Blue Ribbon Single ...

Notifications

Blue Ribbon Single Power Scopes -Parallax  

RSS

straitflite
( @straitflite )
2020-02-08 08:49:10  

Does anyone know what the Hakko Beeman's model 25 pistol scope's parallax is fixed to? I think there may also be other Blue's that are fixed power? I'm curious as to what their yardage setting's may be as well.

I have the Beeman 25th aniv. catalogue, but no info is listed there, or at least I didn't see any.

Thanks!

scratchit thanked
scratchit
( @scratchit )
2020-02-15 12:04:01  

Seems like there should be a way to figure this out....

next time my mind’s idle, I’ll try and give it some thought .........

maybe a pin hole objective cap as a start .......

where’s Steve when ya kneed him ???  Miles ???  He’p me LD, he’p me !

ReplyQuote
straitflite
( @straitflite )
2020-02-15 12:26:20  

Thank you scratchit! Without a response to my question I was giving out on hope. It still may remain a mystery but I appreciate you bringing this post back to the top for further review.

In my immediate case, I have a Beeman model 25. Not sure if the Beeman 25th anniversary catalog is complete so I do not know if there are any Blue Ribbon rifle scopes that are fixed parallax. I see another BR pistol scope in the catalog, model 20 1.5x1.5, that is fixed.

The 25 is wonderfully crisp and clear but the x hairs are extremely fine and do not lend well to dusk conditions...at least for me. I've been looking for a non illuminated (lightweight) target dot reticle scope with nothing bigger than a 28mm obj, that will hold up to the P1's 'Lil kick azz attitude. Leupold has a really nice FXII pistol scope but parallax is set waaaay to far for this. Their custom shop is restructuring and not accepting adaptations to their line up at this time anyway. With that, the FXII would turn out to be very expensive with optional reticle and parallaxing service. I'm wanting something parallaxed between say 5 or ten -and beyond yards. Yes, I would like fries with that! 😀 

I wonder what setting the Dr. RB decided to be acceptable in terms of his BR pistol scopes. I haven't spent any real trigger time I just know the reticle is too fine. I wonder if there is somewhere out there, a way to have the reticle changed in the 25....

I have been a pain in the butt on this issue -but still trying to find a suitable quality lightweight scope. I'm not a scope expert per say.

Thanks!

scratchit thanked
ReplyQuote
scratchit
( @scratchit )
2020-02-15 12:38:49  

Not real sure what you’re lookin’ to do ......

think of it like camera f-stops and depth of field 

SWMBO is an eBay gnudt.  Sold my catalogs long ago.

”Snek” may have a clue as well.

ReplyQuote