Crosman 1322 loadin...

Notifications

Crosman 1322 loading problem  

RSS

Ken
 Ken
( @ken )
2020-02-11 07:45:43  

I put a new steel breech on my Crosman 1322 .22 cal. pistol. As you close the bolt the pellet Jams on the hole where the breech screw holds down the barrel. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

scratchit thanked
Bob in WV
( @bob-in-wv )
2020-02-11 10:53:29  

Common problem with an easy fix.  Melt a black crayon or candle over the screw hole so a couple drops of wax fills the hole.  Close the bolt fast and the clean any excess wax off and it will load pellets slicker then snot on a door knob.

Bob in WV

scratchit and Ken thanked
ReplyQuote
ncjohn
( @ncjohn )
2020-02-11 19:22:54  

Ken, I had the same problem. I purchased a 1322 and a 2240 and was disappointed with the build quality, compared to some of my older crosman pistols. I ordered Steel breeches from pyrymid air. The machining was not good. I had to send one breech back because the plug would not fit into the back of the breech. Both of them needed the wax filler that bob speaks of. I put wood grips and lpa mim sites on mine. Lots of fun.  John

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
WyoMan
( @wyo )
2020-02-11 22:51:39  

Hi Ken,

I use a very unconventional approach... standard fare stainless flathead 4-48 from McMaster...

Turn the head to about .192" (check as you cut) and then part-off the lower threads that were chucked... fits like this:

I also had the breech plug problem like ncjohn. The drill hole needed to be deburred but after that it was a close fit - interference fit. Perfect! I really like parts that have a snug fit before the fasteners are installed.

Wyo

pluric and scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
Droidiphile
( @droidiphile )
2020-02-12 09:29:29  

I had the same problem on a .177 1300KT built via Crosman Custom Shop.  It's weird because the pellet will literally fall into the chamber via either finger or good 'ole gravity, but will snag if engaged by the bolt. 

I was going to do the hot wax treatment as described by Mr Bob above, but I'm performing some mods and wanted to see if it could be fixed without pouring wax into the bolt head... 

Of the many planned mods, the two I think that will help this problem are a Torx head breech bolt upgrade and a long nose bolt.  Maybe those will be enough.  If not, I'll do the hot wax fix. 😀 

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
bf1956
( @bf1956 )
2020-02-12 12:58:20  

@droidiphile

Is that the same hot wax treatment I see advertised in some of those store fronts? 

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
JiminPGH
( @jiminpgh )
2020-02-12 16:25:44  
Posted by: @ncjohn

Ken, I had the same problem. I purchased a 1322 and a 2240 and was disappointed with the build quality, compared to some of my older crosman pistols. I ordered Steel breeches from pyrymid air. The machining was not good. I had to send one breech back because the plug would not fit into the back of the breech. Both of them needed the wax filler that bob speaks of. I put wood grips and lpa mim sites on mine. Lots of fun.  John

I use a similar solution, using beeswax.  You can sufficiently soften a small ball by just kneading it between finger and thumb, then press it into place.  

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote