Considering an Air ...

Notifications
Clear all

Considering an Air Venturi Avenger - Comments from Owners Please !

Droidiphile
(@droidiphile)
Topic starter  

Would Air Venturi Avenger owners please comment and/or review that machine based upon actual usage?  I am considering the purchase of one but the reviews I have read are mixed.  Some of the complaints I can live, like a light creaky plastic stock.  But some seem like they would be a royal PITA at the range, like magazine jamming that needs modification to work properly, and the DonnyFL LDC adapter may or may not fit.

Please If you folks would kindly share your experiences, good and bad, I'd greatly appreciate it !!!  Thanks all !

marflow
(@marflow)

the first think i do when looking at something new and or old, is see if you can parts because support is very important in this game 

so can you get support from AV, i never could

bf1956 thanked
ReplyQuote
Dave Cole
(@airgunsoftulsa)

I've got a .177 I'm prepping as a loaner gun for our FT club. I'm very impressed by the money spent for the performance delivered. I'm shooting the 10.34's at 880 and the gun seems to like this combination. 

The magazines do suck. I use the single shot tray for my application. However, I'm told, you can use the Marauder mags. The gun is loud and I don't consider it backyard friendly. Shooting FT, I don't have a need for the gun to be quiet so I can't speak to putting a moderator on it. 

Here is a pic of a 10 shot group I did at 50 yards. It shoots as well as my Air Arms S500, a rifle that cost almost 3 times as much. 

I plan on shooting it at the next match providing I can get the range card completed.

avenger 10 shot group

ReplyQuote
caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)

I have had the .25 cal Avenger since May of 2020. I do not need byfriendly where I live. I shoot JSB 25.39 pels. Gun is a tack driver at 65 yds. One magazine had a spring break, but the second mag has been faultless for a year of shooting every week. I have cleaned the gun twice, oil breach seal and moving parts when needed. My bottom line is: EXCEPTIONAL performance with literally no problem with the gun. Consistently the most accurate gun that I have owned, and very good power. Easy to hand pump to 3200 psi and get 60 shots before reaching the 2100 regulator setting. For $300 and all of the features that the Avenger has, how can you bitch about a plastic stock. Now they offer a wood stock version, soooo!

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)

There are many threads here on the Avenger. I was at Utah Airguns today. They have an indoor range. All the user guns were Avengers. They do have them set up as single shots because the public is well, the public. Just easier to teach them how to single load than magazines.

Here is the thread I did on mine. 

Air Venturi Avenger first impression | Airgun Talk | Airgun Warriors Forum

ReplyQuote
crazyhorse
(@crazyhorse)

Had my Avenger .22 since December...main thing is to not hot rod it or it could leak...I fill mine to 3600 psi and have regulator set at 2200 psi...the weak part is the poppet sealing area/material.

ReplyQuote
Droidiphile
(@droidiphile)
Topic starter  

I'd like to ask what you folks think about using lead free pellets with the Avenger?  They are definitely light compared to lead pellets or slugs.  In CA all the laws are headed for lead free ammo across the board.  And many ranges are prohibiting lead to avoid any possible litigation from toxic substances.  So for me, this is a valid concern.

ReplyQuote
crazyhorse
(@crazyhorse)

@droidiphile

Like rimfire lead free ammo I have not found any lead free pellets that shoot well. In fact they have tried increasing velocity of green rimfire ammo to find acceptable accuracy. 

ReplyQuote