Do I just write it ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Do I just write it off?

Page 1 / 2

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

Sent one out for a tune months ago, having a heck of a time getting it back. I am at a loss for words.

Topic Tags
awilde
(@awilde)

Posted by: @teleamp

Sent one out for a tune months ago, having a heck of a time getting it back. I am at a loss for words.

You may not be alone there without being somewhat more specific ๐Ÿค” 

colt1900 thanked
Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

Don't write it off. Pursue it. It's your gun and you sent it to the tuner with all expectations that it would be tuned and returned to you in good condition.

Has there been any communication with the tuner? If there has, what did they say was the problem in not sending it back to you when you asked for it to be returned? If there has been no communication from the tuner then you might have to get the local law enforcement involved.

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@jim-in-swmo

Tuner is a good guy going through difficult times. I understand his situation.

I am to pick up when done... It is taking much longer then I anticipated. He does excellent work and I don't know how to motivate him. At the same time, I am not getting any younger and would like to be shooting. i guess I will start saving and buy a backup if it drags out that long.

If he has given up, I would at least like my parts back... I use to have a TX200 that I made shoot pretty sweet, I can get it back together.

My hope is that he will read these post and get on with it.

Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

@teleamp

Wouldn't matter to me how good the tuner is, loss of motivation is no reason to keep a customer dangling for what, almost 6 months?! If he can't finish the job he agreed to in a timely fashion then he should own up to it and return the gun and any payment already received.

Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)

My original response... after seeing zero tax related information in thread.

https://www.hillarydepiano.com/pages/wp-content/uploads/mlp_stopping_in.gif

On second thought...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/076/655/shitstorm-flyer.jpg

Posting this issue to the forum, is probably the best way to get your guns returned, and drive this individual permanently from the world of tuning.

And of course...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/047/718/InBeforeTheLock1105.jpg?1318992465

RedFeather
(@redfeather)

Might want to turn down the heat on that tar and put away the feathers. Let's not go to extremes. People do have legitimate stuff come up. I'd go with Jim's advice. Or at least call him and get a reasonable estimate on when the work will be completed. If too long, then ask for it to be returned. That may be the best route as you never know if his issue becomes more serious and it's out of his hands.

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@redfeather

Definitely not dragging the tuner under the mud. I have been in his shoes indifferent circumstances. I guess it's my turn in the barrel, it just, well... 

DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)

It might be worth even offing to have it shipped collect of send a shipping label to get your gun back.  I would rather be out $50 than out $500.

It is my experience from reading the forums for a long time that usually when guns don't come back it is because the tuner has spent any up front payment to pay current expenses and he doesn't have the money to buy the parts he needs to tune your rifle.  When life happens sometimes we don't make the best decisions.  There is one tuner that will just go silent when parts are not available instead of keeping his customers informed.

David Enoch

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@davidenoch

Not the problem here David. It's a motivational issue... I'm motivated, the tuner is not, makes for a bad situation for me. I'm just venting. Anyway, I have sent him an email requesting that he send the gun/parts back to me or at least let me pick it/them up. I am hoping he is working on it and will email me soon. The daily updates never materialized.

straitflite
(@straitflite)

@teleamp

Motivations constantly revolve for most of us. I think David's words may just carry a bunch more weight than credited..Though doubt exists, I'd give nod to the benefit here. He's been around and active on the forum far longer than myself. I first posted here 16 years ago but stopped following for ten years.

I kind of feel some sense of responsibility here as I may have misguided you in the beginning.

Unless a guy really has a messed up gun that requires machining, I see no reason to go through all the hassle of shipping, paying and waiting. There is an overwhelming amount of information on the web to get great results by purchasing your own parts and DIY. Just requires research and weeding out bad information which isn't difficult. The correct solutions researched will always show up in more search results than the wrong info. OR, you could do what I do and ask the knowledgeable folks right here on this forum as I (you) go along with your project. Just ask ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon!

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@straitflite

In retrospect, the gun really only needed a breech seal. Oh well...

RedFeather
(@redfeather)

I would keep contacting as often as you feel necessary. And my "tar and feathers" comment was directed elsewhere. The least this tuner can do is return your gun. He's holding forth as an advertised tuner. It is in his best I interest to do so. Unless he's incapacitated, his good reputation is in the line here.

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@redfeather

I feel he will do right... I am not a patient person. 

(@bf1956)

@teleamp   I am in the same boat, getting older and the weather is getting nice. I just want to be done with this project.

DonC
(@donc)

I'm in same boat too. Sent my rifle in December. Tuner got Covid and had lots of customers because of Covid. I'm trying to be patient cause I know and like the tuner from Field Target. I guess I must be patient BUT still he could update me via e-mail without me contacting him. Truely frustrating.

My worst experience was 17 months from Randy Brimrose in California. Job was done poorly too.

(@tripleguy)

Breech seal??? Unobtanium? Are we talking about the same part here? I could install a synthetic one in 30 seconds. I could fashoin a leather one in 5 min. There are folks who are good at what they do and folks who are good at business. Celebrate those who are good at both I guess.

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@tripleguy

Breech seal to shoot, rebuild/tune so it won't break... Lots of wear in the tear down pics...

Pay to get it done?... I'm not a doctor, and I don't have a scalpel...

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

Oh and, tuner found some motivation... Hopefully I will have R7 back real soon...

Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

Oh and, tuner found some motivation... Hopefully I will have R7 back real soon...

Now that's good to hear! I hope it gets back to you soon.

(@marflow)

this is got to be the strangest thread i have read in a long time 

it must be in code and i lost my code book 

awilde thanked
(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@marflow

What is so hard to understand?

(@teleamp)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @donc

I'm in same boat too. Sent my rifle in December. Tuner got Covid and had lots of customers because of Covid. I'm trying to be patient cause I know and like the tuner from Field Target. I guess I must be patient BUT still he could update me via e-mail without me contacting him. Truely frustrating.

My worst experience was 17 months from Randy Brimrose in California. Job was done poorly too.

I don't feel so bad now... Sorry for your pains...

KWK
 KWK
(@kwk)

Sorry about your situation. If he's the tuner I think he is I for one want to thank him for all the valuable information he has shared and posted here. I learned so much from him. Seems to be a fine gentleman from reading his posts. Apparently he is having an issue in his life. Health or otherwise. I want to wish him well and offer prayers for him. And for you as well. ๐Ÿ‘ Keep looking up. I hope I've been encouraging.

teleamp thanked
(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

I am going to call this thread "solved"... Thanks guys...

Jim in SWMO
(@jim-in-swmo)

@teleamp

Glad you feel that way.

But please do let us know how it turns out when it's all said and done and you get your R7 back. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

teleamp thanked
(@teleamp)
Topic starter  

@kwk

He is a wealth of great knowledge. The work he does is a labor of love, some guys whip it out, this guy sweats the small stuff. It is an honor, IMHO, that he has worked on my gun. Even though it dragged out and came to this. Now that I see some others in similar situations I consider myself fortunate. 

I will update this thread once R7 is back in my hands... It's now in his court...

Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)

I am going to call this thread "solved"... Thanks guys...

Still nothing about taxes!

bf1956 thanked
(@roger-wilson)

whatching

Faucetguy
(@faucetguy)

Subscribed

Page 1 / 2