectly before posting.  Even when editing the post I can see them again. 

Same here in chrome. Sometimes have to refresh twice. 

ReplyQuote